• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/six-people-killed-texas-campsite-homicide-local-tv-221608733.html

Six people were killed over the weekend at an east Texas campsite and a suspect has been taken into custody for suspected murder, the Anderson County Sheriff's office said on Monday.

A man and a woman were found dead in a travel trailer at the crime scene near Palestine, about 170 miles northeast of Austin.

The bodies of four men were found on Monday in a pond behind the suspect's residence, the office said. The four were thought to have been at the campsite over the weekend and were initially considered missing.

No motive has been released for the incident. The names of those killed have not yet been made public.

William Hudson, 33, was arrested without incident on Sunday and charged with one count of murder. Bond has been set at $2.5 million, it said.

The victims were members of two different families from out of the area who were staying in a travel trailer belonging to one of the victims, local TV broadcaster KYTX reported.

The suspect is not related to the victims of the incident that took place in the campsite northwest of Palestine, it said.

Last edited:
Holy shit! This is about thirty minutes away from me, and I know the area well. I'll update if I hear anything new locally.

Holy shit! This is about thirty minutes away from me, and I know the area well. I'll update if I hear anything new locally.

How creepy. And what are the odds you have two sets of unrelated multiple homicides so close together? I just sent a text to a very dear friend of mine since 1984 and he hasn't gotten back yet. I have the worst feeling this campsite may be near Lake Palestine where his family's timeshare condo is. They were just there at the first of the month prepping their boats and dock for the winter. Is this near the lake?

This sounds like something out of a horror movie. Friday was the 13th. My kid made me watch a bunch of horror flicks. I wonder if he did this to be somehow rembered for being the murder of the weekend of Friday the 13th or some messed up crap like that.

I saw this after I got home. Very strange, indeed. Maybe he was hallucinating; having one of those possums flying out of the microwave episodes only worse? Palestine is a beautiful area of piney woods.

Yes, very strange indeed. The link says they camped on land recently purchased by Kamp and Johnson (among the victims), which is adjacent to Hudson's property.

Maybe Hudson had a beef with the new owners, camping on land the nut job believed was his? What a freak.

I know appearances are deceiving - hell, look at me - but this fucker does look like a demented freak. I wouldn't be surprised if they found more bodies on the property. Hell, maybe he started using the pond because the house got full...

The man charged in the killings of six people at an East Texas campsite had earlier befriended the group and helped dislodge one of their vehicles from mud, a sheriff said Tuesday.

William Hudson, 33, met the six people, who were part of two families, and spent time speaking with them on Saturday, Anderson County Sheriff Greg Taylor said.

"One of the vehicles became stuck and he pulled them out and they gathered around the camp and hung out together," he said.

He said Hudson returned hours later and killed them all, though authorities have not said how.

Taylor declined to elaborate on the attack or a motive, but said Tuesday that there were "several different crime scenes." The bodies of a man and a woman were found in a travel camper and four bodies, including a child, were later pulled from a pond about a half-mile away. One woman survived and alerted authorities.

"I've been in law enforcement for 31 years and I've never seen anything like this," he said.

The victims' names won't be released until the autopsies are complete, possibly by Thursday, Taylor said.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-charged-6-slain-rural-texas-campsite-071838927.html

http://news.yahoo.com/elderly-woman-survived-mass-texas-slayings-hiding-woods-205822969.html

An elderly woman survived the slayings of six people at an east Texas campsite over the weekend by hiding in the woods for several hours before calling for help, the Anderson County Sheriff's Office said on Tuesday.

The woman was camping on private property in Palestine, 100 miles southeast of Dallas, with her husband, daughter, grandson and three non-relatives, the sheriff's office said.

The suspect in the killings is William Hudson, 33, whose family owns the property adjacent to the campsite. Hudson befriended the group during the weekend and helped tow a truck out of the mud, according to police.

No motive has been released for the killings.

Police said the identities of the victims will not be released until autopsies are completed. The Palestine Herald-Press newspaper identified the survivor as Cynthia Johnson, whose husband, Carl Johnson, 77, and 6-year-old grandson were among the victims.

The survivor described Hudson to police, who arrested him on Sunday without incident. He was charged with one count of murder and more charges are possible. Bond was set at $2.5 million, according to jail records.

A man and woman were found dead in a travel trailer and the bodies of four males, including a child, were discovered in a pond behind Hudson's residence, the office said.

This sounds like something out of a horror movie. Friday was the 13th. My kid made me watch a bunch of horror flicks. I wonder if he did this to be somehow rembered for being the murder of the weekend of Friday the 13th or some messed up crap like that.

Holy shit.

(oh no.. wave goodbye to the era of Hollywood-produced horror films..)

Edited to add: Seriously, guys, this would be an *amazing* film.

Last edited:
http://news.yahoo.com/six-people-found-dead-texas-150200026.html

Two bodies were initially found about 7 a.m. Sunday after a sole survivor, identified by the Franklin Sun Journal as Cynthia Johnson, was able to make her way to a main road and call 911.

Johnson’s husband, Carl Johnson, their adult daughter Hannah Johnson and her six-year-old son Kade Johnson were killed, theJournal wrote.

Hannah Johnson’s boyfriend, Thomas Kamp and his two oldest children were also found murdered, the Journal reported.

Kamp owned the property the group was staying on in a travel trailer, KYTX wrote.

