• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Near Death Experiences

• They really happen, people do go to the other side

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • You're dead, Jim. NDS are nothing more than brain shutting down

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
"The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" actually never went. Alex Malarkey, a young boy who co-authored a book with his father about going to heaven and returning to earth first published in 2010, wrote an open letter to Christian publishers retracting his story.

According to the book's Amazon page, "When Alex awoke from a coma two months later, he had an incredible story to share. Of events at the accident scene and in the hospital while he was unconscious. Of the angels who took him through the gates of Heaven itself. And, most amazing of all ... of meeting and talking with Jesus."

The letter that Alex, who is now 16, wrote to publishers says he made the whole thing up: "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...eaven-recants-everything-2015-1#ixzz3Ozu2sO9O

Hilarious. If anyone was stupid enough to buy it it serves them right lol. When he talks about people making a profit from it, does he mean his dad?

I think I'm idealistic enough to think we do go "somewhere" rather it's another plane or whatever. But I never believed this because he was 6 and he was in a coma, and I just imagined he had dreamed wonderful things while he was unconscious.

There's a boy in Scotland who people say has lived before. I was a wee weird child too though, doesn't mean I've had a previous life lol. Stop encouraging it and he'll stop making it up fs.

Never said what?
PT Barnum is often cited as stating "there's a sucker born every minute," when actuality there is no known reference he ever said that. In reality, no one knows who first said it. Some claim the quote was from con-man Joseph ("Paper Collar Joe") Bessimer, while others say it was David Hannum who was referencing Barnum and one of his fake exhibits.

Back