• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-black-disabled-teammate-with-a-coat-hanger/
When a teammate held out his arms after football practice in their high school locker-room, the boy thought he was about to get a hug.

Instead, he got viciously raped, authorities say.

As the teammate restrained the boy, another football player allegedly thrust a coat hanger into the boy’s rectum. Then a third teammate kicked the coat hanger several times, according to a criminal complaint.

The Oct. 23, 2015 incident has rocked the tiny town of Dietrich, Idaho. This spring, after several months of investigation, the state Attorney General’s office filed sexual assault charges against all three alleged attackers. Two of the teenagers are being charged as adults and could face life in prison, under Idaho law.

Earlier this month, the case took an even darker turn when the boy’s family filed a $10 million lawsuit against Dietrich High School.
[....]
the alleged rape wasn’t a one-off but rather the culmination of months of racist abuse by white students against the boy, who is black.

The boy “was taunted and called racist names by other members of the team which names included ‘Kool-Aid’ ‘chicken eater’ ‘watermelon’ and [the N-word],” the suit alleges.

The civil complaint filed in the U.S. District Court in Idaho also claims that one of the students charged with sexual assault displayed a Confederate flag and demanded the boy recite a racist song titled “Notorious KKK.”

All three of the boy’s attackers were white, the suit says.

The suit, which names the 18-year-old boy, was provided to The Washington Post by his attorney. However, The Post generally does not name victims of sexual assault.
[....]
the lawsuit also names 11 employees as defendants. It claims school administrators and coaches did nothing to stop the racial and physical abuse towards the boy, who was especially vulnerable due to “mental disorders including learning disabilities.”

The suit even claims that Dietrich football coaches encouraged other players to fight the boy, allowing a much larger student to knock the boy unconscious as other students shouted “catcalls, taunts and racial epithets.”
[....]
Against the alleged backdrop of widespread racial abuse at Dietrich, one individual stands out: John R.K. Howard.

Howard, 18, is one of the three students accused of sexually assaulting the boy with the coat hanger. He is charged as an adult with one count of forcible penetration by use of force or a foreign object, according to the criminal complaint.

The lawsuit paints Howard as the ringleader of the racist abuse against the boy, who was adopted at age four by white parents living in the predominantly white town of 334 people.

“Mr. Howard is a large and aggressive male who had been sent to live with his relatives in Idaho due to his inability to keep out of trouble in Texas,” the complaint says. “Mr. Howard is a relative of prominent individuals in the community and, at least in part due to his athletic ability and community connections, the Defendants ignored or were deliberately indifferent to the behavior of Mr. Howard which included aggression, taunting and bullying of The Plaintiff and other students in the District. With deliberate indifference, the Defendants did nothing to curb the vicious acts of Mr. Howard who brought with him from Texas a culture of racial hatred towards the Plaintiff.”

The boy, one of the few black students at Dietrich let alone his football team, was subjected to frequent abuse by Howard and his fellow teammates, including “aggressive ‘humping’, jumping on him from the back and simulating anal sex,” according to the suit. His fellow football players allegedly gave him painful wedgies, stripped him of his clothes and took naked photos of him in the locker-room. One student drew a picture of the boy sitting in the back of the bus on a classroom chalkboard.

It was Howard, however, who was allegedly behind the worst abuse.

It was Howard who allegedly forced the boy to recite the words to “Notorious KKK,” a bitterly racist and violent rap song set to the tune of Notorious B.I.G.’s “Can’t You See,” the suit alleges.

It was Howard who, with his bare fists, allegedly knocked out the boy, who was made to wear boxing gloves, as teammates and coaches formed a circle around them.

And it was Howard who allegedly kicked the coat hanger five or six times, causing the boy “rectal injuries” that required hospital treatment, the lawsuit claims.

Another player, 17-year-old wide receiver Tanner Ward, has been also been charged as an adult with forcible penetration, according to local news website MagicValley.com. According to the lawsuit, Ward, “physically forced a coat hanger into the Plaintiff’s rectum” before Howard kicked it.

Facebook photos show Ward participating in cowboy competitions. A quick-footed wide receiver, he has his own web page on hudl.com devoted to highlights of his football prowess.
[....]
A third football player, age 16, has been charged as a juvenile. His name has not been released.

Last month, during a preliminary hearing in the case against Ward, the boy testified how he had been tricked with kindness moments before the cruel attack.

The boy said Howard and Ward started harassing him before practice on Oct. 22, giving him a “power wedgie” so violent it tore his boxers.

That was nothing compared to what would come after practice, however.
[....]
Ward’s attorney argued that the boy’s testimony conflicted with that of another witness, but Judge Mark Ingram allowed the case to continue. Ward’s trial is scheduled to begin on September 26. The Lincoln County Clerk’s Office could not say Tuesday whether he had filed a plea.

