• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera

The tase starts at 2:30
Florida police officer has been placed on administrative leave pending an internal affairs investigation after he fired a stun gun into a 62-year-old woman's back during an arrest in a Tallahassee neighborhood.

[...]

"Based on the video, I have enough concerns to call for an internal investigation," DeLeo said. "

[...]

According to police, the officers were responding to recent complaints from citizens about drug deals in the neighborhood located just a few blocks west of the governor's mansion. The woman, Viola Young, approached one of the police cars parked on the narrow street to inquire about one of the people — two women and a man — who had been arrested.

The officer standing outside the squad car advised the woman to stay back. Police said that's when Officer Terry Mahan approached Young and attempted to take her into custody.

In the video, Young appears to be walking away when the officer uses his stun gun, striking her in the back. She falls face-first to the ground.

Officers surrounded her and eventually helped her to her feet and walked her to a squad car, the video shows

[...]

Police said Young was medically cleared by paramedics and taken to the Leon County Jail.

She was charged with resisting and obstructing an officer without violence, a first-degree misdemeanor.

In his police report, Mahan said that after he told people to stay back she "responded by yelling, 'I just want to know what is going on.'" Mahan said Young refused to leave and he told her she was under arrests. He said she yanked away from him when he attempted to grab her arm.

[...]

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/state/florida-officer-on-leave-after-using-stun-gun-on-woman

Like the guy says in the video "And they wonder why they're hated...". This is horrible enforcement. Did you hear the cop telling one of the arrestees that it was because they couldn't walk on the street? The guy taking the video points out that there are no sidewalks, everyone walks in the street.

Five cars looked like an invasion, increasing the neighborhood's perception of us versus them. Alienating the community you're sworn to serve will get you nowhere. Were it Compton, I would understand 5 cars, but that was an attractive little neighborhood. No trash on the street, no graffiti/tagging, lovely garden across the street. I don't think anyone requesting increased patrols due to possible drug dealing would have expected the result to be 4 folks in jail, three over something like a jaywalking charge.

I think the cops found no drugs on them, and determined to find drugs, arrested them for walking in the street. Care to bet they were subjected to strip and cavity searches?

Arrested for walking in the street?? Wtf is that? Like Jaywalking? (Cuz that IS illegal here in Colorado...) bwhahahahahaaaa

Hope she gets a payday out of this.

Dipshit cops. Do they not know videocameras exist? Seriously is there some problem plaguing our nations police forces where for some bizarre reason members of this profession seriously are unaware video records exist, and not big ones with sound mics like on cops????

That cocky son of a bitch must have no mother. How the fuck do you tase an elderly women who is guilty of fucking Looking!

Sure jaywalking is illegal, but who goes to jail for it?
A couple years ago, someone vid a cop punching a young lady in the face. Her crime? Jaywalking,mouthin off, and resisting arrest. Yep. He cold cocked her. Seattle.

I wish these vids would be mandatory, annual viewing/reviewing for every PD/SD in this country. I've sat in on the ex's Taser training classes, and stun guns, and tasers are NO joke. I agree, I hope she makes fat bank off this. I also hope that dumb SOB is writing checks to her kids/grandkids long after she's gone. OutRAGEous. Literally.

Latest posts

Back