• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
/www.yahoo.com/news/two-kids-got-locked-grocery-221010468.html

Two young boys, thought to be 12 and 13, were found in a Sainsbury's superstore around 2 a.m. earlier this week by early-morning workers, East Kilbride News reported.

The kids were found with nearly £300 (around $386) worth of food and booze on them, and a £35 camera and two memory cards were later found missing.

A spokesman told the paper, "Parents were called and the children were picked up and are safe and well. Following further enquiries three items have been reported stolen. Enquiries are ongoing with Sainsbury's."

The sneaky boys apparently hid in the clothing department around the time the store closed at 10 p.m., avoiding security guards and employees closing down the store. A source told the Kilbride paper that by the time the boys were found, they had helped themselves to food, booze, and various other products.

After the incident, the store is stepping up security, with a source telling the local paper, "It's shocking that security guards failed to notice the two boys."

Hopefully all the junk food and booze was worth whatever parental punishment comes their way.

I'm guessing parents who haven't missed their about 12-13yo boys until police bring them home are probably not going to punish them.

Don't all retail stores have motion detectors after close? CVS did when I worked there so I never understand how people get away with this still.

"Hopefully all the junk food and booze was worth whatever parental punishment comes their way."
yeah right...
In this day and age it's not the kids fault, Parents will be blaming the security at Sainbury's for allowing their children to get their hands on liquor. The day's teaching to take accountability for ones own actions are gone.

It's a kid thing :shrug: I've done far worse.
... AND I had a wonderful home life <3 I was just a "curious" individual.
My Father used to say ... " I'm proud of ur fearlessness and independence but it scares me at the same time"
(no one has shot me yet .. so I'm doin fine ;))
.. Lightening!!! ... Yep! That's gonna leave a mark.

Back