• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
Cleveland police confirm a 25-year-old woman found dead in her apartment Monday afternoon is the mother of three young children who witnessed their father set fire to himself after the slaying.

The 28-year-old father is suspected of killing the woman before his grisly suicide attempt on U.S. Route 20 in Pittsfield Township in Lorain County. He is in critical condition and under police watch at MetroHealth Medical Center.
After being struck, the man walked back to his car and grabbed a container of gasoline. He drank some of the gas, doused his body and set fire to himself. A motorist put out the flames.

The children, ages 7, 4 and 1, are in the custody of Lorain County Children Services.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/09/cleveland_woman_found_dead_sta.html

I couldn't give a good shit about him, but those poor babies having to witness all that.

Patrolmen said the suspect was westbound with his children on U.S. Route 20 about 11 a.m. when he pulled over, got out of his 2002 Acura TL and walked into the path of a semi.

After being struck, the man walked back to his car and grabbed a container of gasoline.

I had to add that from the origianl link, just so much fail from this suicidal idiot.

Last edited:
While normally I'd join in on mocking a criminal's failed efforts... I would imagine that most of you would wish semi-striking and flame-engulfing at a minimum on wife-killing/child-orphaning shitbags, so in this case, I'd just like to pat him on the back. Really hard. Assuming the burns spread there.

My sister the nurse has worked a burn ward and she says it's the most awful thing you can imagine. The burns have to be debrided; that's removing dead flesh, pus and whatever....regularly. I went with her once when she worked Home Health; she's right, it IS the most awful thing I've ever seen (so far). Asswad is in for some serious, long term pain and, I hope, disability. And LOTS of burn scars.

the poor woman: probably a victim of years of violence and abuse so she decides to leave the brute... and now the poor kids. Way to go, idiot! There are better ways to burn some calories!

Clearly he was meant to stay alive for some unknown reason. Here's hoping the rest of his life is miserable and filled with pain. Lots and lots of pain. Should have jumped off the overpass. That would have done it.

Clearly he was meant to stay alive for some unknown reason. Here's hoping the rest of his life is miserable and filled with pain. Lots and lots of pain. Should have jumped off the overpass. That would have done it.

With his luck he would have comfortably landed on a fully packed hay truck!

2u8x9xl.jpg

[...]
man who stepped into traffic and then set himself on fire in an apparent suicide attempt has been connected to a woman found dead in a Cleveland home
[...]
Hugo Ramos, who was in critical condition at a Cleveland hospital, is a homicide suspect in the death of a 25-year-old woman, Cleveland police said Tuesday. Her name and cause of death have not yet been released. Ramos, 28, told officers where her body could be found.

Officers forced their way into a home shortly before 3 p.m. and found the body.

Ramos pulled his car to the side
[...]
in Lorain County, about 35 miles west of Cleveland, around 10:50 a.m. Monday with three small children inside
[..]
Ramos then stepped in front of a large truck and was struck, authorities said. After that, he managed to get up and retrieve from his car a container filled with what authorities believe was gasoline.

Ramos swallowed some of the gas, poured the remainder on his clothes and set himself on fire as the children sat in the car, investigators said. A bystander rushed over and put out the fire. Ramos was flown to the Cleveland hospital where he was under police guard
[...]
The children, whose ages were not released, were not injured.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/16/hugo-ramos-fire-murder_n_5829056.html?utm_hp_ref=crime
[...]
Cleveland man was flown to MetroHealth Medical Center in critical condition after walking in front of a semitruck and then setting himself on fire
[..]
At 10:49 a.m., the Ohio State Highway Patrol and Wellington Fire Department responded to a call of an individual struck by a semi on U.S. Route 20 in Pittsfield Township near Oberlin
[...]
Upon their arrival, Hughes said he learned that Hugo Ramos, 28, was traveling west on Route 20 in an Acura, with Rhode Island license plates, when he pulled off the side of the road and exited his vehicle.
Upon exiting, Ramos was struck after walking in front of a passing semi which was also traveling west.

He then got up and retrieved a small container of gasoline from his vehicle, ingested some and then poured the rest on his body
[...]
“After consuming part of the container, he attempted to light himself on fire,”
[...]
A passing motorist witnessed the incident and pulled over to help Ramos. The driver of the vehicle extinguished the fire as paramedics arrived on the scene.

Ramos was flown to Cleveland by life flight, and three small children traveling with him were taken to Mercy Allen Hospital in Oberlin by EMS
[...]
http://www.morningjournal.com/gener...ghts-himself-on-fire-on-route-20-near-oberlin

When my aunt was nine, her mom called her and her brother into the room and then fatally shot herself in the head in front of them. I thought that was probably the most fucked-up thing you could do to your kids when I heard about it, but at least she didn't jump in front of a semi and set herself on fire while they watched?

Hit by a semi truck and drank gasoline and set himself on fire and lived to tell... this dude is gonna be the baddest ass in the whole prison...

So let me tell you a story.
I used to work as security in south Florida hospitals. Pre 9/11 so there was only one guard on at a time.
It was my responsibility to be a codes such as Code Blue for respiratory, Code White for baby abduction (I thankfully never had one of those) Code Red for fire... you get the picture.
So, one night Code Blue comes over the radio in emergency room.
A man had thoroughly doused himself in gasoline. And I mean thoroughly. Doused. Drenched.
He never got the chance to light himself. His organs seized up. Someone found him due to the smell. He came in by ambulance. Long story short, (too late.) He died. Most times when you die, your bowels evacuate. Every one knows that, right?
Anyway, the mixture of the gasoline and Code Brown.... well, that's a stench I don't wish anyone to smell. We had to get 4 industrial fans.
Damn, I can still smell it, all these years later.

Did this guy take notes from Wile E. Coyote or what?

I feel bad for those kids. I wonder if they're any relation to the Woman he killed :(

I would be like this guy. If I ever tried to kill myself I would wind up in a wheelchair with spittle hanging down my face gumming my oatmeal with my mind perfectly intact...sometimes its just easier not to commit murder and then try try try again to off yourself.

State will not seek death penalty for Hugo Ramos, charged with killing ex-wife, setting self on fire

CLEVELAND - The State will not seek the death penalty against Hugo Ramos, the man who police said stabbed his ex-wife to death and tried to set himself on fire.

Police said Ramos stabbed Glorimar Ramos-Perez, the mother of his three children, to death in her Newark Avenue home in September and then took their three children with him in the car to Route 20 in Lorain County.
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...ged-with-killing-ex-wife-setting-self-on-fire

I can't get over the "struck by semi" -- I would have thought the pain from that would have made him re- think his desire to die. I've cut my finger with a potato peeler a time or two-- I've definitely changed my mind about cooking

I'm actually happy about this decision. Death is what he wants and he shall not have it.
It's like karma is screaming "you're not getting off that easy! "

Hit by a semi, doused himself with fire and avoided the death penalty. What is he, a cat with 9 lives? Maybe prison will take care of the other 6 lives.

It's so sad they had to witness all that shit,but I'm glad they weren't hurt physically :-(

It's so sad they had to witness all tthan shit,but I'm glad they weren't hurt physically :-(
Agreed! They get to live another day. But those emotional scars will last longer than physical. Hopefully they will be those rare kids that grow up to speak out against DV and not the kind of children so haunted by it they turn to drugs or continue the cycle.

I can't get past the fact that he lived.I hope he's in miserable pain and completely fucked up.

Back