• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
That money thing Bold members are seeing on their profiles is a new cash system we are checking out. And, no, it's not real cash. Well, it kinda is - but it can only be spent on the forums. I will be adding some things as we go, but I need to let it run a bit to see how much members actually "earn" in a week. The cash is paid from almost every function you use on the forums - from logging in daily, replying, liking a post, and creating threads (also the one that pays the most). I'll get a full list of actions (and their payout) posted later today.

We may also add a couple of games - including a Stock Exchange and Sports Betting.

As for what you can do with the cash - not much at the moment as we just got it working. But if you look at the top, there is now a Store link. In there, as time goes on, there will be things you can buy such as Name\Title Changes, Name Styling, Buying Bold Memberships, Buying Extra Permissions, Bumping\Stickying Threads, etc, etc. In the future, you will also be able buy a couple of merchandise items.

Also, you can transfer cash to other members as well as buy items from the store and gift them to other members.

Why we are doing this should be obvious. It fosters activity and it will give members the ability to do some things (like upgrading their memberships) without spending real money they may not have. In turn, this may help me out with more members, which equals more Bolds. The donation thing isn't going to work, so we will be bringing back ads once I find someone I wan to partner with. But I will get to that bit later. I always try to be transparent with you guys, so I'll explain more about the ads once I get more information.

Like I said, we are simply testing it out at the moment (and why it is only for Bold members at the moment). Once we get a handle on it, we will start adding more things to the store. So consider this a beta - while anything you may purchase while in beta you will keep, the totals may be reset to 0 for everyone when we allow everyone to use it.

I'm sorry the donations thing isn't working as hoped, man. I did what I could. I thought more money would have been raised because of our enthusiastic crowd. I might be able to eke out a few more dollars come next payday.

Last edited:
You're an evil genius Morbid. I wasn't sure how the 'buying' things would work when you mentioned it before, but I can see people wanting to earn credits and use this system you've created. It's very clever! And no doubt a big headache to figure out, so thanks for that.

I want to buy a Podcast. I will work hard to earn enough!

I'm sorry the donations thing isn't working as hoped, man. I did what I could. I thought more money would have been raised among our enthusiastic crowd. I might be able to eke out a few more dollars come next payday.

It's a tough sell, to be honest. Also, I hate begging. Other sites that use donations or Patreon have no issues advertising it every other day... I just can't. So hopefully this, along with bringing back ads, will find that sweet spot to where the site is covered and I get a few extra bucks to spend on other site stuff. I'll leave the Patreon thing up, but save donations for emergencies.
[doublepost=1451917052,1451916943][/doublepost]Oh yeah, I know it is alerting you every time you get some credit, which will undoubtedly become aggravating over time, but I can control that... I just wanted to see how it all worked before I started turning some of the alerting off.

I like this. I was freaking out a lil when I seen I had $0.00 and others had actual numbers. I thought I'd missed something big. Or that you were stalking my bank account or something and decided to out me in my poor status. Yup, the numbers matched. Go figure. Lol. But beings you just posted this I'm happy to know many probably have nothing in their bankroll. Thanks. The store sounds great and can't wait.

I think it's ingenious. My paycheck is irregular due to the specific nature of my work, but donating hasn't left my budget plans once one of my larger payments is scheduled to come around. This site means a great deal to so many of us, and your efforts do not go unappreciated.

hi if this cashy cow system is supposed to be for bold members only the code needs to b rechecked because i'm getting credits

I haven't checked over everything regarding permissions, but I think everyone gets credits, but only Bold members can spend them on anything at the moment. I think.

To clarify: the way I think it will work is that all registered members get credits - but Bold members will be the only ones able to buy forum perks and use their credits for any of the games we implement. Registered users will be able to buy Bold Memberships only - which will then open up everything else. That's the plan, at least. I still got a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
Wait, we're earning credits and then you're gonna zero our accts.!?! :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: Isn't that against Child Labor Laws or something...? :greedy: = :dead: ...o_O :hilarious:

Isn't that against Child Labor Laws or something...?
He's in the clear. Child labor laws refer only to chronological age, there we are all over 18, now if it measured our maturity levels instead, well, there would probably be a few violations.

:nana:

He's in the clear. Child labor laws refer only to chronological age, there we are all over 18, now if it measured our maturity levels instead, well, there would probably be a few violations.

