• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

gzLTn9R.jpg

Here's the crying piece of shit.

http://sanangelolive.com/news/crime/2015-08-25/da-faces-tough-decision-child-sex-case

A 29-year-old San Angelo man accused of sexually assaulting a toddler was sentenced to 10 years deferred adjudication probation on Tuesday morning, following a plea deal with the state. Thomas Boden was indicted in April this year on one count of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one count of indecency with a child sexual contact. His victim, the indictment alleged, was under 6 years old.

At Tuesday's plea hearing, Assistant District Attorney Jason Ferguson offered a deal that would drop both charges in the indictment in exchange for a guilty plea on another first-degree felony, injury to a child with serious bodily injury. The decision wasn't easy, he said, but was ultimately made out of concern for the consequences and possible outcome of going to trial. “In this case, we were dealing with a child who was 2 years old at the time of the offense, no adult witnesses, but serious injuries," Ferguson said in an email. "When we were looking at our options, my primary concern was for the best interest of the child, including considering what going through the rigors of trial preparation and testimony in front of a jury would be like for a toddler. In addition, I had to consider the very real possibility that if the child was unable to testify, the defendant would simply go home with no consequences."

"One thing that was clear is that this child was injured," Ferguson continued. "While not ideal, this plea allowed us to secure an admission of guilt from the defendant, keep him from contacting with victim or her family, remove any chance of a not guilty, and allowed us to keep an extremely young child from having to tell her story to a group of strangers and be subject to cross examination from a skilled defense attorney."

Th original complaint filed with the case alleged that Boden had been drinking on Jan. 1 when he got into an argument with a woman and the police were called. While the police were dealing with Boden, the woman changed the girl's diaper, where she discovered a large amount of blood. A sexual assault nurse examiner evaluated the injuries, and doctors discovered a laceration “consistent with a recent penetrative trauma...” that they deemed was “…not an accidental injury or one the child would have caused to herself,” the complaint states.

"It was a very difficult decision," Ferguson said. John Young, speaking on behalf of his client, echoed the same sentiment. "It was a difficult decision for Tom to accept a plea offer in the case; but under the circumstances, we came to the conclusion that it would be in his best interest to accept the agreement," Young said. Injury to a child is a "3G" offense, Ferguson explained, and has a punishment range of up to 99 years incarceration. "...if the Defendant is unable to complete his probation, he faces up to 99 years in prison with the harsher parole rules of 3g offenses,” Ferguson said.

Update: Friday, Aug. 28, 12 p.m. Amidst a social media frenzy surrounding the case, prosecuting attorney Jason Ferguson added further clarification on the reasoning behind the decision he made and explained some of the legal aspects of trying a case like the one of Thomas Boden.

"In order for a child to be allowed to testify at a trial in Texas, the Judge must be convinced that the child is able to (1) intelligently observe the events, (2) accurately remember the events, (3) adequately tell the jury about the events, and (4) understand the moral obligation of telling the truth. The only witnesses to this offense were both toddlers – one was 2 and one was 4. The possibility of one or both of these children being unable to testify was extremely high, if not a certainty. If that were to happen, we faced the very real possibility that the Defendant would be found not guilty and simply go home with no consequences. That was something we could not risk. I have worked hard with law enforcement to keep our community safe from violent criminals, prosecuting defendants in trials for murder, shootings, stabbings, and robberies. I do not want to see any violent criminal on the street. I understand the concern in the community about this case. When we considered what we would legally be able to present to a jury, the risk of this man being found not guilty and going free was simply too great. This plea allowed us to secure an admission of guilt from the Defendant, keep him from contacting the victim or her family, remove any chance of him being found not guilty, and allowed us to keep an extremely young child from having to tell her story to a group of strangers, if allowed to testify at all, and be subject to cross examination from a skilled defense attorney."​

http://sanangelolive.com/news/san-angelo/2015-08-31/preparing-protest-justice-annabelle

Kay Hickey was 8 years old when a trusted member robbed her of innocence the moment he started sexually molesting her. For most of her childhood, she lived in fear that this man would kill her and her family because he told her he would do so if she said a word. In fact, when she was 10, the Dallas/Fort Worth native and her family went out to the lake. Her parents had a boat, so they wanted to put it to use. As family members and Hickey jumped off the boat and swam in the lake, this family member went beneath Hickey, pulled her under water, brought her back up and whispered in her ear, “I could kill you, and no one would know I did it.” Hickey’s parents and family members were only 20 feet away.

