• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
[ddfloat]
2013-08-17_011950.png
[/ddfloat] Welcome to the new forums. I would love to take the time to explain why this forum software is so much better than the old, in both user experience and administration, but I'll let you find out for yourself.

That being said, there are some new things to go along with some of the things you are already familiar with. So if you have any questions, post them here and we will do our best to get them answered. It would probably be a good idea to check out the Help tab at the top for some basic usage\answers, but there will undoubtedly be some questions on other additions like Trophies, how private messaging works, etc.

Also, in something I have wanted to do for a long time, we are giving our Bold members even more perks to go along with the ones they already have. I will go over some of this as it gets fleshed out, but two of the most noticeable things will be the absence of ads for our Bold members, as well as a Workshop forum.

This Workshop forum is a work in progress, but it will be where I will now craft all future articles I post on the front page. This means Bold members will not only see what will be going up for the day before anyone else, they will also see the article as it is created.

If this doesn't interest you in the slightest - maybe this will. The Workshop will also be where you, the members, can create articles for the front page - either as an individual or as a collaborative effort. Anything from news, reviews to top 10 lists. Other sites have been doing this for awhile and I have always entertained the idea. It wasn't until we started using this new forum that it seemed do-able.

We've also brought back some old forums. Cracked Spine Book Club, Crime Screen Theater and Crime Scene Television are back, and for our Bold members, the old NSFW forum crawled back out of its hole.

Anyway, we are very excited with this software and hope you guys enjoy it as much as we have in the short time we have been messing with it.

Last edited:
Oh sweet Lawd 'n' buttah. Are my boobs back on display up in this bitch again? BRB, going to check...

Well, I was able to get one page of Chit Chat then I got an error, now I can't get any threads. I admit I'm not that technically savvy, but it can't be that hard to find threads.

Same here rockin. I was bold on the old forum but here it says I am not. Is this going to be fixed? I sure hope so!

We also have an upgrade coming to the way conversations (private messages) work later today. Adds a whole lot of useful stuff.

Mi-mi-mi-mi-miiiiii!

ETA: Hmmmm. This doesn't look too complicated...... If even I can post and edit without instruction, the new interface is very simple ;-)

Yeah, there is not much of a learning curve to this. Pretty much everything behaves the same as the old.

Morbid the fast Quotes seem to be busted. Distracted me so much I forgot what I was going to respond to

Okay, okay, I'm wandering around blind for the moment but I'll figure it out, I'm smart like that.

Yeah, there is not much of a learning curve to this. Pretty much everything behaves the same as the old.
is there a diff way to post the pics because I cant
everything else is working for me except I cant post them??

@Whisper: There are two ways to put in a picture.

1. In the editor, click the "Image" button
UDqj5M0.jpg
and in the overlay, enter the URL of the picture (listed as "Direct Link for Layouts" on TinyPic).

2. Use the IMG tag to place it ("IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" on TinyPic).

Let me know if you have problems.

Never mind it doesn't take the code in the box anymore
I figured it out
now I have to clean it up lol ty

Okay, I have a question. How do I delete message in my inbox? Unless I'm being an idiot and just not seeing the delete button anywhere.

You do not delete messages, you just leave the conversation. Once no one is in a conversation, the message is deleted.

It seems weird at first, but it's done that way so when multiple users are having a conversation, the same messages are not duplicated for everyone in the conversation by "reply to all" type functions. So if you, me and Dakota where in a conversation, and you eventually left the conversation, then the conversation would disappear from your Inbox - but still remain for me and Dakota. If Dakota and myself eventually left that same conversation, it would be deleted as there is no one left to see it.

Latest posts

Back