• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
725aqa.png

Court documents released Thursday morning on the arrest of a convicted sex offender detail the attempted abduction of a 14-year-old girl from an East Lubbock convenience store on Tuesday.

Police arrested Ricky James Overhulser, 53, on an unrelated charge Wednesday night. A warrant was issued at the Lubbock County Detention Center, where Overhulser was being held on charges of attempting to compel prostitution. Case information was released through the department’s social media account that same evening.

The police report states at around 1:32 p.m. Tuesday, officers responded to the 7-Eleven at 2526 Parkway Drive after being notified of an attempted kidnapping.

On the scene, police were told the teen girl and her mother stopped at the store to purchase fuel. While the mother was in the store carrying out the transaction, the girl, who was standing at the fuel pump, was approached by a man whom police later identified as Overhulser.

The girl told police a white man in a white car told her to get in his vehicle. After the girl declined, the man asked her if she dated, to which she said “no.”

“At some point he showed her money, and again asked her if she dated,” the officer noted.

In fear, the girl told police she ran into the store to tell her mother.

It was noted the man left the scene only to return a short time later while the mother finished pumping fuel.

Stopping near the mother, the man asked the woman, “How much for your daughter?” while holding fanned-out dollar bills.

At this point, police noted, the mother called the man a “dirty old man” and stated her daughter’s age.

The girl’s mother told police he seemed unfazed by the girl’s age as he still wanted to carry out the exchange.

He left the scene in a white Pontiac car, headed eastbound on Parkway Drive, after the mother told him she was going to call police with his license plate information.

Police described the young girl as distraught.

The report shows the mother told police part of the girl’s demeanor was due to a prior incident involving a family friend.
http://m.lubbockonline.com/crime-an...ffenders-arrest-attempted-abduction#gsc.tab=0

I think it's fucked the mother dismissed her daughters demeanor due to an incident with a family friend. The kid was right to be freaked out.

I'm glad he wanted to pay and not just take, he goes to jail and a little girl goes to therapy, but everyone lived another day.

53?! :eek: Jesus Christ! He looks 73! A dentist should put him in an advert for taking care of your teeth! There is NO way one can go around in life all mushy mouthed and NOT appear twenty years older than he/she is OR look ill, like (s)he's been homeless for a very long time, or just don't give a fuck about his/her teeth! I get it: some of us are genetically predisposed to bad chompers... If you lose them, replace them. I know it's expensive (Oh dear God, do I know), but Jesus Christ on a bike, bad teeth lead to worse medical problems, and it's not right to make people look at lips flopping all over gums when you speak to them! It freaks me out! (So don't blame me if I stare!) I bet that young girl couldn't understand what he was saying at first, and then when she did, she was doubly (no, more) grossed out by the thought of "if he doesn't take care of the part people see, I can only imagine the parts people DON'T see!" :vomit: (how's that for an awesome visual? ;) you're welcome)

Gah! The fucking lack o'teeth derailed my ADHD brain...

The report shows the mother told police part of the girl’s demeanor was due to a prior incident involving a family friend.

I don't know what happened with this family friend...but I kind of want to punch this

woman in the face for calling him a FRIEND still at all.

I think it's fucked the mother dismissed her daughters demeanor due to an incident with a family friend. The kid was right to be freaked out.
Yeah that's very fucked that the mom even mentioned it... Unless that was a veiled way to mention it without "mentioning it." Are you picking up what I'm laying down??

I read the mom's comment differently, as implying the girl's hysteria was enhanced by a prior sexual imposition by a (former) family friend.

I read the mom's comment differently, as implying the girl's hysteria was enhanced by a prior sexual imposition by a (former) family friend.

I did, too, and it made me feel very sad for the daughter. She must be wondering what has made her a pervert magnet. I would be terrified.

I was a pervert magnet for decades. I couldn't imagine what awful thing they saw in me that made me a victim. Then I realized I carried myself like a victim, trying to look small and invisible. Had to retrain myself, head up, shoulders back, long confident stride.

I'm a huge weirdo magnet. I can be sitting and reading a book, and a strange ranger will materialize out of the ether just to pester me. I've actually blatantly looked around while one crazy drunk dude in an airport blathered on with the "you mustn't be talking to me... Is anyone seeing this? Do I have a sign over my head or something?" It happens far too often to be coincidence at this point. (These are just weirdos, not perverts- at least, I don't know if they're bonafide perverts. I don't let them get to the point of letting me know!)

