• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Sounded familiar but couldn't find it here.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/23/rocky-allen-vacation-prison-punishment/
Former surgical technologist Rocky Allen broke a judge’s trust when he took a vacation with family on his way to an Oregon prison to begin serving a 6 1/2-year sentence for stealing powerful painkillers from Swedish Medical Center in Englewood.
20160422__rocky_allen-144p11.jpg

[....]
On Nov. 7, Moore sentenced Allen to 6 1/2 years in prison and allowed him to self report to the Oregon prison to begin his sentence. But when Allen asked if he could visit his family in Idaho before reporting to prison, the judge denied the request.

On Thursday, Allen, dressed in a tan prison jump suit, told Moore, “I honestly didn’t know I couldn’t go through Idaho … I agree I went against the order of the court and I should be punished for that but I had no intent to be malicious.”
[....]
“What you told me is a load of crap,” Moore said. “That is pathetic, a lie and ridiculous …You are going to sell that nonsense to me?”

Allen, who repeatedly stole fentanyl from Swedish patients, didn’t show up to the Federal Correctional Institution in Sheridan, Ore., on Nov. 23 as planned, according to a federal court record. On Dec. 2, Allen’s probation officer called the prison and learned that Allen wasn’t there. He then called Allen, who confessed that he was at his sister’s house in Idaho visiting family against Moore’s order, court records say.

“What he wanted to do was to have a little vacation before he went to prison … Every single day you stayed out it was a new violation of the court order. Every single day,” said Moore, who raised his voice. “There is a brashness. There is a boldness to violating a court order.”
[....]
Allen pleaded guilty in July to a two-count drug theft indictment related to his theft of a syringe in January while on the job at Swedish.

Allen was court-martialed in 2011 while enlisted in the Navy and stationed at a hospital in Kandahar, Afghanistan, after he admitted to stealing vials of fentanyl. He was fired from at least five health care facilities in California, Arizona and Washington before Swedish hired him in August 2015.

Allen was able to continue to find jobs in the health care field by lying about his addiction, drug thefts and work history, prosecutors said in court filings. Swedish fired him after he was caught swapping out a saline syringe to steal a fentanyl syringe from the hospital.

Dude needs to get his life together.
Love the judge in this one though...sounds like a real pisser!

The guy voluntarily went to Idaho though...fricking Idaho.
After that I don't think prison will be much of a bummer for him after being in the land
where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Scary how easy it is for criminals to get jobs in healthcare. Luckily this guy is just a worthless drug addict and not a violent offender. Clearly these mecical centers/hospitals/providers aren't doing a good job checking up on people.

What sort of background checks do these fools conduct? At any rate, all persons in the health-care industry should be screened for drugs on a monthly basis. Those who fail, should be de-certified and forced from the profession IN ALL STATES.

It's not like they don't know it's been going on since day one, because it was a problem when my mother was an LVN back in the 60's. The technology exists today, so there's no excuse. You'd think they would want to limit their liability.

Back