• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabe...vy-wife-found-dead-two-years-after-vanishing/

Officials have identified a body pulled from the San Diego bay two months ago as Elizabeth Sullivan, a 31-year-old Navy wife and mother of two who had vanished two years before from her Point Loma home, reports CBS San Diego.

Police say they believe the woman was a murder victim, but are releasing few details.

Sullivan’s body was found in the water Oct. 6, and homicide detectives have since launched an investigation into her death, San Diego police say. Police have notified Sullivan’s husband and family.

Sullivan went missing on the night of Oct. 13, 2014, and was last heard from via text. Her phone was later shut off. San Diego police’s missing persons unit investigated, but weren’t able to locate her.

In the years since, her family has reportedly hired a private investigator and used social media and fliers to spread the word about her disappearance. But in an October 2015 statement, they said the investigator had no leads and the case had gone “completely cold.”

The body was reportedly severely decomposed and it took several months to identify the remains. The body was found just a few blocks from Sullivan’s home.

Police have not released a cause of death or why they suspect the woman was murdered, the station reports.

“Our goal is to solve this case, and it’s only a small part in our effort to figure out what happened, but being able to (tell the family) — at least there’s a bit of closure,” said San Diego police Lt. Mike Holden told the San Diego Union Tribune.

Police reportedly haven’t identified any suspects

This is a strange one. I'm pretty sure she hasn't been floating in the ocean for 2 years, there'd be nothing left of her to collect. Someone put her there recently. Possibly she's been kept somewhere, in a freezer, for example, and then dumped when they thought the heat was off.

I wonder if they have a suspect in mind? Angry husband or former ex? Batshit crazy in laws?
Too strange.

what in the world, i wonder, would a body look like when its that decomposed? (and in case anyone wants to be all twisted and post a pic, i could deal w a far away view or something lightly blurred.)

Latest posts

Back