• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://cdllife.com/2016/top-truckin...ing-shot-and-run-over-in-walmart-parking-lot/
[....]
The 52 year old truck driver, William Schumacher, had started seasonal work with UPS only four weeks ago, hauling packages between processing hubs.

Schumacher had stopped at an Ithaca Walmart during an overnight shift to buy cigarettes, according to witnesses.

Around 1 a.m. as he made his way back to his truck, a man in a black pickup truck shot him and ran over his body about 200 feet from the store. Said an eyewitness, “A guy was sitting in his truck, and all I heard was a gunshot and looked up, saw the guy fall, and then the guy in the truck backed up, pulled out, ran him over and took off.

The man in the pickup, who would later be identified as Justin Barkley, 38, then fled from the parking lot onto Route 13.

Police attempted to make a felony stop on Barkley’s vehicle, but he opened fire on the officers. Police officers did not return fire and were not injured by the gunfire. After a short chase, Barkley barricaded himself in his home.

After a five hour standoff, police made contact with Barkley via robot and were able to convince him to surrender peacefully.
CzLvqQAWgAMJEnu.jpg

[....]
Barkley had no prior connection to Schumacher.

One witness claimed that it seemed as if Barkley was waiting in his vehicle for Schumacher.

Schumacher is white and was wearing his UPS uniform when he was killed.

Charged with second degree homicide and being held without bail.

Omg. How random is this? It's not even safe for delivery drivers during the holiday season. I can only imagine how distraught his family is right now.

Being a delivery driver you always are watching your back even more so if you run a fixed route. Worst part is most companies will fire you on the spot if you are caught carrying a gun on the job.

My husband is a delivery driver for UPS, has been for 18 years. I worry the most during 'peak' or Christmas season when he works long hours sometimes until 11/12 at night to get all of the crap delivered. Although thankfully he personally has never had a sketchy experience, a few other drivers have been robbed and roughed up. I think that as the wife sitting at home waiting and worrying is the worst. Times are bad and people get desperate over the holidays. Four more years until retirement, four more years of holiday season worry.

My heart goes out to the family of the man who was murdered. He was just trying to make extra money for his family and hoping that this year he would get hired on full time. It is a great job with fantastic benefits. (Lest you get murdered, no benefit at all damn disgrace)

Wtf is up with the shit eating smile on his mugshot?! Crazy! He should be charged with 1st degree murder!!!

Guy just won the "Care for Me For the Rest of My Life" lotto.
Shelter, clothes, 3 squares daily.

Too bad they can't death penalty his ass.

I don't understand how this isn't first degree.

You bring a loaded gun to a parking lot and then shoot someone, that means you planned it out, took aim, and intentionally and with a calm ready mind did the crime.

It's New York, where essentially the only people who get charged with Murder 1 are those who kill first responders or judges.

--Al

Yeah, so this guy has a few screws loose.

When Justin Barkley pulled the trigger on December 8th, he didn't think he was shooting a UPS employee.
He thought he was shooting President-elect Donald Trump. The 38-year-old from Dryden told a judge in Tompkins County court that he believed he was killing Mr. Trump in the parking lot of an Ithaca Walmart.

Barkley has been ordered to undergo a mental evaluation.

His defense lawyer says Barkley pleaded guilty to the indictment, but insisted he had shot and killed Mr. Trump, not 52- year-old William Schumacher.

The judge declined to accept the plea and adjourned the indictment to January 6th, ordering an evaluation to determine if Barkley is competent to stand trial.

Prosecutors say Barkley didn't know Schumacher and officials haven't disclosed a motive.

http://wktv.web.franklyinc.com/stor...ms-to-have-killed-donald-trump-not-ups-driver

Why does it matter who he THOUGHT he was shooting? This shows it was 100% premeditated, he just had the wrong target. Should still be 1st degree.

Fuck this piece of shit and his bullshit "i'm insane, don't throw me in prison!" story.

Violently mentally ill people should be put if god damn cages regardless though. Fucking nonsense.

12/13/2017
636180098687626512-JustinBArkley.jpg

Justin "You look like Trump, I hate Trump" Barkley

Jury selection for the trial of a Dryden man accused of murdering a UPS driver one year ago outside Ithaca's Walmart will start Jan. 8.

Justin Barkley is accused of shooting 52-year-old Candor resident William Schumacher in the parking lot of Walmart, running over him with a truck and then shooting at police officers in December 2016. Barkley was indicted in Tompkins County Court on felony counts of second-degree murder and menacing a police officer or peace officer.

[...]

During an initial court arraignment, Barkley claimed he was trying to kill President-elect Donald Trump.

[...]

Judge John Rowley declared Barkley competent for trial during a court appearance in March.

[...]

http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/...murder-trial-tompkins-county-court/945736001/

Let's wrap this one up:
Published 10:29 a.m. ET Jan. 12, 2018 | Updated 3:47 p.m. ET Jan. 12, 2018

After nearly 15 hours of jury selection, Justin Barkley pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the first degree and menacing a police officer in a court appearance on Thursday afternoon, according to court documents and a statement from the District Attorney's office.

Barkley, of Dryden, will serve up to 25 years in prison.

The plea bargain was struck hours after seating the final jurors for what was expected to be a three-week trial. Once the jury was selected Thursday morning, Tompkins County Judge John Rowley suddenly dismissed the jury until next week, citing "unexpected issues" for the delay.
Barkley pleaded guilty Thursday to killing 52-year-old Candor resident William Schumacher in December 2016 in Ithaca's Walmart parking lot.
Link

A Dryden man was sentenced to 25 years in prison and five years of post-release supervision in Tompkins County Court on Tuesday for killing a Candor man in December 2016.

Justin Barkley pleaded guilty to manslaughter and menacing police on Jan. 12. Barkley admitted he shot and killed 52-year-old Candor resident William Schumacher, a UPS driver, in the Walmart parking lot in Ithaca.

An hour after Barkley was arrested following a standoff with police, he allegedly admitted driving to Walmart and fatally shooting Schumacher in the parking lot, driving over the victim's body, then later firing a "sound shot" from his rifle to keep officers from coming after him.

Following the shooting, Barkley claimed he killed Donald Trump and was psychologically evaluated, according to court documents. After the examinations, Tompkins County Judge John Rowley deemed Barkley competent to stand trial.

According to court transcripts, Barkley claimed he suffered from paranoia from months of LSD abuse, which led to the fatal shooting.

"This was a particularly strange case legally," Rowley said, referring to how Barkley initially tried to plead guilty in an arraignment before a trial was scheduled. "There are no more mysteries in what happened. ... All that's left is William Schumacher was killed. Punishment doesn't relieve loss. It doesn't fulfill loss. It's just part of the process."
Link

--Al

Why does it matter who he THOUGHT he was shooting? This shows it was 100% premeditated, he just had the wrong target. Should still be 1st degree.

Fuck this piece of shit and his bullshit "i'm insane, don't throw me in prison!" story.

Violently mentally ill people should be put if god damn cages regardless though. Fucking nonsense.
Under the prison.

Latest posts

Back