• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

BostonBurns

Insufferable Bastard
Bold Member!
  • David Joseph, 17, was shot and killed by Austin police after 'refusing orders and charging' at an officer
  • Police said Officer Geoffrey Freeman, who is also black, fatally shot Joseph
  • Freeman responded to multiple calls about a naked black male chasing another through an apartment complex Monday morning
  • In-car dashboard cameras failed to capture video of the shooting, but audio of the incident was picked up
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-unarmed-nude-teen-fatally-shot-officer.html
David Joseph, 17, refused orders to stop and charged at the officer, according to Austin police.

Police Chief of Staff Brian Manley says Officer Geoffrey Freeman fatally shot Joseph on Monday when the teen refused orders to stop and charged at the officer.

Police said they received multiple calls of a naked black male acting erratically just before 10.00am Monday.

Manley says Freeman initially responded to a report of one male chasing another through an Austin apartment complex.

When Freeman, who is also black, got to the neighborhood, he could not find any potential suspect.

He cleared the call but stayed in the neighborhood, eventually locating Joseph shortly after 10.30am.

Joseph was naked when Freeman found him and was not in possession of any weapon.

In a verbal statement issued shortly after the shooting, Freeman said that he provided Joseph with an initial set of commands, but that Joseph did not respond to them.

Instead, Freeman said, Joseph charged at him and he fired his handgun.

0hgwm1m.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh fuck. Here we go again. I just read an article on subconscious bias yesterday, either cnn or bbc. In the experiment, LEOS watch a video and have to press one of 2 keys representing shoot, or don't shoot. Even black officers were more likely to shoot an unarmed black suspect.

Ahhh fuck. Here we go again. I just read an article on subconscious bias yesterday, either cnn or bbc. In the experiment, LEOS watch a video and have to press one of 2 keys representing shoot, or don't shoot. Even black officers were more likely to shoot an unarmed black suspect.
Do you think it was the same study referenced in this thread? I'd like more information about this.
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...ause-of-racial-stereotypes.82288/#post-970179

If I was walking down the street and a naked guy was charging me I'd shoot too. I've got a virgin asshole to protect.

@BostonBurns the article I read was about police officers, not children. I can't find it on cnn or the BBC, so it may have been the New York Times, where I've used my 3 free articles for the month.

Back