• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
LyM2e4C.jpg
A Brussels widow slept next to her mummified husband's corpse for a year, her landlord said after making the macabre discovery during an eviction, a Belgian daily reported Tuesday.

The newspaper, La Derniere Heure (The Final Hour), published striking pictures of a shawl-wrapped, emaciated body with a long white moustache, sunken eye sockets and protruding rib-cage, covered in a film of dried skin.

The newspaper said the images were of a man who had died at the age of 73 after living in the down-at-heel Anderlecht district of the Belgian capital for a dozen years or so with his wife.

According to initial medical tests, he died of natural causes a year ago.

The gruesome find emerged because the rent on their apartment had not been paid since November 2012 and the landlord launched eviction proceedings.

"I have seen dead people before... but never in this condition," the landlord was quoted as saying by the newspaper, which is known for its coverage of the weird and wonderful.

"The lady slept next to her husband's body," he said.

Neighbours told the newspaper a pungent odour had drawn their attention to the address, and that the 69-year-old widow had not taken out the garbage recently.

They said the widow had told locals her husband was away "receiving treatment."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...LQ?docId=ab3ff539-2ea1-4a5e-8a51-0618f0d871be

Reading the title made me think of the Crypt Keeper. This is insane. When the widow left the house, you'd think she must've smelled like death. ick

I need to know how the hell she kept warm next to a cold stiff... Inquiring minds

I need to know how the hell she kept warm next to a cold stiff... Inquiring minds
Maybe he was a cold fish anyway and she barely noticed the difference... she was just happy he didn't snore or steal the covers any more.

I've seen a 3 day decomp in an apartment with no AC in Indian summer. Oh Dear God! The smell I can handle, smells like decomposing deer/bears/etc., but the view. Motherfucker! Bloated, oozing, turning colors. :vomit:

I want to know how these women keep making such pristine mummy's. Is it something they google or some tid bit of information that's passed down from generation to generation. I never got a DYI mummy course from my mother :(

Sleeping beside a mummy, probably doable..sleeping on green human goo soaked sheets..heck no!

Maybe these "sleeping beside mummy" women took a course at the same school that the women who give birth "silently and quickly in the bushes" went to.

Well, that's a let down. I figured you were working out as a petty dictator for hire in some banana republic, not whittling on a piece of teak.

I wanna know how he didn't bloat and explode. She kept the a/c on?
It's really all about the climate. If it was cool and dry, the body can naturally mummify with hardly any of the nasty bloating and oozing that occurs in warm or wet environments. Putrefaction is replaced by dessication, in which the body's tissues dry up and harden instead of liquefying.

There's almost always some liquefaction in the abdomen, though, since so many wet, squishy bits are enclosed there, but it's possible that she used absorbent pads beneath the body to manage the meagre amount of ick. Cause of death can be a factor, too, especially if he was emaciated and severely dehydrated before he gave up the ghost.

Why Do People Sleep With Their Dead Spouses?
A Belgian woman was recently caught sleeping with her husband's corpse a year after he died. And she's not the only one

Authorities in Brussels made a grotesque discovery earlier this week in the apartment of a 69-year-old woman: the mummified remains of her husband’s corpse, snug in a wool sweater and sinking into the scarlet stains of his own postmortem fluids. He was lying on the left side of their shared bed, his wife too despondent to even change the sheets. The 79-year-old man, known only as Marcel H., is believed to have died from an asthma attack last November.

[...]

Le Van, a 55-year-old Vietnamese man, has slept next to his wife’s corpse since she died in 2003. He spent his nights atop her grave for the first 20 months, and when the wind and rain proved too much, he dug a tunnel into her plot to rest next to her underground. He later exhumed her corpse and wrapped her bones in papier-mâché so he could sleep with her arts-and-crafts mummy at home. Van may have taken his cue from Xie Yuchen, a Chinese man who slept with the dried remains of his wife for eight years until they were discovered in 2013.

In Russia, one bereaved spouse encouraged her five young children to spoon broth into the mouth of their father’s cadaver. She used air fresheners to cover up the smell. Investigators discovered the family’s secret only when two of the girls, ages 14 and 9, decided to dispose of his body against their mother’s will.

Then there’s the Argentine woman who recently admitted to traveling to Mexico several times a year to sleep inside her husband’s mausoleum. She brings bedding and a small cooker, and has even installed wireless. As the widow told local media rather matter-of-factly: “When you love someone, you do all sorts of things.”

And just last week, a German man was cleared of murder after police in Mombasa found him sleeping next to his wife, who had expired days earlier.

[...]

One practical curiosity is how it could be possible for someone to bear the famously repugnant smell of a rotting corpse. Nathan notes that in many cases the feeling of loss is so grave it can actually mute the senses.

[...]

In some cultures, it’s still socially acceptable to spend an entire evening with a loved one’s corpse, albeit not in your own bed and not for weeks at a time. [...]

READ MORE: http://www.vocativ.com/11-2013/peop...c&utm_source=outbrain&cid=dec31&icid=outbrain

My ex-husband's aunt refused to allow the funeral home to take her husband's corpse until she spent some "quality" time alone with him. It was behind closed doors and she still refuses to tell anyone what occurred.

That fun fact falls into the category of another reason I got the hell outta that family!

Back