• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
This story is just all kinds of WTF? Details are still emerging.

142ro9e.jpg

It has been claimed a Victorian family who fled their home in a bizarre 1500km road trip, may be suffering from a rare form of shared delusional schizophrenia.

Mark and Jacoba Tromp, along with their three adult children: Riana, Ella and Mitchell, left their Yarra Ranges home for Jenolan Caves in NSW on Monday, without phones, credit cards or forms of identification.

It’s been reported Mark Tromp, 51, feared someone was out to kill his family, however police have since claimed the family were never in danger.

Bizarre Tromp case: Daughter found 'catatonic' in stranger's car

Mr Tromp remains missing, after he bolted from a car which the family were travelling in.

The desperate search for the Victorian father has reached its fifth day.

Authorities have been searching for Mark Tromp since Tuesday, after the family was reported missing and police found their Silvan home unlocked and abandoned.

Jacoba, 53, was placed under psychiatric care in Goulburn along with daughter Riana, who was found in a “catatonic state” on Tuesday.

Riana, the youngest daughter, was reportedly found dazed and hiding in the back of a stranger’s car in country NSW.

The Goulburn Post reported she had been suffering from stress when her brother and sister fronted media on Thursday.

It’s reported the male driver received the surprise of his life when he discovered Riana, 29, in the car.

Police claim Riana and sister Ella, 22, had stolen a car from the Jenolan Caves and driven it to Goulburn.

The Post reported Riana entered Mr Whittaker’s ute there and Ella kept driving.

By Tuesday morning, Mitchell left the group near Bathurst and made his way to Melbourne via Sydney.

Jacoba was found on Thursday in a Yass hospital and has since been transferred to Goulburn hospital where Riana is also being treated.

Police say both women are in a fragile mental state.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3252224...ental-illness-before-bizarre-road-trip/#page1
Officers reportedly found “piles and piles” of documents stacked throughout the home as well as passports for every family member alongside credit cards.

“The piles were very ordered and they were clearly looking for something,” one officer told the paper.

Monbulk Police Sergeant Mark Knight, who is leading the search for Mark Tromp and knows the family personally, says the Tromps are not drug users or members of a church or cult. He said the family is not in debt and there is no standover man lurking in the shadows.

Sergeant Knight said when he checked their home after the first reports of Riana being found near Goulburn, the house was open and keys were in car ignitions, but there was no sign of any struggle.

“This is just a massive meltdown, I’m sure of it,” he told the Canberra Times. “Something triggered them.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/is-...x/news-story/7b349973f3af4588002f9b21bce007d6

My mind can't grasp this.

Is it a case where a couple of the family members suffered from ME and convinced the others that some catastrophic event was near to happen?

There's a video interview with the brother and youngest sister at this link. It explains a bit more.

Mitchell said he felt responsible to flee with his family.

'I didn't feel in danger. But I had to go with the family because I wanted to see where they were going,' he said.

Asked why he left them shortly into the trip, Mitchell said he'd had enough but regretted the decision to head back home.

Ella said she needed to return to their berry farm to feed her horses.

The 22-year-old said their other sister Riana was on the mend and hoped she could be released from mental health care soon so the family could reunite and 'go back to normal'.

Jacoba remains at the same mental health facility in Goulburn.

Ella said she, just like the public, is still confused about the series of events.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rely-fleeing-home-Victoria.html#ixzz4JICYOUta

As far as I know, it hasn't been established how Jacoba got to Yass from Wangaratta. About 220 miles.

This is like a Sci fi story where people are,affected by a mysterious spore. I'm sure the Conspiracy Community is working overtime on this right now.
When I first heard about this I wondered if they'd been affected by some chemical they used on their crops or some seasonal mold that caused a perfect storm of crazy in their brain.

Wow....a movie will be made of this story. I understand the son that left them's reasoning for going along with the family because he was confused and trying to figure out what was going on himself....but why he didn't call for help when he realized how delusional his parents became is beyond me. Why the daughter didn't call for help either. She was more concerned about her horses than her parents and sister. How does this happen to so many in one family at one time??? Was it something they unknowingly ingested? How bizarre.

This happens to me every single family gathering. We have Irish Catholics and Irish Protestants and some Jewish family and every single person has at least 30-60 kids. Every single event ends the same way, we drive home and I have to say "yes mom, I know some of your sisters married Protestants" "Yes mom I know they are northerners" "No mom the Protestants were not talking about you" and it always ends with my mom saying "I hope you never talk like a Northerner" I try to keep her happy by leaving every party without a northern Ireland accent, I just go ahead and keep the Illinois one I was born with.

So every ride home is like a shared hallucination about how the Protestants are out to get us because they didnt even say thank you to my mom for bringing potato salad, cause thats how they all areo_O

Update: Father found http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...omp-speaks-family-s-bizarre-holiday-time.html
'I apologise and hope to return to a normal life': Runaway father Mark Tromp breaks his silence...

•Mark, Jacoba, Ella, Mitchell and Riana Tromp fled their home on Monday
•Mark was found on Saturday, four days after he was reported missing
•The father had grown paranoid someone was after the Victorian family
•There are suggestions the family may have suffered group delusions

A 'paranoid' father who encouraged his family to flee their hometown sparking an interstate man hunt and has apologised for the 'hurt and concern' he caused during the five-day ordeal, which saw his youngest daughter charged with theft.