Today at 50, Hickey has had to relive that pain all over again since reading the story about Annabelle, the two-year-old little girl who was sexually molested by Thomas Boden, a 29-year-old San Angelo man who was sentenced to 10 years deferred adjudication probation last Tuesday.

“All I keep thinking of is this little girl has only lived on this planet for two years, and now, for the rest of her life, she’s going to have to deal with this,” Hickey said. “She’s going to have to think about it. Even at two years old, she’s going to remember it, and that’s not fair.”

Hickey, two other women with similar stories, and approximately 11 other people from different backgrounds, ages, marital and family status joined together at Unidad Park Saturday morning to prepare for the “Justice for Annabelle Protest” scheduled at 10 a.m. at the Tom Green County Courthouse, 112 W. Beauregard Ave. These San Angelo residents said they were overcome with an onslaught of emotions, including anger, disbelief, hurt, pain, sorrow, and more importantly, a sense of injustice since reading Boden is free to walk the streets of their city without being listed on the Sex Offender registry while little Annabelle has to live the rest of her life recovering from what happened to her.

“There’s no justice. It will affect every single thing she does in her life, with or without therapy,” Hickey said. “I read the story over and over again, and got more upset. I’m 50 years old now. To read about another child that I do not know…I’ve never met Annabelle. I’ve never met her mother or her family, but it just brought everything back, and I know that more than likely will happen with her and other victims of sexual assault.”​

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/local-news/protestors-gather-at-courthouse_67255264

People gathered around 8 a.m. to protest a recent plea agreement involving Thomas Boden and Jason Ferguson, assistant district attorney for the 51st Judicial District.

The protesters were made up mostly of women wearing pink holding posters and signs emblazoned with messages such as “Justice for Annabelle,” “No excuse for rape or violence” and “This will never be ok.”

The protest was peaceful, starting with speech from Karla Payne, executive director for the Concho Valley Rape Crisis Center. As the protest continued, one mother came up to the mike and spoke bluntly about the case and denouncing Tom Green policing authorities. This sparked a line of people speaking angrily about the case as well.​

Disgusting, and the rationale behind the "deal of the century" is equally as disgusting.

I get not wanting to make a child testify but he should carry the sex offender label for life, pleading to a basic abuse charge with the sexual component sensitized is a severe injustice to the victim.

Surely they were able to get DNA from the child since it was discovered while a nurse was in attendance and I'm assuming very quickly after the fact? If not, why not.

I do understand the problems that stem from trying to understand what a two year is saying, it's very likely she's not really verbal at all, so I get that, but i don't get why he wasn't charged with something harsher. We can always hope he's not able to complete his probation and then he's jailed for 99 years.

San Angelo Non-Profit Protests Plea Deal

8674213_G.jpg

Thomas Boden (29) - DOB 08/08/1986
TOM GREEN COUNTY, TX) - A San Angelo non-profit is taking a stand against a decision reached in a Tom County courtroom on Tuesday.

The Concho Valley Rape Crisis Center will be staging a protest at the Tom Green County Courthouse at 9:30 a.m. Monday morning.

They hope to join members of the public who are enraged after a man accused of sexually assaulting a child pleaded down to a lesser crime and now walks the streets as a free man.

Thomas Boden, 29, was arrested and charged for Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child in February of this year for a crime that happened just one month before.

He was released from jail after posting a $30,000 bond and didn't appear in court again until he was indicted by a Grand Jury in April for the Aggravated Sexual Assault charge and another - Indecency with a Child, Sexual Assault.

Boden's case never went to trial. He appeared in front of a jury one final time on Monday to take a plea deal. He pleaded guilty to one count of Serious Bodily Injury to a Child and was sentenced to serve ten years of probation for the crime. Boden was also ordered to pay a $2,500 fine and complete 320 hours of community service, but he is not behind bars, and those taking part in the protest feel justice has not been served.

