• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman in Northern Georgia has been arrested and charged with leaving her 4-year-old son in the car near meth and drug equipment while burglarizing a house, authorities said.

Theresa Jean Bice, 39, faces four felony counts, including for burglary, and for possession of drug-related objects, methamphetamine and tools for committing a crime, officials told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Authorities said officers found her son asleep near several bags of meth, a digital scale, and glass smoking paraphernalia, the newspaper reported.

The District Attorney’s Office will likely add child neglect charges when the case is fully reviewed, the Forsyth County News reported.

Officials were unsure how long Bice was in the house, but found a basket of DVDs and children’s toys inside, the report said.

A deputy apprehended Bice as she was leaving the house in Cumming, a city in North Central Georgia, officials told the Journal-Constitution.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/1...while-burglarizing-house-authorities-say.html

1513315642076.jpg

OMG! And nobody knew she was on meth? Really? Unless she had absolutely no relatives at all, someone knew and left that baby with her.

Lock them all up!

but found a basket of DVDs and children’s toys inside, the report said.

You guys are judgemental assholes! She was just playing Santa and getting gifts for underprivileged kids - her own!

On a related note, just think how fast Santa could deliver all his presents if he gave his reindeer meth!
finger2.gif

Wow, did she ever go downhill!

Serious question...what would inspire anyone to even start taking meth? I get that it's addictive once you start, but why would you start?

Wow, did she ever go downhill!

Serious question...what would inspire anyone to even start taking meth? I get that it's addictive once you start, but why would you start?
In my boyfriend's case he wanted to die. He really thought meth would kill him off. Instead he ended up with a ten year meth habit and fucked up teeth. And then he had a heart attack a week after he quit- cold turkey.

In my boyfriend's case he wanted to die. He really thought meth would kill him off. Instead he ended up with a ten year meth habit and fucked up teeth. And then he had a heart attack a week after he quit- cold turkey.

Wow, I'm so sorry. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, I'm so sorry. Thanks for sharing.
He's been clean 11 years now.And he learned a lot from the experience. He spends a lot of time trying to get through to other meth addicts- just on a personal level of course,no professional training.

She must have thought it was Take Your Child to Work Day. Never too early to get them interested in a profession. :penguin:

I often wonder this as well, and not just with meth. Why do seemingly intelligent people even start down that road? It isn't as if how easy it is to get addicted is a secret.

I'm no prude, and have sampled a good number of drugs in my life, including cocaine and opium (both of which I was super cautious with), but I would never, ever have even tried heroin, crack or meth. When you know the chance of addiction is so very high, why even take that first hit?

I often wonder this as well, and not just with meth. Why do seemingly intelligent people even start down that road? It isn't as if how easy it is to get addicted is a secret.

I'm no prude, and have sampled a good number of drugs in my life, including cocaine and opium (both of which I was super cautious with), but I would never, ever have even tried heroin, crack or meth. When you know the chance of addiction is so very high, why even take that first hit?

It's not quite so simple. Some people have a genetic predisposition to certain addictions. Some people can drink like a fish and not get addicted, 10% become alcoholics. Hopefully in the future genetic testing of the embryo can identify it so you know not to start drinking, drugging, gambling, whatever. I have friends who don't drink or drink very lightly because alcoholism runs in their family. I found out too late that alcoholism runs deep in the generations of my family. Fortunately I was able to quit and not relapse *crosses fingers*.

Now if you know you carry the addiction gene and still choose to use, that's a whole nother kettle of worms.

So far as I know, there are no addiction issues on either side of my family, yet I was still cautious when using any substance that large numbers of people in general have become addicted to, because the very idea of being controlled by some substance was horrifying to me. I imagine I would have been even more cautious if I had addiction issues in my family and had seen first hand the trouble it causes.

Last edited:
why would you start?
Any number of reasons.

Weight loss, for one. Many of the amphetamine class of medications were prescribed as anorexants -- appetite suppressants -- for a long time. Sometimes they still are, but not often, so somebody who feels a need for this characteristic starts using meth.

The need to work long hours is another. Truck drivers used to be notorious for their consumption of various amphetamines. A truck stop today will have massive coffee urns, for much the same reason -- a little boost to get down the road on.

The need to get lots done in a short period of time is another. Stimulants improve focus and increase energy, and this can help with those tasks; similarly, the enhanced focus aids in performing the necessary tasks instead of aimless tasks.

Some research is ongoing on the role of amphetamines in treating recalcitrant depression -- that that does not respond to SSRIs or MAOIs. Somebody who is down and can't get back up may well try a little speed to see if it helps.

Peer pressure is another reas -- rather, an excuse.

But amphetamines, including methamphetamine, don't increase the supply of neurotransmitters; instead, they merely catalyze their release. Having done so, the user now needs more of the drug to release what's left. And, eventually, the user runs out of neurotransmitters. The next thing that happens is the wheels figuratively fall off the user's life.

--Al

Back