Hannah Johnson and Kamp lived about 100 miles away from where they were camping, the Journal wrote.

"She moved to Texas a few years ago with her toddler son Kade to be closer to her parents where they retired. She met a great guy and was very happy there," Hannah Johnson's friend, Michael Gilbert, wrote on Facebook.

"She loved camping and was excited to buy her first Airstream camper not long ago. I spoke to her recently and she was very happy.

"On Saturday, she was camping with her parents, her son, and her boyfriend and his two sons when the neighbor entered her camper and shot them all dead; the only survivor was Hannah's mother. Their bodies were thrown in the pond. We all found out about this last night. Everyone is in shock."

The suspect is not related to any of the victims, authorities said.

A motive for the murders has not been revealed. Hudson is believed to have acted alone.

The Anderson County Sheriff’s Office believes this is the largest homicide case in the county’s history, KYTX reported.

TX Rangers, Anderson County Sheriff’s Office and Dallas Police Department are assisting in the investigation.

Last edited:
I dunno...I'm thinking this was a crime of opportunity? He saw some people who needed help and jumped in to appraise the situation, get friendly with them, and lull them into a false sense of security, all with the intent of murdering them from the start. Learning they were from out of town probably sealed the deal.

Motive? No idea...maybe he's just one of those freaks who's always wanted to kill someone.

Not confirmed but I read in several comments sections that he recently sold them that property, he must have felt compelled financially to sell this property but really didn't want to, so he killed them to get it back? Can't see that happening.

I wonder if they had something he wanted, that the murders are the result of a robbery gone wrong or part of a robbery gone right in his head.

He helped them with one of their vehicles, befriended them, visited their campsite, he knew what they had there and maybe some or all of their things were enough for him to kill for.

http://news.yahoo.com/warrant-suspect-drank-texas-victims-then-shot-them-211918569.html

The lone survivor of an attack that left six dead at an East Texas campsite told authorities that the suspect had drinks with the victims before producing a gun and firing on them, according to an arrest warrant released Wednesday.

William Hudson, 33, was drinking with the group Saturday when he accompanied four of them — including a 6-year-old boy — into the surrounding woods, the warrant provided by the Anderson County Sheriff's Office said.

Cynthia Johnson told sheriff's deputies that she heard gunshots before Hudson returned alone to the campsite and chased her husband, Carl Johnson, and daughter, Hannah Johnson, into a travel camper. She said she fled and hid in the woods but saw her husband fall on the steps of the camper, where Hudson shot him.

Cynthia Johnson waited until it appeared safe and made her way to a road and eventually called 911, the document said.

Authorities have said Hudson went to his mother's home on an adjacent property and the warrant shows deputies saw him through a door wearing bloodstained clothes. He barricaded himself inside before eventually surrendering.

Thomas Kamp purchased the land in August. Kamp and Hannah Johnson lived together in Midlothian, south of Dallas, with Johnson's 6-year-old son Kade. They were at the campsite with Johnson's parents and two of Kamp's children from a prior marriage, Nathan and Austin Kamp, who were California residents. The family also was celebrating Nathan Kamp's approaching 24th birthday.

The warrant said that after having drinks, Hudson followed the Kamps and Kade into the woods and shot them before returning to the campsite and gunning down the other two. The bodies of the Kamps and the child were found in a nearby pond. Investigators also found blood on the tractor, according to the warrant.

Last edited:
"Hudson’s family reportedly owned the property that was purchased recently by Kamp and Johnson before it was sold to them."

HUH???

I wonder if he got mad about his mother selling off some of the land...part of what he perceived to be his inheritance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...psite-guilty-capital-murder-article-1.3619755
campsite-slayings-texas.jpg

BRYAN, Texas - A man has been convicted of capital murder in the brutal slayings of six people at a remote Texas campsite in 2015.

A Brazos County jury found 35-year-old William Hudson guilty Tuesday on three counts of capital murder for his role in killing 77-year-old Carl Johnson, 40-year-old Hannah Johnson, 45-year-old Thomas Kamp, 23-year-old Nathan Kamp, 21-year-old Austin Kamp and 6-year-old Kade Johnson, The Eagle reported .

The victims were part of a blended family that had come from as far away as California for a weekend together to camp. They were camping on property they'd recently bought from Hudson's family, prosecutors said.

Special prosecutor Lisa Tanner said Hudson resented the sale and killed the six after plying them with alcohol.
[....]
Pre-trial publicity in Anderson County forced the case to be moved to Brazos County in order to avoid potential jury bias.

The jury is hearing punishment testimony Wednesday. Hudson faces life in prison with no chance for parole or death by lethal injection.

November 15, 2017

William Mitchell Hudson, 35, convicted on three counts of capital murder was sentenced to death by lethal injection on Wednesday.

"Having been convicted of capital punishment I sentence you to death,” said presiding judge, the honorable Mark Calhoon. The jury of 8 women and four men, plus two alternates, all over the age of 30, returned with their verdict after less than thirty minutes of deliberation.

http://www.palestineherald.com/news...cle_f6f03f02-ca37-11e7-a085-2b35a1e1bc1f.html

I hope he gets at least a couple false starts. "Alright Hudson...let's go". "Wait, back in your cell. The bathroom for the guests is clogged up." "Now"..."No, wait". "Get ready...and...hang on...Stupid needle is rusty. Gotta find another. "

Make him simmer.

Latest posts

Back