Press Release: Concho Valley Rape Crisis Center
The Concho Valley Rape Crisis Center vehemently disagrees with the Thomas Boden plea agreement for an aggravated sexual assault of a 2 year old girl

Date: Monday, August 31, 2015

Time: 9:30 am (Justice for Annabelle Protest organized by victim’s family begins at 10 am)

Location: Tom Green County Courthouse, 112 West Beauregard Ave., San Angelo, TX 76903

Contacts: Karla Payne, Executive Director, Concho Valley Rape Crisis Center – 325-655-2000, 325-234-9067, kpayne@cv-rcc.org

Rose Luna – TAASA Communications Program Director – 512-659-8065 – rluna@taasa.org

San Angelo, Texas – In April of this year, a grand jury indicted Thomas Boden on one count of second degree indecency with a child by contact and a first degree aggravated sexual assault of a child. The trial was set for October of this year. Last Tuesday, August 25th, Boden was unexpectedly released with a plea deal resulting in 10 years deferred adjudication probation. “We are tired of seeing sex offenders go unpunished. We would rather see them tried in a courtroom and let a jury decide.” says Karla Payne, Executive Director of the Concho Valley Rape Crisis Center (CVRCC). “There seems to have been enough physical evidence in this case for them to prosecute even without the child’s testimony”

Child sexual assault cases rely on the collaboration of a variety of entities including the child advocacy center, rape crisis center, district attorney’s office, and law enforcement. “Disagreements are a part of the process.” says Rose Luna, Director of Communications at the Texas Association Against Sexual Assault, “And in this case we strongly disagree with the plea deal and the lack of communication with the family.” Child sexual assault cases strike the heart of society. The outcome of this case has certainly made its way through San Angelo as a protest supporting the young victim is scheduled for 10 am today.

Sexual assault is a highly misunderstood crime in our society. According to a study released this month by the Institute of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (IDVSA) at the School of Social Work at UT Austin, 6.3 million Texans have been sexually assaulted at some point in their lifetime with only 9% reporting their assault to law enforcement.

The Concho Valley Rape Crisis Center provides a safe haven for victims of sexual violence and is available to provide trainings to partner agencies and the community. The CVRCC also works toward social change in and around San Angelo, TX.

Busch-Armendariz, N.B., Olaya, D., Kerwick, M., Wachter, K. & Sulley C. (2015). Health and wellbeing: Texas statewide sexual assault prevalence. The University of Texas at Austin, Institute on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault: Austin, Texas

Download Full Press Release

More on the story...

Protest Planned After 2-Year-Old Sexually Assaulted
If Boden successfully serves 10 years of probation, the charge will be taken off his record. Boden will not have to register as a sex offender as a result of his plea bargain.

If Boden successfully serves 10 years of probation, the charge will be taken off his record. Boden will not have to register as a sex offender as a result of his plea bargain.

THATS BULLSHIT!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is he fucking the Judge or just sucking his dick on the side :eek:

That is totally sad for the little one. I hope they are able to get the verdict overturned or at least register him as a sex offender. If they are waiting until he breaches his probation wouldn't that mean him abusing another child? Is that what they are really saying? "You're good as long as for the next ten years you don't do it again"

If they are waiting until he breaches his probation wouldn't that mean him abusing another child?
Not necessarily. Alcohol and drug use violate, in some areas even driving offenses can violate you. Um, not working in some areas can be a violation. Not checking in with your PO, not informing them of an address change.

Basically, there are numerous things that can violate one's probation but sadly, most gets many, many chances before they violate them. I've seen as many as 63 violations before probation was revoked. I've also seen a person get 1 violation and be revoked so basically it's a crap-shoot. But even with a violation there is no guarantee that he'd go to jail, some people violate and end up with probation again, and again.

What the actual f*** did I just read? I understand the prosecutor not wanting the victim to testify, but there was physical evidence..... UGH. How does the DA's office live with themselves?

This reminds me of the story where a mother lit her daughter's rapist on fire and went to jail. (I think I read that here.) When someone from Annabelle's family does something to him, they will have a longer sentence than he did. There is no justice in this world. :rage:

I guess Ferguson was more concerned with his win/loss record rather than justice for Annabelle...:(

2c29803.jpg

ADA Jason Ferguson - Source

I don't get how this was the deal, not even a sex offender? What the fuck?

THe rationale is the prosecutor was worried he'd walk away with no punishment if they couldn't get the kids to testify, but that's what this amounted to anyways. Probation isn't punishment. What the fuck!?

The state of texas doesn't care about the well being of children, this is now an undeniable fact.

The mother's story here.

