• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. It's animated which means he can punch through the tops of cars like it's nothing even tho he's 55-ish.
It's pretty good.

Nightcrawler.
This movie isn't dumb but it doesn't give you much to invest in as a movie goer. Neither suspenseful nor really even interesting. It's just kinda meh.
Maybe I'm being to harsh becoz it expects the viewer to suspend their belief way too much. And I guess if you have no clue how police procedure goes or how news stations function then yeah I guess you'd buy it.

images
t This was a really good movie scary and funny at the same time. I watched it on netflix but i was searching for a trailer to post and the entire movie is on youtube so im going to post that below.

I went and saw The Boy on Saturday night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The last 4 PG-13 "Horror" movies I saw were pretty good. The Visit- AWESOME, 5/5. Krampus - kinda goofy but still a solid 3/5. The Forest, Creepy and plenty of jump scares, 4/5. The Boy another 4/5 interesting twist at the end and plenty of jumping and screaming.

So, my daughter and I (she is 10) were discussing this phenomenon and have concluded that often PG-13 horror are better because they are less blood and guts and more psychological. Sure, some R rated horrors are absolute masterpieces and should never be changed even slightly, but it seems to me that these days PG-13 Horror/Thriller movies are really the way to go if you prefer being scared over disgusted.

Crimson Peak. I was disappointed that it wasn't scary. I expected to be scared like in the old horror movies where it's more what you don't see than what you do that gets you. But no. However, I did like it. I'd say rent it though.

Nightcrawler.
This movie isn't dumb but it doesn't give you much to invest in as a movie goer. Neither suspenseful nor really even interesting. It's just kinda meh.
Maybe I'm being to harsh becoz it expects the viewer to suspend their belief way too much. And I guess if you have no clue how police procedure goes or how news stations function then yeah I guess you'd buy it.

Whoa strongly disagree. One of the creepiest movies i've ever seen, tremendous, riveting, engrossing material and characters. Above and beyond the best, most realistic, grounded depiction of a sociopath in movie history as well. Brilliant movie.

I saw the Revenant, it was tremendous.

Last night I watched Locke, with Tom Hardy.

First, Tom Hardy can pretty much do no wrong for me. Second, it was an actual original idea (!!!) as far as I know. Without spoiling it much plot wise for anyone, everything transpires as he's driving in his car. All the other characters are only heard in phone conversations made with his character throughout the movie.

So obviously not a lot of action in the traditional sense, but you see a man- whose life is quickly spiraling out of control- doing everything he can to stay calm and assert himself over the few things he still has the ability to manage.

It's also an excellent depiction of driving a long distance while exhausted. :p

We went and saw Deadpool last night.

It was great fun, very enjoyable. Wish there were more movies that didn't take themselves so seriously!

The last film I watched was an amateur flick. It was pretty dark. I also found that it was very hard to figure out what was going on half of the time which made it thoroughly disappointing right up until the extremely unsatisfying climax.

They should have left the lights on:popcorn:...

Last edited:
Room and it was fucking awesome. My daughter and I were both completely sucked into it the entire time. At the end, she said " I can see why that was nominated for Best Picture." It made us laugh and cry and be scared. It kind of reminded me of Jaycee Duggard.

I saw "Sisters" at a cheap second run theater. It was mildly entertaining/funny but ultimately forgettable. It came out the same time as Star Wars i believe, and i think i'm among only 50 or so people who have actually seen it. No one is missing much.

I heard that movie is really good, I'll have to watch it some time.

Wow, that looks amazing, why have I never heard of it?

It is tremendous. Very interesting/unique mix of the western and horror genres. Takes its time to develop the characters, slow burn type of suspense and horror with an unforgettably nightmarish payoff. Be warned though, one of the most gruesome and sickening death scenes in movie history, the horror aspect is no fuckin joke. I loved it.

Great cast too, one of Kurt Russells most badass performances.

We Need To Talk About Kevin

I very rarely watch a film and still ruminate over the message it is trying to convey. I watched this weeks ago, and I still pick at the pieces of the storyline in the recesses of my brain.

We Need To Talk About Kevin

I very rarely watch a film and still ruminate over the message it is trying to convey. I watched this weeks ago, and I still pick at the pieces of the storyline in the recesses of my brain.

I liked that one. Creeped me out pretty bad.

This weekend I watched Daddy's Home and Mockingjay 2, can anyone guess which was better? LOL

I agree with Jack about "Sisters" but it does have a surprise even if it might be a predictable one. It still had it's funny moments.

Daddy's Home was in about the same category but the ending was hilarious to me. In this movie Mark Wahlberg's character comes to meet his kids' stepdad who is Will Ferrell. Their rivalry becomes a "dad-off" to see which one can outdo the other. It's entertaining enough to be watchable.

We watched Daddy's Home too...the end was pretty funny. <3

The last serious movie I watched was Funny Games...it was in German, no subtitles and I couldn't understand a thing and it was still so fucked up and creepy that I never left my seat.

"Hail, Ceasar".

We love the Coen brothers. But this movie sucked. When the credits started rolling, we looked at each other like "Huh?"

Back