Howard, who is finishing high school in Texas, has a preliminary hearing set for June 10 and has not yet entered a plea.

This sounds incredibly fake to me. Like someone took all the movie clichés of 'white guys being racist' and 'football team bullies' and put them all together. Or a bad episode of Law and Order: SVU. I'm curious to see if they have any real evidence.

The boy “was taunted and called racist names by other members of the team which names included ‘Kool-Aid’ ‘chicken eater’ ‘watermelon’ and [the N-word],” the suit alleges.

If this is true then why allow your child to continue to go to the school and be bullied?

Hey..I like chicken and koolaid, and watermelon. And my name when the letters are mixed up spell the N-word. My name is Ginger. (A stupid nugget of information recently obtained from a idiot).
Stupid jock assholes never learn do they? Sure hope the kid is ok.

Last edited:
This sounds incredibly fake to me. Like someone took all the movie clichés of 'white guys being racist' and 'football team bullies' and put them all together. Or a bad episode of Law and Order: SVU. I'm curious to see if they have any real evidence.

Looks... like... someone's never been to rural Idaho! :D

Which, please, leave it off your list of vacation destinations. The last time I visited, I was met with scenes from Deliverance. Not even exaggerating. The only thing missing was a banjo.

While the list of 10 states with the most hate groups is dominated by the South, Idaho represents the PNW with a very strong showing of #3. Aryan Nation was birthed in Idaho, and is considered to be operating out of Boise, the closest "major" city to Dietrich. Anti-black hate crimes are the most common in Idaho, incidentally, even though black folk represent a mere .6% of the population as of 2010.

Three football players have been criminally charged with serious sexual crimes, two of whom have been charged as adults. That's not an easy feat in rural Idaho. They've got evidence, alright.

If this is true then why allow your child to continue to go to the school and be bullied?

Who knows what they parents knew, and when. It may be that a lot of this is coming from witness statements, and the parents weren't privy to the bullying until after the sexual assault. Parents almost never know the severity of bullying when it's occurring. And, if the victim opened his arms to a hug prior to the attack, it's quite likely he was minimizing it.

Fuck Idaho, seriously. I wish it could fall into the ocean like Florida just might one day, but there's little chance of that.

I should think his injuries and confession of one involved should suffice for evidence.

In Idaho this is just another weekday.
I am sickened beyond words if this is true.
Hope that coconut balled 'gifted' athlete asshole is on the receiving end of some serious jailhouse justice once word gets out.
Maybe this town should just be put out of its misery, given how it seems like one sick puppy.
What is it with jocks and their fixation with ass invasion and humiliation...FFS.

Town of 335, there is no other school.

...and, I can't be certain, but it seems this school was elementary/middle/high school all together. You look it up on Google Maps and it says "Dietrich School District" and points to that building.

The next town over, Shoshone, has a middle/high school combo, but a separate elementary, at least.

Can't be easy to move a kid around in that particular region.

...and, I can't be certain, but it seems this school was elementary/middle/high school all together. You look it up on Google Maps and it says "Dietrich School District" and points to that building.

The next town over, Shoshone, has a middle/high school combo, but a separate elementary, at least.

Can't be easy to move a kid around in that particular region.

If my child is being bullied, abused and called an nigger, damn my job, I'm protecting my baby and getting him out of there.

If my child is being bullied, abused and called an nigger, damn my job, I'm protecting my baby and getting him out of there.

I suspect they didn't know. But, let's say they did. Not everyone can up and move to Western Washington, the next closest locale where that probably won't be an issue. And, just keep him out of school? In Idaho, you're subject to misdemeanor charges and up to a year in jail for violating truancy laws. We're talking about more than a job on the line, here.

But, odds are quite good they had no clue at all for a good, long while.

I suspect they didn't know. But, let's say they did. Not everyone can up and move to Western Washington, the next closest locale where that probably won't be an issue. And, just keep him out of school? In Idaho, you're subject to misdemeanor charges and up to a year in jail for violating truancy laws. We're talking about more than a job on the line, here.

But, odds are quite good they had no clue at all for a good, long while.

My first priority will always be my children, even as teenagers so if I did know this was happening to my child I would up and move to wherever we had to go and just start over.

Nothing is more important to a child than the security of a parent IMO.

I'm not blaming them for what happened but I do question why they would allow their child to go through that emotional torture *if* they knew.

Goddamn, this was even worse than I expected (since at first I thought "how does one get raped with a coat?" duh... coat hanger.) Although to some this might sound too horrible to be true, I recall seeing a news report about a similar case, proven to be true thanks to some cellphone vid clips and witnesses. Kid got beat up by 4 people (footballers) who didn't like him, they shoved a pen in the end of his dick and stepped on it. His mother was on the show describing all the reconstructive surgeries he would need, which was interspersed with clips of the football players claiming they were "just roughhousing", their parents alternately going with "boys will be boys" or victim-blaming (one even suggesting the victim was gay, as if that was somehow relevant). The typical "what about their promising athletic career?"
What I'm gettin at here though is that while these things (fortunately) aren't common, they happen more often than you might think. look at what happened to Shanda Sharer (eeeesh....)

