• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thatsmallgrl

Tiny Warrior
Bold Member!
147m2f.jpg

Kids love pizza. I did. My nieces and nephews do. Apparently for this three year old, Papa Johns was her pizzeria of choice.

Patrons of Papa Johns in Gainesville, Va got quite a surprise when the little girl walked into the eatery. It was pitch black out. No one could figure out who the child belonged to, so they called 911.

It turns out that the little girl was supposed to be at the Kiddie Academy not too far from the restaurant. The person in charge at the time was Nayoung Park. She obviously didn't notice the girl had gone missing, as the police were able to contact the girls parents and released custody back to them.

Park is being charged with felony child neglect and has been released on bond. Another parent of children at the facility wasn't even aware the incident occurred until interviewed about it by the news.

The Kiddie Academy released the following statement:

"Due to an unfortunate incident where a child left the premises unsupervised during Date Night on Saturday, November 19, Our Director, was placed on indefinite administrative leave from the Kiddie Academy of Gainesville. The academy also self-reported the incident to the state child care licensing body. Because the academy has a policy of open communication, every parent was notified by email about this incident. While the incident was unprecedented at the Kiddie Academy of Gainesville, we take the safety and care of all our students seriously, and we were relieved that the child was safely returned to the parents without harm.

The Directors' tenure here was predicated by all qualifications required by the state, and she exceeded the rigorous standards we keep for our staff. We will cooperate with the investigation following the charges filed against her. The Kiddie Academy of Gainesville will continue to comply with all state and educational licensing standards and requirements, putting the safety of the children in our care at the forefront of all of our activities."

Just to give you an idea where Papa Johns is in relation to Kiddie Academy.

2ihplch.jpg

Which means this girl, at night, crossed the street to get there.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/220891909-story

I have been with a 3yo little boy all day, and at Kroger, you can't take your eyes off of them, you can't even blink.

All that being said, this was her MFing job, she got paid to do nothing but keep an eye on the kids.

Liam was riding in one of those grocery carts with a race car attached to the front of it, so easy for him to just get out when he wanted, after about the 4th time of putting him back in and telling him not to get out again, he turns to me, blinks his eyes and says, "let me kiss you just a little bit", I told him "Boy, I'm a pro, I'm not falling for that." But I did take the kiss, just didn't let him out again, til the next time. LOL

Obviosly children need to be supervised closely and someone should lose their job, but some kids are just little motherfuckers.

That being said, my twins who just turned 3 know to look both ways for cars before crossing the road. It doesn't make them safe to play near the street unsupervised, but unless there was gross negligence I don't think this woman should have her life ruined over the incident.

Fucking kid was fine. Be shocked and angry, but most importantly be thankful the kid was safe. This may not be a good example, but NOBODY can just let an indiscretion go, and that's because they have poor coping mechanisms. EVERYTHING is a bigger deal than it needs to be.

The woman is clearly a blind mental deficient. Hopefully the owners of this daycare faciility are charged for placing the kids in the care of such a person and the mentally handicapped woman isn't punished too severely. She likely didn't know any better.

My kiddo goes to a Kiddie Academy in NH.

The one he is at, any time any of the doors to outside open, you hear a ding. Also the director isnt usually with the kids, she has a nice office at front of the building by the front door, it is staff that are actually in the rooms with the kids. I wonder what the set up in VA is like.

Most Kiddie Academy's are big centers, not small places. The one my kid goes to has I think 8 classrooms.

Latest posts

Back