Mark Tromp encouraged his family - including wife Jacoba, 53, son Mitchell, 25, and daughter's Riana, 29, and Ella, 22 - to leave their farm in Silvan, east of Melbourne, on Monday when he became overwhelmed with fear their lives were in danger.

The 51-year-old was found wandering the streets near Wangaratta Airport five days later, after becoming separated from the rest of his family, but did not reveal the circumstances that led to the bizarre road trip when he spoke out on Tuesday
The link below provides many links in the sad saga of the Tromp family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=tromp+family

Last edited:
There was a law and order criminal intent episode on a shared delusion. They all believed they had a baby. It is an odd phenomena but it does happen

anyone remember some female twins from like sweden or some shit, who had both ran out onto a freeway after a bizarre series of events and were seriously injured? this story reminds me of them. super weird
[doublepost=1516146738,1516146532][/doublepost]aww snap. these people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_and_Sabina_Eriksson
[doublepost=1516146836][/doublepost]oh shit thats right, the sisters ended up killing a dude!! how could i forget?

anyone remember some female twins from like sweden or some shit, who had both ran out onto a freeway after a bizarre series of events and were seriously injured? this story reminds me of them. super weird
[doublepost=1516146738,1516146532][/doublepost]aww snap. these people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_and_Sabina_Eriksson
[doublepost=1516146836][/doublepost]oh shit thats right, the sisters ended up killing a dude!! how could i forget?
Worst looking Scandanavian twin females ever!
Had high hopes with those names.
They should change their names to Gretal and ReGretal

that's actually really good!
but how good looking can a woman named ursula be?
I give you Ursula Andress.
1st Bond girl in Dr.No she designed her own bikini and was
part of most young mens spank banks well into the 1980's.

Admittedly time has taken its toll on her,
but it is the fire in which all are consumed.

I give you Ursula Andress.
1st Bond girl in Dr.No she designed her own bikini and was
part of most young mens spank banks well into the 1980's.

Admittedly time has taken its toll on her,
but it is the fire in which all are consumed.

Ursula looks old...because she is. And still lovely.

And you are correct; it happens to us all.

Ursula still looks better than Meg Ryan, Kim KardASSian, or Courteney Cox. Because when you fuck with your face it always ends up weird, not youthful.

ETA: Sophia Loren is just....idk. That woman is fucking gorgeous STILL. As is Helen Mirren.

Ursula looks old...because she is. And still lovely.

And you are correct; it happens to us all.

Ursula still looks better than Meg Ryan, Kim KardASSian, or Courteney Cox. Because when you fuck with your face it always ends up weird, not youthful.

ETA: Sophia Loren is just....idk. That woman is fucking gorgeous STILL. As is Helen Mirren.
I have to disagree. Sophia Loren hasn't been decent looking for 40 years. Ursula? Her face never seemed quite right to me.

I think Meg Ryan was awesome in the late '80s thru early '90s, but when she went downhill, she went downhill quickly.

I've never thought Elizabeth Taylor looked good. Same with Barbara Streisand and Cher.

Most beautiful famous women (in my opinion, in no particular order): Helen Hunt, Jodie Foster, Vanessa Williams, Julie Ormond, Angelina Jolie, Gal Gadot, Anne Hathaway, Tyra Banks, Olivia Munn, Jane Seymour, Grace Kelly, Raquel Welch, Brigitte Bardot, Marine Vacth, Robin Wright, Dorothy Dandridge and Thylane Blondeau (those lips!)

and probably the best ever?? Audrey Hepburn.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. Sophia Loren hasn't been decent looking for 40 years. Ursula? Her face never seemed quite right to me.

I think Meg Ryan was awesome in the late '80s thru early '90s, but when she went downhill, she went downhill quickly.

I've never thought Elizabeth Taylor looked good. Same with Barbara Streisand and Cher.

Most beautiful famous women (in my opinion, in no particular order): Helen Hunt, Jodie Foster, Vanessa Williams, Julie Ormond, Angelina Jolie, Gal Gadot, Anne Hathaway, Tyra Banks, Olivia Munn, Jane Seymour, Raquel Welch, Brigitte Bardot, Marine Vacth, Robin Wright, Dorothy Dandridge and Thylane Blondeau (those lips!)

and probably the best ever?? Audrey Hepburn.

I would agree but for Brigitte....she aged....not well. But I give her credit for not muppetizing her damned face. She just aged badly.

Oh! And Angelina Jolie's soul makes her ugly to me.
[doublepost=1516329770,1516329564][/doublepost]
34yvd79.jpg

Yeah...I see how Ursula is not quite right.....

Monica Bellucci
Sharon Stone 25 years ago
Helen Mirren anytime
Denise Richards pre Charlie Sheen Peen
Scarlett Johansson
Elizabeth Olsen
Kat Dennings and her hydromatic pontoons
Karen Giilan
Jenna Coleman
Thandie Newton
Lady Gaga when not gear up in freaky outfits
Halle Berry pre break down