Disabled. And raped with a coat hanger.

I honestly feel sick. I too, hope this is a hoax - solely because I can't imagine the level of pain and horror the victim would have endured. And the true evil of his assailants.

What kid of ANY age thinks to do this? What the ever loving fuck are they hearing at home that says, rape and abuse a disabled black boy with a coat hanger.

Sounds like some old fashioned lynching is in order - for the assailants, assuming this is true. The perverse evil and vicious cruelty of this crime takes my breath away. We don't need monsters like this, living in our world.

Goddamn, this was even worse than I expected (since at first I thought "how does one get raped with a coat?" duh... coat hanger.) Although to some this might sound too horrible to be true, I recall seeing a news report about a similar case, proven to be true thanks to some cellphone vid clips and witnesses. Kid got beat up by 4 people (footballers) who didn't like him, they shoved a pen in the end of his dick and stepped on it. His mother was on the show describing all the reconstructive surgeries he would need, which was interspersed with clips of the football players claiming they were "just roughhousing", their parents alternately going with "boys will be boys" or victim-blaming (one even suggesting the victim was gay, as if that was somehow relevant). The typical "what about their promising athletic career?"
What I'm gettin at here though is that while these things (fortunately) aren't common, they happen more often than you might think. look at what happened to Shanda Sharer (eeeesh....)
Damn, that's horrible. So does that make the footballers gay for playing with his cock? Same for the ones in this story. They couldn't just beat him up? The sick fucks decided a FUCKING COST HANGER up his ass was the better choice. I hope they find out how that feels in jail.

0525howardone_1464215890667_2505825_ver1.0_zpswclfqdwz.jpg

Records show Howard lives in north Fort Worth. No one answered his family's door Wednesday. The allegations stunned one neighbor, who asked to remain anonymous because she knows the family.

"That is so sick. That is so sad," she said. "To say the least, I'm shocked, because whenever I see them, they've been well behaved."

Howard was arrested in Tarrant County months after the alleged incident. He then went back to Idaho for his first court appearance.

The alleged victim may now have to move so he can heal.

"It's not part of our culture," Schlender said. “In fact, our culture is just the opposite. Very quiet, very inclusive, and it's really shocking."

Our call for comment to Howard's attorney was not returned. It is unclear where Howard went to school when living in Texas.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/fort-worth-teen-charged-in-idaho-locker-room-sexual-assault/215091060

If my child, John R. K. Howard, had done this to another child, he would not be going back to school. I wouldn't want him anywhere near any vulnerable people, this can't be his first time doing something like this, tho maybe the first time it went as far as it did. They had to know this kid was a ticking time bomb. Just looking for somebody to explode on.

It wasn't that long ago that we had the case of players raping a teammate with a pool cue that perforated his intestines. Thus I have no reason to doubt this happened.

I remember when white supremacists were setting up compounds in northern Idaho; bombings and bank robberies in Coeur d'Alene.

The next town over likely isn't simply a short, quick drive down the road.

It's actually not that far away. About a 10 minute drive across a rural highway. But, there's no guarantee there's any availability. There's also no guarantee of an environment free of abusive jocks and racist staff who will look away. I mean, it's still rural fucking Idaho.

So homelessness/starvation vs kids being mean at school. I'm not sure your choice would be the most responsible.

The next town over likely isn't simply a short, quick drive down the road.

I have too many skills for unemployment to be an option and I've also started over from nothing several times. My responsibility is to my child.

I have too many skills for unemployment to be an option and I've also started over from nothing several times. My responsibility is to my child.

The parent or parents in this story may not have had such luxury. Sounds like you got a real swell life story, but there's plenty of other variables that could factor into this familys situation to where a simpleminded, "i'd have just quit my job and left the area with my kid!" is kind of a pointless thing to spew out.
[doublepost=1464280185,1464280078][/doublepost]
It's actually not that far away. About a 10 minute drive across a rural highway. But, there's no guarantee there's any availability. There's also no guarantee of an environment free of abusive jocks and racist staff who will look away. I mean, it's still rural fucking Idaho.

Very true on the last part there. In rural areas, kids in towns 30 miles apart tend to have fairly close/frequent contact and relations. I'd imagine the geography of these two towns has rendered them damn near one and the same, no way these kids aren't good frequent pals with fellers from the other.

Also, people in rural areas don't always live right in the middle of the small town they may technically reside in. Very often people live a good 15-20 min drive from the towns center or school. So a 10 minute drive across the highway may be true of the distance from one town to another, but it could be quite a different story if we're talking from the residence of one family in town A to the school in town B.

Last edited:
Back