• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
She is pregnant so I hope she is putting on a bit of weight.
She and Ebron still face a drug case and she faces yet another with her ex Chris Barton so she is looking at more time.

Hopefully her health fails while pregnant and the baby dies.

I wrote plenty to state prison. I was sure my ex was going to have someone do harm. I told him I was using a friend's address while couch surfing and looking for an affordable place. The first letter he got came from a mailbox place. He never even checked. I told him it was a friend's apartment...it was a p.o. box but a street address and a #123
They won't check. I also bet he is desperate enough for attention he won't pass up mail

I wrote plenty to state prison. I was sure my ex was going to have someone do harm. I told him I was using a friend's address while couch surfing and looking for an affordable place. The first letter he got came from a mailbox place. He never even checked. I told him it was a friend's apartment...it was a p.o. box but a street address and a #123
They won't check. I also bet he is desperate enough for attention he won't pass up mail
What the hell does this mean? Did you just continue a conversation that the last time anyone commented about was over a year ago, just like it just happened?

Well, that ridiculous bump got me to re-read the thread. I bet if poor little Lonzie really did drown in the bath tub, it was because they put him in cold water to revive him. Then had sex and passed out from drugs.
After all, every other baby murdering check box was ticked on this crime, why not the cold water solution ?

If someone could translate that mess, I'd be very appreciative. I've been with this case since the beginning, so if we have more developments or mom got out early, I'd like to know. I usually can read the mess people write, but that was even too much for me.

1595522609938.png

Wednesday marked four years since the death of 21-month-old toddler Lonzie Barton, whose body was found hidden on the Southside.

His disappearance united hundreds of people who waded through retention ponds and searched high and low for any signs of the toddler.

On the early morning of July 24, 2015, at 2:16 a .m., Ruben Ebron, the child's caregiver, told police his car was stolen and that Lonzie Barton was inside the vehicle.

Ebron's car was found abandoned less than a mile away and as the story unfolded, it became apparent there was more to Lonzie Barton's disappearance.

Ebron and Lonzie Barton's mother, Lonna Barton, 26, were living together with the toddler and his 5-year-old sister.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Director Tom Hackney, who was chief of investigations at the time of the case, said the couple was on drugs and having sex in another room while Lonzie Barton was alone in a bathtub.

When the couple returned to the tub, they found the toddler face down in the water, dead.

"[Ebron] said he panicked and staged a kidnapping," State Attorney Angela Corey said in a press conference.

An Amber Alert was sent out and a weeks-long search commenced as hundreds of police officers and volunteers scoured the area searching for Lonzie Barton.

Ten days later, police concluded that the toddler was dead. Over 60 retention ponds were searched across Jacksonville in hopes of finding his body.

Family members believed Ebron was hiding something and repeatedly called for him to give more information about the child's disappearance.

Finally, Ebron admitted to dumping the boy's body in the Bayard area of Jacksonville's Southside. On Jan. 11, 2016, the toddler's boy was found under a stack of tires, police said.

"The Ruben Ebron I saw out there in a jumpsuit, a pair of socks and a pair of slides fighting through ankle-deep water to find that little boy that night -- that was the Ruben Ebron I wanted to see from the first day,” Hackney said.

Ebron and Lonna Barton were arrested in connection to the child's death.

In court, Ebron pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter of a child as well as charges of child neglect, lying to police and tampering with evidence. He was sentenced to 20 years in state prison. He would later be sentenced to an additional five years on drug charges.

Lonna Barton was sentenced to five years in prison for child neglect.

Before handing down the sentence, Circuit Judge Mark Borello told Lonna Barton, "It is clear that your actions and behavior in this case, in no small part, resulted in a death sentence for your son."

She was later sentenced to a total of 12 years due to additional drug charges.

In April 2016, Lonzie Barton was finally laid to rest in a private ceremony.

The toddler was described as a happy blond-haired, blue-eyed baby by family members.

In Feb. 2017, a report from the Duval County Medical Examiner revealed the toddler had suffered abuse, including rib fractures and blunt-force trauma to his ribs and skull near or at his time of death.
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...zzue87Uqaatrm-lVXwkwUCfL9Kbhg0Af0xjqHL0MEkLFs

Last edited:
In court, Ebron pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter of a child as well as charges of child neglect, lying to police and tampering with evidence. He was sentenced to 20 years in state prison. He would later be sentenced to an additional five years on drug charges.

Lonna Barton was sentenced to five years in prison for child neglect.

Before handing down the sentence, Circuit Judge Mark Borello told Lonna Barton, "It is clear that your actions and behavior in this case, in no small part, resulted in a death sentence for your son."

She was later sentenced to a total of 12 years due to additional drug charges.

So if they were in another room having sex then why aggravated manslaughter.
And why his his sentence so much longer than hers?

Edit

Okay. I see why. I missed tbe last paragraph

1686683699135.png

Name:BARTON, LONNA L
Current Release Date: 11/26/2025

Current Prison Sentence History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
07/22/2015 CHILD NEGLECT 03/04/2016DUVAL15073145Y 0M 0D
09/16/2015 SALE MAR.ETC. 1K FT.REL/BS 03/22/2016BAKER15004267Y 0M 0D
09/16/2015 SALE MAR.ETC. 1K FT.REL/BS 03/22/2016BAKER15004267Y 0M 0D
09/16/2015 S/M/D OTH SCH I & II 03/22/2016BAKER15004307Y 0M 0D
09/16/2015 S/M/D OTH SCH I & II 03/22/2016BAKER15004307Y 0M 0D

Mom's penis got twenty years without the possibility of parole for Lonzie's death.

Back