1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone to take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you tried signing up and were receiving the following message: "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Please retry as this was being caused by an outdated plugin.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox
    Dismiss Notice

Tiahleigh Palmer, 12: Raped By Her Foster Brother, Murdered By Her Foster Dad.

Discussion in 'Crimes Against Children' started by Podargus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Podargus

Podargus Reality Bites

Credit:
    $24,279.92
    [​IMG]

This is such a mess, I don't know where to start. I vaguely remember when this happened, but it's been all quiet until the last few days.

*sigh* I think bullet points .....

• October 30, 2015: Tiahleigh Palmer, 12 is reported missing by her foster parents after being dropped off at school and never being seen again.

• Some confusion about publicly naming foster children causes a 6 day delay in police making a public statement. Tiahleigh's body is found, decomposing on a river bank, that same day.

• At her funeral a few days later, her foster father, Richard Thorburn is among the pall bearers.

• February, 2016 $250K reward offered for information leading to a conviction.

• September 20, 2016 Foster father, Richard Thorburn, arrested and charged with Tiahleigh's murder.

• Foster brother, Trent Thorburn, 19 arrested and charged with incest, perjury, and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

• Foster mother, Julene Thorburn, 54 and son Josh, 20 arrested and also charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice and perjury. Released on bail.

• September, 20 2016 Richard Thornton collapses at Beenleigh police station. Taken to hospital and placed in an induced coma where he remains. Reports of self harm.

• September 21, 2016 Police allege before magistrate that Trent Thornton Facebook messaged a friend, days before Tiahleigh dissapeared, that he'd had sex with her and was afraid she was pregnant.

• Today Reports that Trent has been bashed in jail twice in the week he's been there.
    Links.
    A story from a few weeks after body is found.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-...ent-review-foster-children-palaszczuk/6926882
    Reward offered
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-...d-offered-in-suspected-murder-of-12yo/7168652
    Court appearance
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-...-he-had-got-tiahleigh-palmer-pregnant/7864834
    Overview
    http://www.smh.com.au/national/carr...tiahleigh-palmers-murder-20160921-grkx3f.html
    Jail bashings
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/0128de73ad87cd4b7af8ce9555f47693

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 22
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. Keepalowprofile

Keepalowprofile Chartreuse Bold Member!

Credit:
    $101,522.25
    I don't understand why not rape?

Incest? Really?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. Podargus

Podargus Reality Bites

Credit:
    $24,279.92
    Possibly because they can't prove it? I'm not sure. I'm also surprised to see incest as the charge in a foster situation. Unless she is a blood relative? Idk how those laws work.

One of the articles mentions a statement from Trent's lawyer about the low sentencing his charges would attract, in applying for his bail.

• Thanks Thanks x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Buffettgirl

Buffettgirl Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $62,388.56
    :pout:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Show The Love Show The Love x 1
  5. CLouise

CLouise Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $3,574.28
    I saw the Police/Education minister are feeling some heat for good reason, clearly the police suspected their involvement for sometime.

Tiahleigh Palmer's foster parents continued to operate family day care
    http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/tiahleigh-palmers-foster-parents-continued-to-operate-family-day-care

• Thanks Thanks x 12
  6. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot Always With the Shit..... Bold Member!

Credit:
    $25,885.25
    I just love these worthless fucks who have no problem raping and killing babies suddenly get the vapors once in the hoosegow...

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. mybum62

mybum62 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $18,238.16
    This was not incest. This was rape of a child. He was not her brother. Or step brother. It was an adult who lived in the family home of carers who took Tiahleigh in to provide her with a healthy, safe and loving environment. Despite the girl telling her foster mother...the rapes continued. So sick and twisted that the entire fucked up family was involved with protecting their own rapist son and killer father...than this poor 12 year old girl who only wanted to belong to a family. I hope the whole family goes to prison forever. I doubt the punishment will fit the crime as the UK is notoriously soft on killers. Even child killers. I have to wonder how many other foster children this pretty boy raped. He deserves every beat down he gets in prison.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Keepalowprofile

Credit:
    $101,522.25
    Or childcare children? How many of them did he get his grubby hands on?

This family is the perfect example of people who foster because the money is good.
    I hope they all go to prison.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jessiesgirl1108

Jessiesgirl1108 Chameleon Bold Member!

