• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

DivineRAiN

Leah was just over 1-year-old when police say she was murdered by her mother’s boyfriend.

Timmy Mayle, 26, allegedly told investigators that the baby had "crawled up some stairs and fell back down them."

He was the only person at home with Leah, who emergency responders found unresponsive early March 11. She was pronounced dead the next day.

Every day, David Tucke visits his little girl.

He brings her flowers and pinwheels and thinks back on how her first word was “dada.”

He reminisces about her love for Minnie Mouse and how much she adored the many stuffed animals she would take to bed.

And above all else, he looks back on what a good baby she was.

Those memories are all he has left of Leah-Kaie Tucke, who was laid to rest at Evergreen Memorial Gardens in Canton, Ohio, two months ago.

Photos of the smiley baby adorn her gravestone above the dates “February 23, 2015” and “March 12, 2016,” markers that note just how little time the child had before her life was tragically cut short.

An autopsy revealed the little girl had died from traumatic brain swelling due to blunt force trauma, the Summit County Medical Examiner said.

"The doctor himself said it couldn’t have happened [by accident] unless she fell out of a second story window and fell directly on her head, or unless she got kicked in the head by a horse," David Tucke said. "It’s just kind of hard to talk about."

At only 20 years old, David Tucke shouldn’t have to travel to a cemetery to see his little girl, whose death was totally avoidable, his mother, Angela Tucke, told InsideEdition.com.

"She was a happy little girl," she said. "She couldn’t even walk yet when this happened. She was in our lives up until November. Then her mom wouldn’t let us visit, and always had an excuse. It was always 'no I have this do to, that to do.' I started feeling uneasy about it all."

Angela and David Tucke last saw Leah on November 8. It would be four months and three days until they would see her again, but this time it was in a hospital bed.

"I went from seeing this baby playing with her cousins… to seeing her with a tube in to breathe," she said.

The heartbroken grandmother, 41, said she experiences a range of emotions when she thinks of what happened to her granddaughter, but above all, she says she is furious that no one took action to stop what she believes was months of abuse that her granddaughter suffered at the hands of Mayle.

"I have pictures that his family members have sent me where she had bruises and marks on her," she said. "She had a black eye and a knot on the side of her head."

Angela Tucke said she made numerous calls to the Stark Co. Job & Family Services, which handles child abuse cases in Ohio, to report her fears that Leah was being abused.

"They said they didn’t see anything when they went out there and they dropped it," she said. "She ended up dying. You people could have stepped in, you were there. We weren’t. We weren’t allowed.

"If Leah had been with me and I saw those bruises, she would not have gone back to them."

A spokesman for Stark County Job & Family Services said he was not at liberty to discuss the case due to the ongoing investigation.

David Tucke said he was told that his little girl had a broken arm that was never treated at the time of her death.

She also had injuries to her leg and broken fingers, he said, adding that he was told by investigators that Leah was brought to the emergency room four times from November to February.

"It’s not fair that this — this shouldn’t happen to a baby," Angela Tucke said, choking back tears. “She couldn’t even defend herself.”

The Medical Examiner declined to discuss any further findings than the cause and manner of Leah’s death, citing the ongoing investigation.

"Leah’s mom didn’t even tell us that Leah was taken to the hospital. I was notified by somebody else saying Leah was being brought..."

"When I saw Kayley, I said 'so when were you going to call me?'" David Tucke said, becoming angry as he recalled the interaction. "She said 'I was going to find a way to get ahold of you or your mom.' I said 'No you weren't. You were going to keep it from me like everything else.'"

Leah was pronounced dead on March 12. Nine days later, court officials called the family to notify them that David Tucke had received a court date to be heard on his petition for custody.

"I lost it," Angela Tucke said. "I said 'You're too late!’ They said 'What do you mean?' I screamed, 'She’s dead! You're too late!'"

Mayle, who had been in jail for an unrelated alleged crime, was charged with Leah’s murder on Friday. He faces murder and child endangerment charges and remains in custody on $2 million bond.

Leah’s mother is said to still be with him.

"Kayley is the only one who says this was an accident, that she fell down the stairs," Angela Tucke said. "The doctor said … 'this baby did not die from a fall down the steps. She died from abuse.’ She still defended him. She said 'I don’t have to deal with this bull**** and walked out of the room. A professional doctor just told us that this was what happened and she still stands by his side."

Mayle is said to have proposed to Yoho the day before Leah’s wake, Angela Tucke said, telling InsideEdition.com that Yoho accepted and has been to every court appearance he has had.

"I believe whole-heartedly that she knew what was going on," Angela Tucke said.

Her son agreed, saying: "If she lives with Timmy and Leah's coming up with bruises, how would she not know about it? He must be making up pretty damn good lies."

Yoho has not been charged with a crime. A spokesman for the Canton Police Department said he could not comment if any charges were pending and said the incident is still under investigation.

