• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Looks like the same woman to me....
The FBI's retouched photo also shows a resemblance.

They look precisely like the same woman. However; two things bother me.
50 pound weight difference between the description of the missing woman and the body found.
And, she went missing in October of 2007 but her body was found in March of 2007
????

You can't always go by witness information. Who is the last person who saw her? The boyfriend, or someone who would have a reason to lie? Madeline McCann is still reportably being seen.

Jane Does has stretch marks unknown due to child birth or extreme weight loss.

I've wondered about this case as I have driven through Waller hundreds of times to visit out-laws in the hill country. Waller is a straight shot down Highway 290 from Austin, one of the places Perez was known to be.

OMG! I grew up in Waller, Tx! It's my hometown! It's one of those places so small you never hear or read about it. Nothing happens there. I don't recognize her, but can't stop thinking about this, like someone I know MUST know her!!

Ok, I remember this story on the news, she was found near the road, a farm-to-market road, in the ditch. It was in Prairie View, 5 miles from Waller (but in Waller County). I remember this story WELL! I was upset and calling my family to find out if my sister was ok, she hadn't been seen in about 4 days (typical for her) when this story broke, turns out, my sis = ok. But I had no idea they STILL haven't identified this girl!

Last edited:
I would say pretty identical..Look at how the nostrils are a little different..I mean on both pics look at the right nostril... (actually the lft because its a pic but you know what I mean the right side of the picture here)Also the line after the lip ends on the right side of the lips is the same in both pics...Can you see what I am talking about??

You have to wonder if the cutting the hair and cutting off hands was personal and so as not to be able to identify, or if it was the work of a serial killer who took trophies...I know sorry that was a bit ewwww.. I thought that when I first read about the hands but when I thought about the hair being cut off that sounded like a jealous thing .. I mean a personal thing like someone she knew who wanted to make her look ugly..Maybe I read to much ~shrugs~

I do believe this is the same person. Thinking back and wondering if I might have saw her...you never know they list the city I live in as a possible whereabouts.

Reading the details on how they found her is so terrible...a very horrific ending to her life.

Rest in peace Joann.

I totally think it is the same person! EVen without the hair, the eyebrows, nostirls, etc. match up......what a horrible end for this girl's life.....I hope she can be identified now!

I think it is her. The upper lip and the nose looks a bit swollen in the morgue photo. I can imagine she was fighting for her life. Her hands may have been removed because she scratched her killer. That and no fingerprint id. There is so little info on Joann Perez on her missing page. I would like to know who reported her.

My vote says it is the same person.

Missing hands could denote a criminal record where the finger prints could be traced to her real identity.

Jane Doe found in Waller, Tx (warning: morgue photo)

Good news! I received an email back from the DPS. I had sent out four to various agencies on Sunday.

Thanks for the info. It looks real close. There is a Ranger in route to Gonzales County. How did you find this one. I thought I have looked at all of them.

Brian Taylor

I really hope this woman gets her name back.

"In addition to identifying “Jane Doe,” the unique circumstances of her demise indicate the offender may
have committed this type of crime in the past." -From the FBI report.

Thats scary.

IMO this looks exactly like the missing girl but the eye color is listed as green for Jane Doe and brown for Joann

Jane Doeâ€￾ is described
as white or
Hispanic, approximately 30 years old, 5’4â€￾, 151 lbs., brown hair and green eyes.

I cant copy and paste other description for some reason...Maybe her eyes were hazel and change from brown to green?

Timeline:

I posted this story on October 19th, after searching on the Charley Project for missing women from Texas, trying to match up the Jane Doe photo from the morgue.

I send email to all concerned agencies on October 19th.

I received an email from Sgt. Brian Taylor on October 22nd, saying he thought the photos were close, and a Texas Ranger would be sent from Gonzales County to investigate further.

Oh, dearest UCat, we are doing our best to let the folks at WebSleuths know you are DA BOMB!

You have my eternal gratitude - if that counts for anything.
I want to be just like you when I grow up.

If nothing else, her family has answers. Even if they know not of you, they will still be grateful.

Unamused you are DD's heroes! That has to be her she has a mole above right side of lip. You are AWESOME!

I signed up for WebSleuths using my d'd e-mail address and was approved as a member--thus, I posted to let them know that the original tip came from our cherished UCat and have gotten one very nice reply. (Yeah, I'll be hard to find there--same screen name and same avatar.)

Missing Persons > Jane Doe found in Waller, Tx (warning: morgue photo)

I signed up for WebSleuths using my d'd e-mail address and was approved as a member--thus, I posted to let them know that the original tip came from our cherished UCat and have gotten one very nice reply. (Yeah, I'll be hard to find there--same screen name and same avatar.)

Thanks Lisa. Now don't be getting seduced by the dark side. Oh wait... DD is the dark side. :biggrin:

Jane Doe found in Waller, Tx (warning: morgue photo)

I'm sure they're very nice people there. But I don't do well with restraints.

Unless it's that ball gag...

You'll definitely need a ball gag. You can be one loud bitch. :laughing:

Back