• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
21ne0pt.jpg

4vmed1.jpg

ASPEN, Colo. - A man accused of pushing a snowboarder off an Aspen chairlift has been publicly identified and arrested nearly a month later.

Thirty-one-year-old Thomas Proesel appeared in court Thursday after being treated at a psychiatric hospital in Grand Junction. He was released on $10,000 bond and allowed to go to a psychiatric treatment facility in Tennessee accompanied by his father and uncle.

His lawyer, prominent Denver defense attorney Pamela Mackey, said the facility will notify her if he leaves. She promised to provide the court updates on his treatment.

Police say Proesel pushed Seth Beckton on Jan. 17, causing him to fall about 25 feet into deep snow.

He's charged with felony assault and misdemeanor reckless endangerment, according to court documents.

Authorities identified him early on but The Aspen Times reports they couldn't release his name while he was being treated at the hospital.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...chairlift-pusher-identified-getting-treatment

He pled not guilty by reason of insanity.
ASPEN, Colo. — A 31-year-old man accused ofpushing a snowboarder off a chairlift at Aspen Highlands has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.

Thomas Proesel is accused of assault and reckless endangerment. He entered his plea Monday.

The Aspen Times previously reported that Proesel has spent several weeks in a Grand Junction mental health facility to receive treatment for an undisclosed, but serious, illness. Proesel is from Chicago but has been living in Aspen, the newspaper reported.

Prosel is accused of pushing Seth Beckton off the Loge Peak lift on Jan. 17. Beckton posted about the incident on his Facebook page. Beckton said he fell face-first 20 to 25 feet but landed in a “large pocket of snow” and was not injured.

Beckton said he was pushed after making a comment to the effect of: “To get (chest) deep pow shots you just need to be on your edges.”

“I honestly thought I was dead,” Beckton told the newspaper last month. “Because I didn’t know where we were (within the lift path). It’s not cool to think anyone would do that.”

Beckton, 28, said it happened about 9:30 a.m., but he did not report it until the end of the day. Aspen Skiing Co. and the Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office reviewed video to track down Prosel.
http://kdvr.com/2016/04/21/man-accused-in-aspen-chairlift-push-claims-insanity-in-not-guilty-plea/
[doublepost=1469598867,1461584149][/doublepost]
ASPEN, Colo. (CBS4) – A man who pushed a snowboarder off a chairlift at Aspen Highlands has been found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Thomas Proesel will be in the custody of the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo for the incident that occurred in January.

The snowboarder, Seth Beckton, was uninjured after falling about 25 feet from the chairlift into a pile of fresh powder.

Doctors will evaluate Proesel, and release him when he is found sane.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/07/26/thomas-proesel-aspen-highlands-chairlift-push/

Am I the only one who didn't understand a word of what the victim said in his comment on FB?

Back