Credit:
    $11,447.40
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...randma-claims-child-crush-Trent-Thorburn.html

• Thanks Thanks x 9
  10. Freyjacat

Freyjacat Active Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $3,762.66
    Raped a 12 year old (who can't fucking consent! ) because she "treatened to kill your dog"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WOW WHAT A BIG MAN :facepalm:

I just can't with this. He raped a little girl and he should he charged as is. Isn't incest a bullshit charge anyway that amounts to nothing anyway???

And what is this, Australia? The land of protecting child rapists and murderers and not letting citizens know when a molestor is in their hood????!?!?!?!?

This site has given me a bias against Australian law and I ain't even been there.

Already shaking my head and it's not even 10 am here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Show The Love Show The Love x 2
  11. cubby

cubby Live Long and Prosper Bold Member!

Credit:
    $153,904.12
    Their main point is she was asking for it and liked it when she got it, like a 12 year old really has a choice in anything.

Dad was trying to protect his bi-sexual dancer son by killing a 12 year old?

Both of them are such big men.o_O

• Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Muriel Schwenck

Muriel Schwenck Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $48,590.70
    Oh lord, and that poor girl had a crush on it!?
    I can see how she may have been an easy victim.
    And Dad... if you hadn't killed her, none of you would be in jail, your treasure of a bisexual dancer son would be out on bail on sex assault charges.
    What a weird series of horrible choices this sordid family made.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 3
  13. Mata Hari

Mata Hari Dirty Gutter Bitch Bold Member!

Credit:
    $30,121.24
    WTF?

This infuriates me to no end. A 12yr old girl should be allowed to have a crush without A. being raped by said crush and B. Being murdered because of it! "Don't worry son, I'll murder her and then we can just go on about life like nothing happened".... fuck.

• Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DIAFplease

DIAFplease Entitlement Cow Bold Member!

Credit:
    $49,629.84
    Oh, he's a cute little twink, he is going to be so popular in prison for like the 5 minutes he's there.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brenni

Brenni Dismember Bold Member!

Credit:
    $3,525.75
    Literally generations of filth.

Anyone with their DNA needs to be snuffed out.
    Bad blood running through their veins..... Evil

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Edwina Gein

Edwina Gein Active Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $4,532.13
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a 12 year-old can't consent to having sex with a 19 year-old so even if it can't be proved, it's rape, crush or no crush

And if you're upset enough to kill over it, maybe consider killing the rapist instead of the victim... asshole

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Sudonim

Sudonim Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $13,559.44
    In Jessiesgirl's link it said this:

I'm guessing the life penalty from incest is better than what a rape conviction would get

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sue sue

Sue sue !#$###!? Pickles Bold Member!

Credit:
    $63,499.64
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. sarahdownunder

sarahdownunder Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $17,972.19
    Daddy-O attempted suicide in custody when he was arrested, finally. Is awake again now.

The piece of shit twink, raping son has been beaten a few times in jail so far, apparently.

The Cops only moved on the arrests right now because the biological mother started making God damn Facebook posts blaming the foster family.

The biological mother incidentally, who didn't have custody and had her little girl bounce around from once foster family to the next - because she's a fucking jailbird and junkie. She's got a lot of personal accountability in this. Stupid Logan trash. (Not a good area, where they're all from)

Meanwhile, this little girl has had a shit childhood (thanks Mum) and was preyed on by a perverted rapist and murderered by her foster family to keep it quiet.

And no one confessed. It all came down to cold hard evidence.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. CLouise

CLouise Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $3,574.28
    Quite a lot of new information came out this week.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-27/tiahleighs-foster-brother-jailed-over-death-cover-up/8749020
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 27, 2017 ---
    Foster brother jailed over incest, perjury
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-...ster-brother-sentenced-incest-perjury/8944526

• Thanks Thanks x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Keepalowprofile

Credit:
    $101,522.25
    Crazy fucking family.

Poor girl. First she gets raped then instead of getting comfort and protection from the adults that were supposed to protect her, they kill her.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Sejanus

Sejanus Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $27,653.20
    Sickest bloodline around.
    That poor young girl,
    she never had a chance thanks to her junkie scum birth mother.
    This is all on her as well.
    How dare she have righterous indignation.
    Her garbage put that child into the care of sick, sick fucks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Sue sue

Sue sue !#$###!? Pickles Bold Member!

Credit:
    $63,499.64
    Carp sentencing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Sugar Cookie

Sugar Cookie Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $27,875.13
    [​IMG]
    Trent Thorburn-Child Rapist

• Thanks Thanks x 1