• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
2wfuxkp.jpg

Officials said the son of a Mentone woman who was found beaten to death on Friday admitted to her death, and said it was the result of a confrontation over his grades in college.

Tyler Blansit, 22, was arrested early Saturday morning for the murder of his mother, Sherry Blansit. Blansit had been found beaten to death behind her home in Mentone.

Sheriff Jimmy Harris said Blansit confessed to killing his mother after they got into an argument over grades.

"Usually we'll have calls where a parent has whipped a child because of grades, a child has run away because of bad grades, but we've never had anything like this happen," Harris said Saturday.

According to the sheriff, Tyler told investigators that he struck Sherry in the head with a baseball bat during the height of their confrontation.

Harris said it appears the mother's death was the result of blunt-force trauma to the head, but that an autopsy will provide further information...

Officials said Tyler is a student at the University of Alabama....

Sheriff Harris confirmed Tyler was the person who called 911 on Friday, alerting them to the scene.

Investigators said they found scratches on Tyler's body when they met him at the scene. He also sported a knot on his head.

Sheriff Harris called the scene "brutal." Experts from Jacksonville State University were called to assist in collecting forensic evidence.

Tyler Blansit is currently in the DeKalb County Jail. Bond has not yet been set.

http://m.myfoxal.com/myfoxal/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:D8yxnRwS

He has the look of a man who knows he's doomed himself to spending the rest of his life in prison. Guess he should have hit the books a little harder.

Wow...flunked out of school. but passed in doing the right thing and calling the police.

Last edited:
If only he could've accepted responsibility for his actions BEFORE he killed her.

:rolleyes: What a shithead :finger: I hope he rots.
... My parents would have been excited if all I did was come home with an F :crack:

September 15, 2017

A Mentone man charged with killing his mother with a baseball bat in May 2015 has entered a guilty plea and was sentenced to a 25-year prison sentence, court records show.

Tyler Blansit, 24, was set to go on trial next week in the death of Sherry Blansit, but court records show a plea agreement was reached Thursday. Blansit was charged with murder and could have faced up to life in prison.

The killing shocked the quiet town of Mentone and DeKalb County Sheriff Jimmy Harris called it “one of the most brutal deaths I’ve ever seen.”

Court filings show the prosecution agreed not to oppose parole for Blansit after he’s served 15 years in prison.

http://whnt.com/2017/09/15/mentone-...erm-for-killing-his-mother-with-baseball-bat/

Depending on his behavior while incarcerated, he could be assigned supervision / probation after release.

Admittedly we only see a narrow window of this person here, under these circumstances, but if he's never been held for a violent crime before, chances are this was a "crime of passion" against his mother and he's not likely to re - offend.

That being said, it might be worthwhile to have him under supervision just to ensure relationship stress isn't a potential trigger. I hope he'll be assigned a therapist so any triggers can be identified and worked on during incarceration.

Depending on his behavior while incarcerated, he could be assigned supervision / probation after release.

Admittedly we only see a narrow window of this person here, under these circumstances, but if he's never been held for a violent crime before, chances are this was a "crime of passion" against his mother and he's not likely to re - offend.

That being said, it might be worthwhile to have him under supervision just to ensure relationship stress isn't a potential trigger. I hope he'll be assigned a therapist so any triggers can be identified and worked on during incarceration.
That's nice and thoughtfully kind of you.

I was hoping he offs himself in prison so we don't have to find out if he will pop again while under some real or imagined stress.

Back