Neither Yoho nor the attorney representing Mayle has responded to InsideEdition’s requests for comment.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...dly-killed-by-moms-boyfriend-she-couldnt-even

13509096_1167408549957780_789739361575960898_n.jpg

This is so sickening. I had three young sons all one year apart in age. Babies can be frustrating. But, look at that face.How could ANYONE smash that face with so much force that the injuries mimic having fallen out of a building and landing on her head?
And untreated broken bones? Broken bones HURT. Did she have anyone to comfort her through the pain? Was no one worried that she could have had a lifetime disability from those unset bones? OH, wait a minute, there I go, thinking like a mother...like a HUMAN BEING!
BOTH of these pigs should never see the light of day again. That mother HAD to know what was going on. She can keep saying she knew nothing, but we all know that babies (who can't even walk yet) don't have black eyes, broken bones, and marks of abuse on their tiny bodies. She is just as guilty, if you ask me.

You know what? One thing I have learned since joining DreaminDemon, is that should I ever lose my mind and decide to murder a baby - I know for sure, that the whole 'fell down the stairs' excuse just ain't ever gonna wash.

How. Many. Times are we going to hear these idiotic cowardly monsters trot out such ridiculous excuses?

Fucking hell. Make him dig his own grave and lie in it before being shot. He's already cost the world too much, its time to initiate a cost saving measure given that this prick is an utter waste of oxygen and not worth rehabilitation. And park the so-called Mother in the hole with him. I call total BULLSHIT that she wasn't well aware of what was going on.

Broken fingers had to be obvious to mom...it would have affected her noticeably. An untreated broken arm...the same. A pattern of bruising. A smashed skull. Four trips to the emergency room in four months. Definitely a pattern of abuse. This child was in terrible pain. She was crying. She was punished for the hurting the injuries caused. This child was tortured. Her little fingers were probably broken when she reached for something or tried to grab something as one year olds do...and they crushed her hand breaking her fingers. Thats how I suspect that happened. I really feel for the father and grandmother. They were denied access to the little bit of precious time they should have had with Leah before her mother and her DOTM killed her. It makes me sick that she is defending him instead of standing up for her child and demanding justice.

Its even more tragic that dad's custody hearing came too late to save her. Twelve days after she died...so sad. Breaks my heart what this child and family are going through. Mom needs to be charged for failing Leah. For not getting her medical care. RIP Leah. Your dad and grandma loved you and so do we here at the DD.

A Stark County Common Pleas Court jury convicted Timmy L. Mayle, 27, of murder following a trial. He was sentenced to 15 years to life.

The parents of Leah-Kaie Tucke were hoping Timmy L. Mayle would accept responsibility for the girl’s death and maybe explain what happened.

Instead, Mayle sat mum, while his lawyer told Stark County Common Pleas Court Judge Chryssa Hartnett that his client planned to appeal his conviction for murder and child endangering.

A jury convicted Mayle on both counts on Thursday following about four hours of deliberations.

Hartnett sentenced Mayle to 15 years to life in prison.

“It’s sad yet to have another child that was simply failed,” Hartnett told Mayle, after using “horrific” to describe the crime he was convicted of committing.

Jurors determined that Mayle’s actions led to the death of Leah-Kaie Tucke, 1, in March 2016. Mayle shared a house with the girl and her mother, Kayley Yoho.

On March 11, 2016, at about 10:35 a.m. Mayle called 911 and told dispatchers that the child was having trouble breathing. Mayle later told paramedics and police that he was outside and heard a noise in the house. He said he came inside to find Leah-Kaie lying on a stairway landing. He told officials he believed the child fell down the stairs.

The child died several days later.

Mayle, 27, was the person caring for Leah-Kaie the morning she was injured. Her mother had left the house shortly after 8 a.m. to go to work. According to police officers, Mayle told them that Leah-Kaie woke him up after Yoho left. Mayle told police he took a shower, took the child downstairs and left her in the dining room while he went outside with his dogs. While outside Mayle said he heard noise and came inside to find the child was injured.

Medical investigators determined Leah-Kaie had serious head injuries that didn’t match the type of injuries a child would suffer in a fall. Testimony showed Leah-Kaie had been hit on the top of her head a dozen times and the back of her head had been banged several times against a surface. The injuries occurred moments before paramedics were called, investigators determined.

After her death, medical investigators determined she had suffered a variety of other injuries and was recovering from five different fractures, including a skull fracture.

While those injuries showed Leah-Kaie had been a victim of abuse, Mayle’s trial was about the injuries the child suffered that led to her death. Mayle, who didn’t testify, contended through the investigation that Leah-Kaie was hurt falling down the stairs. His defense team implied that the child’s mother might have caused the injuries.

Assistant County Prosecutor Fred Scott said all evidence indicated that Leah-Kaie suffered repetitive head trauma shortly before paramedics were called. Testimony showed that Yoho wasn’t home during that time period.

Meanwhile, the other injuries Leah-Kaie suffered weren’t visible. A bone scan would have been needed to find them, Scott said. Testimony showed Leah-Kaie has been taken to doctors by her mother 16 times over the course of a year and doctors had attributed to child’s crying to teething and other issues.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20170622/update-leah-kaie-tuckes-killer-truly-monster

Last edited:
Jesus fucking christ.
[doublepost=1509312583,1509312506][/doublepost]I have noticed that after, what? 10 years on this site....those 3 fucking words are the most i can muster in a lot of these heartbreaking stories...excuse me while i put off making dinner and go lay down and snuggle with my 1 year old for the rest of her nap!

Back