• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

BostonBurns

Insufferable Bastard
Bold Member!
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/nypd-officers-shot-bronx-article-1.2520785

Two NYPD officers were shot Thursday night and a suspect was killed at a NYCHA housing complex in the Bronx.

The cops were part of a drug-related investigation at the Melrose Houses, on E. 156th St., near Courtlandt Ave., when one was shot in the torso and the other was hit in the face shortly after encountering two suspects in a stairwell around 8 p.m., officials said.

"I was coming into my building and there were mad gunshots," Kendrick Joseph, 18, told the Daily News. "Pow! Pow! Pow! I don't know how many."
The armed suspect, identified as Malik Chavis, 23, ran into a seventh floor apartment and shot himself, First Deputy Commissioner Benjamin Tucker said from a Lincoln Hospital news conference Thursday night. A semi-automatic handgun and a shotgun were recovered from the apartment, where several other people were at the time of the shooting, Tucker said. Chavis knew someone in the apartment, who let him into the home, police said.
"I just shot a policewoman," the shooter told the four occupants inside the apartment. "I ain't going back to jail."

"Several suspects" are in custody, police said, while both wounded cops were rushed to nearby Lincoln Hospital. The 24-year-old officer who was hit in the torso was undergoing surgery and she is expected to survive, as is her male partner, 29. He was shot through the cheek, sources said.

She was shot just below her bulletproof vest.

More from the Post :

http://nypost.com/2016/02/04/two-cops-hit-by-gunfire-during-shootout-in-the-bronx/

Two police officers were shot and wounded in a Bronx housing project Thursday night by a gunman who fled to a nearby apartment and took his own life.

A female officer was shot in the thigh and a male officer suffered a graze wound to the temple when they encountered the suspect in the Melrose Houses on East 156 Street at around 8 p.m., according to the sources.

“They brought out a guy and one girl cop,” said Kendrick Joseph, 18, resident. “The girl was brought out on a stretcher first. . . They ripped open her pant leg and she was bleeding from there. It was really bloody.”

The two officers were part of a three-officer unit of housing cops doing a routine vertical patrol of a Melrose House when they encountered the suspect and a second man on the sixth floor, sources said.

They asked the men for identification. But the gunmen continued walking up to the 7th floor. Two officers followed.

The suspect turned at some point and fired three rounds at the officers, striking one in the left temple while hitting another in the stomach below her bullet proof vest.
“There were a lot of gunshots,” the witness said. “They went pop pop pop. I lost count of how many shots there were.”
After firing the shots, the suspect fled to an apartment on the seventh floor of the building. While inside, it is believed he then turned his weapon on himself and opened fire.

Last edited:
The ex-con who shot two cops in the stairwell of a Bronx Housing project went there with two other men to buy marijuana — but instead was trying to rob his pals when he was confronted by the officers and two other cops, sources said.

The shooter, Malik Chavis, 23, along with Franklin Salgado, 34, and Darrell Boylan, 27, walked into the Melrose Houses at 320 E. 156th St. about 8 p.m. and took the elevator to the sixth floor, where Chavis announced the stickup.

A woman came out of another elevator, interrupting the robbery, and the three men then ran to a stairwell, where they came face to face with Officers Patrick Espeut, Diara Cruz, Phillip Pena and Antonio Desucre, who were on a routine vertical patrol in the crime-ridden project.

Boylan fled, and cops asked the other two for identification.

Salgado complied, but Chavis said he needed to go to a seventh-floor apartment to get his.
Instead, he climbed to the seventh-floor landing and without warning wheeled around and squeezed off three rounds at the officers, striking Cruz, 24, in the abdomen below her bulletproof vest and Espeut, 29, in the face, with the bullet entering one cheek and exiting through the other, police said.

Espeut and Pena returned fire, but Chavis — who got out of jail in December 2014 on a robbery rap — ran into Apartment 7A.

“I shot that bitch cop. I ain’t going back,” he said to Michael Fagnani, 22, who was inside, according to sources.

He then tried to give Fagnani a shotgun and told him to kill him — but Fagnani refused.

Chavis then ran into another room and shot himself in the head, sources said.

A .32-caliber handgun was found near the body, and the shotgun was also recovered inside the room.
Both officers were rushed to Lincoln Hospital, where Cruz underwent surgery to repair damage to internal organs, possibly including her uterus, sources said. She was in serious but stable condition.

Espeut was expected to be released later Friday.
DyLaDDk.jpg

[doublepost=1454809907,1454723760][/doublepost]
Here's who owned the shop where Bx. cop-shooting gun sold
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/n...-traced-back-nashville-shop-article-1.2522685

Latest posts

Back