In that story Ashley Springer say' she wants to tell us the whole story. Ashley say's she has three children. Can any one find "HER" two year old that was assaulted.

And can any one guess why the prosecutor said he would have a hard time getting the two children on the stand.

Edited out wrong fb links. - Subrosa

Last edited by a moderator:
September 1, 2015

Court Lets CONVICTED Child Rapist Who Left 2-Year-Old In A Pool of Blood Walk Free
Protesters have taken to the streets outside of the court house in San Angelo, Texas after a local prosecutor’s plea deal let a convicted child rapist home without serving any jail time, or even requiring him to register as a sex offender.

You read that right, he was convicted of raping a 2-year-old and leaving her in a pool of her own blood. But that didn’t matter to the courts who let this convicted child rapist walk free, NO JAIL TIME and he doesn’t even have to register as a sex offender!

Brittany Lynn Rosser explained in a Facebook post last week, that her boyfriend, Thomas Boden, 29, was drunk and apparently suicidal and homicidal after raping her daughter.

She explains that he attempted to force her to crash the vehicle that she was driving, saying simply that they both “need to die.”

She got home, by the time two police officers had arrived to respond to the call about the attempted crash and general abusiveness of Boden, her daughter came out screaming, “My butt, my butt!”

So Rosser, “laid her down and opened her diaper to find an enormous amount of blood and a clear vaginal tear.”

Then, she recalls, she “asked Annabelle what happened and she said, ‘Tom hurt me with his hand.’ I ran outside screaming and crying, pushed past several cops and asked Thomas if he touched my daughter. He didn’t say a word, but had a slight grin on his face.”

Rosser says that both her 4-year-old daughter and the hospital confirmed the attack. The 4-year-old had actually witnessed it.

“She told me Tom held Annabelle down on the floor holding a shirt over her face while she was screaming and ‘cut’ her private area with his hands,” Rosser explained. “Later I searched the house and found another diaper and TONS of bloody wipes in the trash along with empty beer cans. All was taken into evidence with Thomas’ DNA all over it. He never even tried to hide the evidence.”

Boden was actually convicted in this attack, but he was offered a ridiculous plea deal that reduced his charge from Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child. As a result, he only faces 10 years probation. He will not be required to register as a sex offender even with the plea conviction.

Assistant District Attorney Jason Ferguson issued a statement in response to protests that erupted from members of the community, saying that prosecutors did what was in “the best interest of the child”.

“In this case, we were dealing with a child who was 2 years old at the time of the offense, no adult witnesses, but serious injuries,” Ferguson tried to justify. “When we were looking at our options, my primary concern was for the best interest of the child, including considering what going through the rigors of trial preparation and testimony in front of a jury would be like for a toddler.”

He went on to say that, “The only witnesses to this offense were both toddlers – one was 2 and one was 4. The possibility of one or both of these children being unable to testify was extremely high, if not a certainty. If that were to happen, we faced the very real possibility that the Defendant would be found Not Guilty and simply go home with no consequences. That was something we could not risk.”

The community isn’t having it. Protesters gathered who could quickly be heard screaming “Justice system has failed us” and “It should not hurt to be a child.”

Now, many in the community are calling for Ferguson’s resignation. (Here’s the LINK to the petition).

Kassia Jaramillo said in an interview with the San Angelo Standard-Times that “ten years’ probation is a slap on the wrist.”

“This is a broader issue about how our society views sexual violence,” Rose Luna, the spokesperson for the Texas Association Against Sexual Assault (TAASA) said to protesters on Monday.

“Once you hear that, it absolutely makes your heart skip a bit. It makes you pause,” Luna said. “It makes you say, ‘Here we are in 2015, in a highly civilized society, yet we have no grand jury indictment of a child sexual assault on a 2-year-old child.’”

“We have high incidents of sexual assault cases, a low reporting rate, and when they do make it to the justice system, they’re pled out,” she added. “This is not just a law enforcement issue, but rather a society issue.”

Ashley Springer, the victim’s aunt, said that district attorney never asked the family what they thought about the insulting plea deal.

“We were not contacted about it. We weren’t asked how we wanted this to be done,” Springer explained. “If it was their daughter, it wouldn’t have been done like this.”

Found on YouTube...
Why Is This Man Getting No Jail Time for Child Rape Charges?

