• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
There used to be a field for searching the forums immediately above the icon and ratings in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Can we have it back please? It worked for me, or at last it did most of the time, and neither the one in the second line of tabs (under Forums) or the Google search field do. :bigtears:

Wait a moment. I think I may have gotten the Google Search field to work. Is it possible to filter it in any way?

The Forum Search tab (in the dark red line under Forums) does not give any results, - even for stories I know exist and am just looking to update. It just pretends to search for a while and then times out on the same page: No list of results.

In the old search field I could ask for just posts by a particular person (e.g. me) or between certain dates. And I could search a particular forum only. This one seems to offer filtering by "relevance" (what does that mean?) or by date.

Guess I need to try and play with it a bit more, but some searches throw up dozens of pages in the Google search field and unless one knows approximately when the original story was posted it makes it hard to find it......

In the old search field I could ask for just posts by a particular person (e.g. me) or between certain dates. And I could search a particular forum only. This one seems to offer filtering by "relevance" (what does that mean?) or by date.

Guess I need to try and play with it a bit more, but some searches throw up dozens of pages in the Google search field and unless one knows approximately when the original story was posted it makes it hard to find it......

All of the searches that pull up will only be linked back to the forums.

What you may be seeing is each instance those key words are posted. If you look at the main title of each of those results there may be many, but it is for the same thread. All of them will take you to the same place.

This search is faster. Much faster. I think if you give it a chance, you'll find it's more efficient to use.

This search is faster. Much faster. I think if you give it a chance, you'll find it's more efficient to use.

I'll try. I was reasonably efficient with the old one. I can learn a new one. (But the other one, the Search Forums under Forums, just appears not to be working at all? Or is that just me being dense?)

I'll try. I was reasonably efficient with the old one. I can learn a new one. (But the other one, the Search Forums under Forums, just appears not to be working at all? Or is that just me being dense?)

It was working but the time to it took to give search results would be a minute or longer where as this search gives results, with the same accuracy in under a second.

Nah, I am giving it a lot longer than a minute. It does not work. (The old one that I used to use it not there any longer. I'll stop looking for that, but this other link that I found when I was looking for it, - that search just plain does not do anything; http://www.dreamindemon.com/community/search/?type=post )

You are using the same search we removed because it wasn't working well. Locate the google search box below your name and statistics on the main forum page. Use that. If you are looking for a specific story, search for a person's name in the story and put it in parenthesis.

You are using the same search we removed because it wasn't working well.

That was not where I used to get it from, and it might be an idea to remove the link to it from the tabs, in that case? I spent twenty frustrating minutes trying to get it to work.

Thank you for the tip about the parenthesis! That will be very helpful!!

I had a problem too & I was unsure if the name wasn't there & it pushed me on to the internet search or what.
After reading through the conversation I'll see if I can try again & make it work later...

Back