• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
taqb9l.jpg

A man in Oregon was carrying a Walther P22 pistol like this one when he was robbed by another man with a gun early Saturday.​
[...]
An Oregon man proudly carrying his brand new pistol out in the open had it stolen at gunpoint by a brazen thief, police said.

William Coleman III, of Gresham, near Portland, had owned his Walther P22 pistol for just a few hours before it was stolen by a gun-toting passerby early Saturday
[...]
Cops say the bumbling gun enthusiast had the piece out in the open when he was talking to his cousin on a street at about 2:10 a.m.
[...]
told police a young man approached and asked for a cigarette, and then suddenly flashed a piece of his own.

"I like your gun. Give it to me," he demanded,
[...]
Coleman handed it over, and the young man took off.

Coleman had just bought the gun, estimated at $380, Friday and was carrying it out in the open legally,
[...]
The perp was described as a thin black man, about 6 feet, 1 inch tall, between ages 19 and 23, with a small patch of hair on his chin.

He was wearing grey sweats, a white shirt and flip flops.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pistol-toting-oregon-man-robbed-gunpoint-article-1.1968902

Damn that's a dangerous criminal right there. Criminals usually target the weak, easy targets, this guy went right up to someone who had their own gun. Didn't even bother to pull his either, just flashed it apparently.

That's the thing about carrying a firearm, it's one thing to have it, it's another to use it. I don't think we should judge this guy too harshly or make him out to be some donkey brained dipshit though, be pretty dumb to risk either your certain death or the scumbags over mere personal belongings.

Goes to show how open carry likely isn't the best course of option though. Never understood the appeal of that one myself. Ya get weird looks and if anyone does decide to do some shootin rampage in a restuarant or business or something, guess who they're gonna neutralize first, the other guy with a gun. Just makes ya a target i think.

It takes a lot more than guts to actually shot someone. I guess if he is serious about being a gun owner, he'll learn to carry a back-up on him.

I was an armed gaurd for 13 years, i always worked receptionist posts for government contracts. While on post i carried .38 Snub revolver, i was once asked by a contractor if i carried and if so could he see it. I said as politely as i could... you never show your cock or your gun unless your ready to use it. This idiot would have done better with his cock out, atleast this ass wouldnt have walked up on him

This is precisely why I think that those which aren't used to handling weapons ought to take some classes before any sort of carry. Just because you can open carry, doesn't mean you ought to without knowing what you're getting into.

$380 dollars. I didn't realise handguns or any guns could be that cheap. Anywhere.

Goggle search and holy shit I've been sorely mistaken.

I do the Federal paperwork under my boss's FFL, with a clean criminal record I can sell and sign the paperwork nder his license number.

How much you want to bet he acted like a complete fool when he got that gun? Some places are so worried about making a buck that they don't do anything other than what the government requires. We take the extra time to make sure the buyers have at least a basic understanding of what they are doing. And also, if someone is acting stupid (no regard for safety, etc.) I don't care what the background check tells me, I'm free to say that the system told me to call back after they did more checking and I will.

My name is signed on that paperwork, it's a scary thought to think that I'm handing a gun to someone who is as unprepared as this dipshit was, so I'm that bitch that tells people to wait.

Shit seriously?? Come on now, if the guy just flashed his piece and wasn't pointing it at him, while "Giving" the gun to the guy, point the thing at him and tell him to shut the fuck up....I cannot help but believe this guys is a little bitch....

Shit seriously?? Come on now, if the guy just flashed his piece and wasn't pointing it at him, while "Giving" the gun to the guy, point the thing at him and tell him to shut the fuck up....I cannot help but believe this guys is a little bitch....

hehe right.... and if you're going to carry- carry something bigger than a .22 .. they're fun, and useful for certain things but not a carry piece. .45 eliminates one side of the story

$380 dollars. I didn't realise handguns or any guns could be that cheap. Anywhere.

Goggle search and holy shit I've been sorely mistaken.

Mine cost 115 bucks, and i overpaid. It's an old piece of goofy crap, but it works.

Anyways, still don't get why people are assuming this guy was some goof off or that he didn't know how to use a gun. Just cuz you're dumb enough to open carry like this doesn't mean you're dumb enough to not know how to use a gun.

You guys rather this story be about some guy who got shot to death after entering into a gun battle with a crook who tried to rob him of his firearm? Should he have quick drew like he was in a fuckin western or something? What if the other fucker was faster?

Not everyone who carries does so with the desire or intent to ever get into a gun fight. Perhaps he had it solely if he needed to defend a loved one, or if he was ever in a position where he could sneak up on somebody robbing some place and pop em in the back of the head. He weighed his options in this situation and apparently decided the risks of pulling his gun were greater then the risks of simply handing it over. May be hard for us to wrap our heads around but i doubt many of you truly know how you'd react until you've been in such a situation yourself. Easy to spout bullshit about how easy it is to enter into gun battles in the street.

Back