:nana:

Lol. I've been aging backwards since my 29th birthday, so I'm only going to be like five on my next birthday. :smuggrin:

Morbid, I'm glad you're out of the slammer and (marginally) clean and sober enough to post something that actually make sense! Now all you need to do is find Jesus (I didn't know he was missing).
I want the following items in your store:

D'D tshirt:)
D'D coffee cup:D
Big poster of Morbid in a Speedo smoking a joint:crack:
Ditto all the ladies of D'D (also in Speedos) swigging Tequila:hungover:
Nekid pics of the "hunks of D'D":woot:
Gaudy jewelry :playful:
Adult "toys" that glow in the dark:facepalm:
Vouchers for bail:greedy:
BOOKS! All filled with tard defenders
Pics of all my man whores! Nekid.
Many pics of me with the logo "Oh Gawd, it's HER! Grammer Nazi at 12 o'clock! <---- (that's funny) Run! Hide!

I have many more suggestions:rolleyes:, but I don't want to explode your drug-addled brain:confused: (such as it is).
No, no, don't thank me; you deserve my wit and wisdom.:kiss: <---- that should scare you!

D'D tshirt
D'D coffee cup

How about being able to buy some new emojies?

All of these are things we are looking at. For physical merchandise, I need to do the math as it would defeat the purpose if people were using these credits and the cups\shirts were coming out of my pocket and no profit was being made at all. So I need to figure out the credit to real cash ratio, as well as how much we would need to charge in credits vs real cash. In other words, if a shirt costs $20 - how much is that in forum credits? Fuck if I know at this point.

@Morbid, Im thinking we need to use the cash for non-tangible items.

When this new system supports the site we can all give each other high fives. Way later, When you are rolling in surplus money, You can offer merchandise for free/earned without members spending real US dollars. I know everyone loves the idea of Tshirts and coffee mugs but realistically, I don't see how the site can fund those... Just yet.

@Morbid, Im thinking we need to use the cash for non-tangible items.

When this new system supports the site we can all give each other high fives. Way later, When you are rolling in surplus money, You can offer merchandise for free/earned without members spending real US dollars. I know everyone loves the idea of Tshirts and coffee mugs but realistically, I don't see how the site can fund those... Just yet.

Well, they don't cost me anything at all if I use dropship companies like Zazzle or Spreadshirt. I just design them and then get a very small percentage of the sale. If I were actually buying the mugs and the shirts, then selling them with a markup - yeah, that's something I can't do right now (although that is the way I would rather do it).

So if I can put a tangible monetary value to credits, then sending someone a mug or shirt through one of those companies wouldn't be hard to do. But, again, that all depends on if I can actually pinpoint what wrth credits are to actually cash. Which, admittedly, may turn out to be impossible.

Full frontal rod...full frontal. I want to see how my man whores "measure up". Now get out there and HO like a boss! I'm STILL out of "arthritis medicine". I would detail the suffering and pain I bravely endure.
Oh goddam! the dog just farted in my lap. Oh GAWD gimme some air freshener! My nose hairs caught fire and my eyes are watering. Damn Chichooahooah.

I like how it shows how much everyone has in their respective wallets underneath their avatars, so we know who to corner in a dark alley and mug.

Good thinking, Morbid.

I haven't checked over everything regarding permissions, but I think everyone gets credits, but only Bold members can spend them on anything at the moment. I think.

To clarify: the way I think it will work is that all registered members get credits - but Bold members will be the only ones able to buy forum perks and use their credits for any of the games we implement. Registered users will be able to buy Bold Memberships only - which will then open up everything else. That's the plan, at least. I still got a lot of work to do.
Being able to repurchase my bold is perfect for me. Thanks for everything you do Morbid.

This is the best idea ever!! I say we start weekly poker games and try to take everyones 'cash'!!

Bwa-ha-ha! All this money I'm supposedly earning is making me mad with power! It feels like I'm actually accomplishing something while goofing off at work!!

I missed the bus on earning major moola for doing nothing. I have $2.00. Will that buy me a sticker or some DD boobie earnings or something?

Well, DIAF I think they're in hiding.:shifty: They do it every damn time:banghead:! How can I put their pics on Craig's List when they keep hiding in their kennels:mad:? I made Jack Burton a man whore:joyful:...he doesn't know about it ye:rolleyes:t; imagine the posts he'll make:arghh:! As long as he brings the green:greedy:, he can call me anything he wants.:smug:

I always get elected to be the mouthpiece, lol. :p
'You lost X amt. (of $$) for thread deleted.'
Is this for forum articles that are picked up for the Front Page?

Maybe for merged double posts?

I thought about that, too, Sue sue, but I've had a few dupes merged into the originals now and haven't received any acct. debits/alerts for them. This is the second one I've gotten since the change over and I was wondering if I'd done something wrong and didn't know it? :shrug: The stories that end up on the FP are the only thing I can think of so we don't have two threads on the same story in the forums. (?)

If I've posted something inappropriate I'll be happy to own it and change it, I just need to know what it is/was. @Subrosa ? Help, please? <3

Last edited:
Back