• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Killroy

The D'D Front Page
Clark, WY - Two teens, 19-year-old Stephen Hammer and 18-year-old Tanner Vanpelt, are facing 11 felony counts after police say they killed a woman and her elderly parents in order to steal a car.
According to charging documents, Hammer and Vanpelt went to the home of 40-year-old Ildiko Freitas, who lived their with her husband and her parents, 69-year-old Janos Volgyesi and 70-year-old Hildegard Volgyesi. The teens had intended intent to steal Freitas Audi and flee to Utah, but something went horribly wrong.
Freitas, who knew Hammer from when he once lived in the area, argued with the boys, leading to Vanpelt shooting and killing her. The affidavit alleges Hammer found Hildegard Volgyesi in the basement and shot her. When Vanpelt went into the basement he saw Volgyesi was still alive, and shot her two more times. Vanpelt then encountered Janos Volgyesi in the garage and shot the man twice in the back.
Neighbors reported seeing the teens arrive at the home in a white Taurus, and watched as they entered the front door.…

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

Teens plead guilty in triple slayings in Wyo.

CODY, Wyo. — Two teenagers who gunned down three members of a family at a rural home in northern Wyoming early this year will serve life in prison without the possibility of parole, a district judge ordered Tuesday.
Tanner B. Vanpelt and Stephen F. Hammer, both 19 and both from Cody, cried in court as they apologized for the killings.
Vanpelt and Hammer pleaded guilty to killing Ildiko Freitas, 40, and her parents, 70-year-old Janos Volgyesi and 69-year-old HIldegard Volgyesi.
[,,,,]
Hammer and Vanpelt each pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder at Tuesday’s hearing.

[....]

Park County Attorney Bryan Skoric agreed to seek life sentences instead of the death penalty, with the agreement of law enforcement and Freitas’ family.

Freitas’ husband, John Freitas, and her younger brother, Thomas Volgyesi, each spoke at the sentencing hearing.
“They meant the world to me and your senseless act has ruined my life forever,” Thomas Volgyesi said.
While saying the teens deserved the death penalty, Thomas Volgyesi said it would not bring him any closure. He said he supported a life sentence.
John Freitas said the killings sentenced him to a lifetime of nightmares. “There’s nothing left,” he said.
Vanpelt said there was no explanation for what he did. “But the only thing that I know is that I have to live with it every day,” he said, adding he wished he could take it back.
Hammer also said his actions couldn’t be justified. “I can’t even fathom what I’ve put you and everybody through,” he said, looking toward the family. “I wish more than anything I could take back what I’ve done.”
Defense attorneys said they couldn’t explain their clients’ actions, but said the violence was out of character.
District Court Judge Steven Cranfill accepted the guilty pleas. He said he couldn’t bring back the victims, provide answers or erase what the community had experienced. However, he said he could accept the agreement supported by the victims’ family and sentence Vanpelt and Hammer to life in prison.

Vanpelt received three consecutive sentences of life in prison without the possibility of parole. Hammer received one sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole and two additional life sentences.

Cranfill gave both Hammer and Vanpelt the same final words: “May God have mercy on your soul.”

http://www.azcentral.com/news/...

Sep 17, 2014
Carmen Hammer loves her son – the convicted murderer – despite his obvious faults and problems.

The mother of convicted triple murderer Stephen Hammer asked the state to consider a sentence reduction. Late Wednesday, that request was denied.

“I’m the one who pursued this motion for a sentence reduction,” Carmen said. “He wouldn’t have done it.”
Stephen was convicted, along with Tanner VanPelt, of the March 2013 killing of Ildiko Freitas and her parents, Hildegard and Janos Volgyesi.

For Carmen – this was a double tragedy because Ildiko was a good friend.

“I understand it from the perspective that Ildiko was my good friend,” she said. “And I understand it from the perspective that Stephen is my son.”
While public sentiment has clearly sided against her request, Carmen wants to be clear on what the motion entails.

“If the judge were to grant a sentence reduction, it would still be three life terms, but with the possibility of parole,” she said. “In which case, before the time he becomes eligible for parole, most of the people in the community would either be dead or have moved on.”

“The community shouldn’t be up in arms or fearful of the fact that my son could (one day) be set free,” Carmen said.

Mom goes on to blame Vanpelt for being a negative influence on her little angel.

Tanner is looking for a penpuss
1578370419454.png

One does not simply move on from a murder spree.
Here is my compromise.
Put mumsie McCunt in a cell beside her son.
Leave her there until everyone has moved on from her idiocy.

Dizzy bitch.

Back