In that story Ashley Springer say' she wants to tell us the whole story. Ashley say's she has three children. Can any one find "HER" two
And can any one guess why the prosecutor said he would have a hard time getting the two children on the stand.

This is actually the mother's FB, the one you linked is just the woman who linked the mother's story.

Last edited by a moderator:
And here is the rapist's FB. (Just found it going through the pictures and finding him tagged. Pretty sure that's Annabelle on his cover with him. Talk about sick.)

This ladies and gentlemen, is what we call karma!

January 12, 2017

On Monday night, Jan. 9, LIVE! reported on a major crash involving a 1990 Honda motorcycle and a 2015 Infinity SUV at the intersection of Knickerbocker and Red Bluff Roads. This afternoon, San Angelo Police identified the motorcycle driver, who suffered serious injury, as 30-year-old Thomas Boden.

Boden, in 2015, sparked city-wide outrage, and gained state-wide attention. In a complaint filed on Jan. 1, 2015, Boden, who was reportedly drinking, got into a fight with his then girlfriend, Brittany Lynn Rosser, and police were called. As police dealt with Boden, Rosser changed her 2-year-old daughter's diaper. At that point, Rosser found a large amount of blood in the child's diaper.

After the plea deal, Boden escaped the public eye, until this week.

On Monday, at 6:22 p.m., the driver of the 2015 Infinity failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign, and Boden's motorcycle collided with the driver's side of the SUV. Because of the severity of Boden's injuries, SAPD Traffic Investigator Stephen Quade was called out, said Public Information Officer Tracy Gonzalez.

Gonzalez re-confirmed that the SUV was traveling eastbound on Red Bluff Road, and Boden was southbound on Knickerbocker Rd. on the inside lane. The two collided when the SUV's driver pulled out in front of Boden's motorcycle in an attempt to make a left turn. The driver of the SUV suffered no injuries, but Boden went to Shannon Medical Center with serious life-threatening injuries. For our initial story with more details, click here.

Citations are still pending because it was a major crash, Gonzalez said.

http://sanangelolive.com/news/crime...days-motorcycle-crash-identified-thomas-boden

My wish - that is was NOT immediate "lights out" for this scum! I hope he felt and continues to feel every broken bone, every fracture, bruise and rupture.
You can bet your ass the 2 year old he raped, till she BLED, experienced severe pain. The sensation of being ripped internally and rupturing blood vessels in and around the genital area is excruciating, and for a 2 year old I'm sure the pain is amplified.
This piece of dog shit deserves as much pain and heart ache as he gave and continues to give this little girl and her family just by his mere presence.

This type of crime isn't a accident or can it be written off as a crime of circumstance, like a drug addict writes off a theft. This was purposeful, this was cruel and savage.
I, for one, could care less if they all of a sudden have a shortage of pain medication at the hospital he's in. Also, I would understand if the attending physician deems it nessesary to amputate his penis due to the trauma or the accident. (Hint hint)

As for the family and child, I am so sorry that the system failed you. I can only pray that the victim, as time goes by and being that she was only 2 when this occurred, does not have a detailed recollection of this nightmare. And/or the details become so foggy that she is able to put this behind her in a healthy way and live her life as a strong woman.

They are hoping he'll get his just desserts from other inmates.
Sad thing Is some Stupid prisons will actually separate these prisoners from the general public with in !"
I dont know about the one he is going to
I have read and watched documentary s on this very subject. They house them with their own kind .. Yep so they can talk about all the horrible nasty things they have done
Thanks to the human rights activists .
They say ( not me ) they have rights from being in fear of there lives

Just hope they make a mistake and put him in the general population

Human Rights Activists need to be shoot for reasons like this .
Hail to the Death Penalty ..to these pieces of human Shit

The possibility of one or both of these children being unable to testify was extremely high, if not a certainty. If that were to happen, we faced the very real possibility that the Defendant would be found Not Guilty

He makes it seem that it's mandatory that the victim testifies, makes me wonder how all these prosecuting attorneys obtain guilty verdicts in murder trials where the victim is dead and absolutely cannot testify.

In this case where the victim and witness is basically non verbal, they should treat the case just like they treat a murder case, gather the evidence as if they have no witness or victim to testify. Just because they both were too young to testify does not mean they do not deserve the same justice of a murdered person.

The actions of this DA just defies logic unless there is something here that none of us knows about.

And Yeah KARMA, BABY!

Back