• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

biteme

The Rev, Molon labe
who da thought

Forget alligators, snakes and bears - the most dangerous animal in all of America is the humble DEER, with cows and horses not far behind
But it's the deer that are deadliest, killing 120 people a year, on average - compared to just one person a year each for bears, alligators and sharks, and 0.23 people a year for rattlesnakes.

Why? Well despite the frightening antlers and mighty hooves that deer sport, the deaths aren't due to gorings or stampedes.

In fact, they are due to accidents such as vehicle collisions, as the started creatures skitter out in front of cars.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3806557/The-dangerous-animal-America-DEER.html

I've lived in rural Georgia all my life I've only ever hit 2 deer, a baby deer and a monster that got up and ran away.

I'm always careful, especially in places I know there are deer likely to be in the road. It's because I know if I see one there is usually between one and 15 more standing where you can't see them. They also love to run off into the woods and then back into the road just when you think they're gone, that's how I ran over the baby, I thought he was gone but he ran back out into the road.

Also it always helps to keep the high beams on, when you can, in high deer areas.

I had a deer run out of the woods and run right into the side of my truck.
$1600. In damages.

Then I slid into one on an icy road.
No damages, the deer got knocked over then got up and ran.

There was one standing right in the middle of the road mesmerized by my headlights. I drove right up to it and honked. It clobbered the hood of my car and ran off. $400.00 in damages.

I loaned my jeep 4 times to a boyfriend I had. He hit a deer 2 times out of the 4.
He managed to wreck my car 50% of the times he drove it.

I'm all for deer hunting! If we didn't cull the population, accidents and deaths would be a lot more.

And here I was thinking the most dangerous animal in all of America is the pit bull! :nana:

Naaah! The most dangerous animal is the Striped Skunk:nailbiting:! If you see one, RUN:eek:! Their ammo of course is the hideous Mercaptan:dead:....It can't be scrubbed off, scraped off or anything else:jawdrop:.

The smell is ghastly:wtf:, and you can't wash it off:grumpy:, even with bleach it sinks into the pores:sour:. You will be a pariah because that smell could stun a bull Moose:yuck:, and it lingers...for weeks:meh:. Skunk victims lead a lonely life and have to work from home:arghh:.

My husband had one come barreling out of the woods straight into the driver's door of his truck, turn a flip and kept running, he said he almost wrecked because it scared him so bad.

My niece and her boyfriend had one try to jump over the car, land on the windshield, fall thru the broken window and then it crapped all over them as it died still stuck in the windshield.

Driving slower on lonely country roads would probably help a whole lot, too. Got more time to react to the presence of the deer.

Naaah! The most dangerous animal is the Striped Skunk:nailbiting:! If you see one, RUN:eek:! Their ammo of course is the hideous Mercaptan:dead:....It can't be scrubbed off, scraped off or anything else:jawdrop:.

The smell is ghastly:wtf:, and you can't wash it off:grumpy:, even with bleach it sinks into the pores:sour:. You will be a pariah because that smell could stun a bull Moose:yuck:, and it lingers...for weeks:meh:. Skunk victims lead a lonely life and have to work from home:arghh:.
Fabreeze can counter act skunk spray stink. The real stuff works way better than the knock offs.

Latest posts

Back