• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
The disappearance of a man last seen a year ago is now being treated as a murder case, it has emerged.

Chris May, 28, was last seen at his home in Kelvedon, Essex, on 25 May 2015.

His Volkswagen Golf was found abandoned about 10 miles away in the village of Fairstead.

Essex Police has now confirmed the case is no longer being treated as a missing person inquiry but as an unsolved homicide case.

The fact the case had been reclassified from a missing person case to an "unsolved homicide" case only emerged after the BBC found the case listed in a Freedom of Information request response from a member of the public.

It shows the case was being treated as a homicide as far back as February - though police made no announcement of that fact.

The reclassification from missing person to murder investigation was withheld from the public as part of the investigation, the force said.

Det Ch Insp Marina Ericson said Mr May was a drug user and dealt in ecstasy, cocaine and mephedrone.

"There is a strong likelihood that Chris' involvement with drugs is linked to his death," she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-36248166

I would imagine being involved in any level of street drugs would escalate the chances of nefarious activity.

I'm interested in this freedom of information request. It would seem like reporters would be able to get more information about crimes than is usually released in the UK.

Maybe it's because this is an active investigation, and no arrest has been made?

Uncertain why the FOI request was made. Someone must have suspected there had been a change in the treatment of the case.

Drug dealer missing....like I care. I mean if he was my local friendly weed guy I might care.

but this guy?

Back