• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Old Story that is currently in the News regarding Clemency for a woman responsible for the death of a child. I will defer to someone else to decide which forum it belongs in.

I am interested in others opinions on whether she has served her time and deserves to be free. Whether she was actually raped or not did she have the right to take the life of her newborn?

On Friday evening, Kerri Brosius stood up in front of the Pennsylvania Board of Pardons and begged for mercy.

The plea was not for herself, but for her mother, Tina Brosius, who has been in prison since Kerri was a child.

Brosius was 18 years old and already the mother of two children in 1994, when she learned she was pregnant again — the result of a date rape. Her father had said if she had another child, he’d put all of them out on the street. She believed him. So, when she gave birth again, she allowed her newborn baby to drown in a portable toilet.

But even after being sentenced to life in prison, Brosius’ connection with her two older daughters remained strong. Kerri told the board about all the milestones her mother had missed — and asked them not to let even more time elapse.

“She has grown into a wonderful and supportive mother, and I think it’s time for her to be free,” she said. “She has paid her debt; 23 years is enough.”

The board agreed: All five members recommended clemency. Now it’s up to Gov. Wolf to grant it — and there’s no deadline for him to do so. But if he does, Brosius will be the first Pennsylvania woman in nearly three decades to win commutation of a life sentence.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...ecades-recommended-for-clemency-20170915.html

Take her reproductive organs out, then we will talk.
Does she understand how to use birth control yet?

That was a particularly gruesome murder.

Oh I would put this in Crimes Against Children.

I don't know, she was young enough to believe her father's threat to put them out. If she believed killing #3 kept #1 & #2 alive, I can see how a dramatic teen might carry this out. Clearly, she has continued a deep and meaningful relationship with her daughters, that is another factor that has me leaning in her favor.

She let her baby drown in shit and piss.... of strangers no less.

I've seen more depraved acts get less time.

All that being said, i can't soften my feelings. Let the bitch stay. She can go right on being supportive the same way she has been. Thru letters, visits and phone calls.

Because she had other choices for that baby. She chose what would be easiest (so she thought) to take care of this little problem.

I get that she was young. But she knew what pregnancy was, after all, she had already gone thru it twice.

So, what we have here is a young woman who at the age of 18 was already the mother of 2 who sometime shortly after the birth of her 3rd child allowed it to suffocate in human excrement and piss.

She pleads her circumstances claiming the infant was the result of rape and the threats of her father to boot her out if she produced another child.

Yet she makes no mention that even with her fathers threat she wasn't practicing birth control and had other options such as terminating the pregnancy or giving the baby up for adoption to name just three.

She picked the human excrement and piss option. Fuck her.

Last edited:
At 18 and a mother twice over she knew better. I wanna say she's served her time so let her go, then I think of that baby lying in the bottom of a port a toidy breathing his last breaths of stranger's bowel movements, I get mad that she did that when she did have other choices. She had at least 7 months to set something up for her baby and she chose the easy way, for her.

I wonder why these women always go the easy route, like I'll just kill him when he's born, no one will ever know and I'll get to live my life and party as regular. How shocked are they when the police show up with the evidence of what they've done? Did they really think their friends and family would have thought less of them for giving a child up for adoption than they would for killing him at birth?

I guess I just want to know their motivation, why they do such stupid and fucked up stuff. But I supposed no one will ever know why.

At 18 and a mother twice over she knew better. ..... She had at least 7 months to set something up for her baby and she chose the easy way, for her.

This, this, this.

The article tries to paint her as an amazing woman who did something monstrous, but deserves clemency because all that happened because she was a child. Because she was date-raped. Because her daddy told her no more children.

Ahhh....NO.

I wouldn't drop a rat in a Port-a-John because the thought is abhorrent to me, and yet she felt justified in drowning her newborn baby in human excrement.

This was her third child. She was ushered into adulthood early, courtesy of motherhood, therefore mature in the ways of pregnancy and birthing well beyond what one would expect of other 18-year old girls. By these experiences she would have complete understanding that this was her baby and it needed her for protection.

At 18, she is a legal adult. She had months to determine her baby's fate and yet she chose a grotesque murder. Given her history and circumstances, I believe she was in a difficult position but she was still competent and understood what she was doing and she did it anyway. Therefore, I believe she was appropriately sentenced to life in prison.

I'm guessing, of course, but if she'd showed her daddy proof that she had arranged for the baby to be taken from her at birth, do you think he would have followed thru on his threat to throw them out? Might have, but most likely not, he most assuredly knew she was pregnant again, and hadn't chunked her out yet, so why not just show him the adoption papers and prove that the baby wouldn't ever live there. I would have had to have tried that before murder. But arranging stuff is hard......

Fuck her her baby died in filth she should also ...
Maybe her daughters will learn from moms mistakes and go teach birth control
Letting her out is wrong period
And a bad example all the way around
Sorry don't cut it for KILLING A BABY

Dec 20, 2018

Tina Brosius, who made a series of catastrophic decisions at age 18 that irrevocably changed her life and ended another in 1994, is getting the second chance that she has long sought.

Gov. Tom Wolf on Thursday approved a commutation of Brosius’s life sentence for causing the death of her infant daughter, making her eligible for parole within the next several weeks.

Wolf’s action followed a required unanimous recommendation from the state Board of Pardons last September, and becomes the latest turn in a story that has lingered in South Central Pennsylvania’s communal memory bank for more than a generation.

Brosius, now 43, was convicted of first-degree murder in 1995 for allowing her newborn baby to drown in a portable toilet on May 7, 1994.

That was accompanied by a mandatory sentence of life in prison, a punishment supporters have long argued was not fair, especially when compared to similar cases in which mothers who killed their children receive far lighter sentences.

At trial, her attorney had argued that Brosius, who had an IQ of 80 and was considered borderline mentally disabled, was scared and panicked. At age 18, she already had two children.

With Thursday’s actions, Brosius will be released from prison to a Community Corrections Center, where by law she must first go for a year.

She will remain on parole for the remainder of her life.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/12/tina-brosius-made-eligible-for-parole.html

Latest posts

Back