Anyway! Upon rereading the mother's comment and your interpretation, @McDanel , I wonder this: why would there need to be more explanation as to why the daughter was so upset? Could she not just be that level upset over Mush Mouth being a disgusting perv and the mere thought of *that* pawing at her? *shudder* :hungover: ugh, that makes me feel the need to shower for hours... All that makes me wonder if, like I wrote before, if the mother was "mentioning it" without mentioning it like perhaps she promised to never speak of it again or some other fucked up agreement. :depressed:

Yep, I was a perve magnet too, until I learned to make myself appear strong and confident and in charge. Fake it til you make it and all that. Eventually I got older and grew into my current nature.

I can't punch my way out of a wet paper bag lol, but I'll tear a hunk out of someone with my goddamn teeth if I have to, if anyone ever tries lurching up to me, to do me harm. Its one of the few positives, I've learned, of having one fuck of a hot temper.

As for this poor girl. She needs therapy and family support. I agree with both sides from the other posters. I see that comment about her hysteria as fucked, from the mother. But man, its too easy to misinterpret words - and we're relying on a partial quote from the media. Let's face it. They're not a bastion of factual, unbiased and accurate truth these days. In the right context, it could have been an entirely appropriate thing to say.

Although I bloody well hope that the so-called family friend has been sent packing, missing a testicle or two.

This could have gone so badly. Its bad enough as it is. But we could be seeing her young face on an Amber Alert right now.

He is sickening. Paying or not. He repeatedly attempted to solicit sex from a minor. Unless she's the worlds oldest looking 14 yo, he would have known she was underage. That makes him a predator and a pedophile.

It also makes him the type of man who views females, as meat. She is simply an object he wishes to purchase and use for his gratification, despite knowing the legal, social, ethical and moral rules that we live by, say clearly that not only is she NOT an object, but at 14, is not to be used by an adult for sexual gratification in any way.

He's a pig with no chompers on 3 different levels. The best thing I can say about him is at least he didn't drag her off, or get violent when refused. Still, his constant offer of money just shows - she is nothing more than a life support system for a vagina in his eyes.

Last edited:
So much wrong in this story.

Toothless perv Gummy Joe...
Fanning out dollar bills to buy the girls attentions...
Mom not kicking him in the nuts...
Are 14 year olds selling sex becoming a thing in Texas...
Texas is a gun toting state, how was he not shot...
How much sex abuse has this girl been exposed to...
Will there ever be enough therapy to help her have a normal life...
and...

How in the fuck is this withered looking guy only in his 50's???????
Looks like he pisses dust FFS.

How did he attempt to abduct her? He asked her, rather politely it seems, to get in his vehicle, that's it. It's not like he's out physically snatchin kids up or tricking them into his rape van with promises of puppies and candy.

Def creepy he offered to buy her, not sure what the laws are on that, suppose if there's "attempted child traffficking" laws he should go down. Otherwise, not seeing the crime here.

but I'll tear a hunk out of someone with my goddamn teeth if I have to, if anyone ever tries lurching up to me, to do me harm. Its one of the few positives, I've learned, of having one fuck of a hot temper.

You're gonna get your teeth knocked out, on top of whatever other injuries an assailant inflicts, if you try that. Suppose it's good if he/she ends up killing you, cuz their dna will be in your mouth/clothing if you draw blood, but you might be dead, so, kind of a tossup

New I'm a huge weirdo magnet.

Me too...but I think its because I give off the beacon vibe.

Maybe you got the good aura too!

I have to deal with my fair share of perverts...I'm attractive, I'm way nicer to the weirdos. <3
[doublepost=1466888887,1466888380][/doublepost]
You're gonna get your teeth knocked out

But not with out them losing some skin. Biting is effective Jack.

Maybe you got the good aura too!

@lithiumgirl is this a good thing? :p

I think they're drawn to me bc I'm small in stature, look much younger than I am (therefore clueless to the ways of the world, I dunno?!), & faaaar too nice. I don't know how to disentangle myself from too long conversations with co-workers, much less chatty strangers! Haha!

However! Once a dude tried to climb into the window of motel room the motel in which my mum and I were staying, and I reacted instantly and scared him off! My mom sat frozen in her bed until I yelled at her to call the front desk while I called 911. At least I know that I'm able to react in an emergency!

However! Once a dude tried to climb into the window of motel room the motel in which my mum and I were staying,

Good girl.
[doublepost=1467001359,1466993335][/doublepost]
I think they're drawn to me bc I'm small in stature, look much younger than I am

Same.

I don't know how to disentangle myself from too long conversations with co-workers, much less chatty strangers! Haha!

I think I come across as nice but self assured, I went through a

couple years wrecking shit (dealing drugs...using drugs) while I was working through some

grief, when I showed up on the scene everyone thought I was the POLICE.

Back