• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man who was attacked and filmed after arranging to meet an under-age girl he befriended on the internet has admitted a charge of grooming.

Andrew O'Neill, 25, believed he was meeting a 14-year-old girl called Alex in Wigan, Greater Manchester.

But when he arrived at the rendezvous, he was beaten by a group of men who filmed the attack before posting it online, Wigan Magistrates' Court heard.

O'Neill, of Skelmersdale, Lancashire, will be sentenced next month.

The court heard detectives were still trying to trace the men who lured him to the town centre attack, in which two of his teeth were knocked out.

Nicola Ormerod, prosecuting, said O'Neill had booked a hotel room and was found in possession of a tube of lubricant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-32379864

The court heard detectives were still trying to trace the men who lured him to the town centre attack, in which two of his teeth were knocked out.

Something tells me the detectives aren't trying terribly hard.

There is another "victim" who avoided the beating, but was subjected to attempts at blackmail. It is at the same link.

Oh, and they will be trying to catch these people, no matter how helpful they have been to Police in getting these would-be rapists to turn themselves in. Sooner or later they are going to go too far with someone who doesn't really qualify for the beating or the blackmail.......

Sooner or later they are going to go too far with someone who doesn't really qualify for the beating or the blackmail.......
I do absolutely agree with that part. It's the truth.

But I'm not upset in the slightest about the "victim" who lost two teeth. Nope, that gives me the warm and fuzzies actually, but I'm twisted like that so...

There is another "victim" who avoided the beating, but was subjected to attempts at blackmail. It is at the same link.

Yeah, didn't read the source article in its entirety.

As vile as these individuals are, even watching To Catch A Predator made me feel uncomfortable. The potential for entrapment and all.

I certainly don't condone vigilante justice. And if they're attempting to blackmail, the betterment of mankind certainly isn't their goal.

Blackmail? Ok. What happens when one of these disgusting perverts gives them whatever they are asking for? Does that mean the pervert get turned back out on to the streets to prey on actual children? I can see if they are turning them over to the police to ensure they are not going to be able to do this again, (at least while they are in prison) but turning them loose is playing the Devil's Advocate. One of these perverts is going to have a weapon on them and show them what a bad idea this was to begin with.

I can see if they are turning them over to the police to ensure they are not going to be able to do this again, (at least while they are in prison) [...]

That is not what they are doing, though. The would-be rapists are going to the police to complain about being beaten up and/or blackmailed themselves.

One of these perverts is going to have a weapon on them and show them what a bad idea this was to begin with.

Unlikely, since this is the UK; but I suppose one of these days they might run into one who has a knife.

...O'Neill had booked a hotel room and was found in possession of a tube of lubricant.

Did this guy have no faith in his foreplay skills? Or did he just want some anal?

Back