• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2eoefef.jpg

Thaiya Spruill-Smith, 2, is currently on life support after suffering a massive brain injury
30930x3.jpg
Terrell Smith pictured with Sheryl Brooks, grandmother of 2-year-old Thaiya.
[...]
shaken toddler won’t live to see her third birthday, and authorities charged the Brooklyn girl’s stepfather Friday night in her savage assault.

Two-year-old Thaiya Spruill-Smith was lying brain dead in a hospital, her tiny body being kept alive by machines after suffering a massive head injury at the hands of stepdad David Adam
[...]
The tragic girl is expected to be taken off the machines on Saturday afternoon, once her parents decide if they want to donate her organs, family members said. Doctors told her parents, Teoka Spruill and Terrell Smith on Friday night that Taiya has no hope of recovery.

Adams, 25, is currently facing charges of assault, reckless assault on a child and acting in a manner injurious to a child, but those charges are expected to be upgraded to murder on Saturday
[...]
It was not immediately revealed why Adams harmed the child, but he admitted to shaking little Thaiya when questioned,
[...]
Thaiya’s aunt D’Anna Smith said police told her family that Adams made a full confession and used a doll to show detectives how he violently thrashed the little girl. She also said Spruill, 24, is being used as a witness to say that she left her daughter alone with Adams for about 50 minutes, during which Thaiya was irreparably shaken.

That shaking may not be the only torture inflicted on little Thaiya during her short life: She may have been the victim of months of physical abuse, her devastated father
[...]
The city investigated the abuse claims, and even took Thaiya out of her mother’s home, but the agency returned her a week later,
[...]
confidentiality laws, but said the agency is looking into what caused Thaiya’s death.

Doctors told Smith Thaiya suffered bleeding on the brain. Her injuries went untreated for days
[...]
After hours of sitting by his daughter’s side in her hospital room, choking back tears as he listened to the machines keeping Thaiya alive, Smith chose to focus on good memories instead of a blank future.
“She’s very smart . . . she’d sit there and watch football with me all day,” he said of the girl, who had a passion for chocolate milk. “I used to have to go to McDonald’s and buy her a six-pack of chocolate milk.”
[...]
had left Thaiya in Adams’ care when the injuries were inflicted, a law enforcement source said.
[...]
The mom called 911 at 6:40 a.m. Thursday, complaining Thaiya had had trouble breathing since the night before
[...]
Paramedics rushed the toddler from her Dumont Ave. home in Brownsville’s Tilden Houses to Brookdale University Hospital, where she was listed in critical condition. Cops were called in after doctors found bruising on Thaiya’s body
[...]
Smith said Adams had abused the child repeatedly, leaving her with bruises and a bloody lip.

Spruill met Adams in March and quickly married him, Smith said. In June, he began finding bruises and welts all over his daughter.

“[Thaiya] told me she fell through Mommy’s glass table,” the Red Hook resident said. “When I’m asking my daughter’s mother about the marks, she says to ask her husband.”
[...]
Adams has been arrested before, but only for minor traffic violations.

Spruill filed for an order of protection against Smith in October, claiming her child’s father had stalked and tried to detain her.
[...]
Spruill is the half-sister of 17-year-old Tiona Rodriguez, who inexplicably was carrying her dead baby boy in a plastic bag at Victoria’s Secret in Herald Square when she was arrested on a shoplifting charge on Oct. 17, 2013.

The medical examiner determined Rodriguez’s newborn son died from homicidal asphyxiation, but no criminal charges have been filed against the teen,
[...]
The heartbreaking news about Thayia comes a day after more than 200 family members and friends paid their final respects to 3-year-old Jeida Torres, who died Oct. 18 in a city shelter after being kicked and slammed into a metal bed frame, allegedly by her 20-year-old stepfather, Kelsey Smith.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...pport-alleged-abuse-stepdad-article-1.2011799
5cino4.jpg

Terrell Smith claims little Thaiya may have been the victim of months of physical abuse.​

Nah, not brain dead, I want him to be a quadraplegic. Yup, lying immobile for the rest of his hopefully long and miserable life in a state run nursing home or a prison ward. I would pay people to visit him and do bad things to him. I'd sit by the bed and periodically cover his mouth and pinch his nose shut. It would also be fun to put rubber bands around his teeny weenie and another around his balls. And I'd laugh!

Once again one has to wonder why so many mothers don't protect their children from totally unmerciful penis' like that one. Where's their brain at? Do they really love the asshole so much that they think he wouldn't do something like that to their kids? Those mothers are delusional.
Wonder how the reality feels? and she knew from the beginning that he was abusive. Makes me want to knock their heads together several times and kick them both in the privates with steel toe
boots on. After that they should both go to jail for as long as possible.:vomit:

Brooklyn brute admits to shaking his 2-year-old stepdaughter — leaving irreversibly injured child on life-support — because she was crying
Sobbing suspect David Adams in protective custody after vicious assault on little Thaiya Spruill-Smith. Cops say charges will likely be upgraded to homicide.
ztxif9.jpg

David Adams​
A Brooklyn brute confessed to savagely shaking his 2-year-old stepdaughter until her tiny body went limp, leaving the irreversibly injured child on life-support
[...]
Sobbing suspect David Adams was locked up in protective custody after a criminal complaint laid out the vicious details of his alleged assault on Thaiya Spruill-Smith.
The little girl’s crying ignited the stepfather’s rage on Wednesday
[...]
Assistant District Attorney Frank DeGaetano said the charges will likely be upgraded to homicide.
Adams told police that he lifted Thaiya up in the air and shook the toddler, “causing (her) head to rotate forward and back rapidly several times,”
[...]
“Immediately after the above-described actions, (Adams) observed Thaiya Spruill-Smith’s body to go limp.”
[...]
in addition to the attack that left the girl in a coma, charged Adams with two counts of assault, one count of reckless assault and endangering the welfare of a child between Oct. 10 and 20.
Prosecutors declined to provide the details behind the earlier assault charges, but the complaint described similar shakings of the child. Adams, 25, was due back in court Monday.
[...]
stunning accusations were further complicated Saturday as Thaiya’s mother and father feuded over donating the little girl’s organs.
Mom Teoka Spruill, who wants doctors to take the organs, also defended her accused husband — and said she was seven months pregnant with the suspect’s baby.
“As if this situation wasn’t enough,” said Thaiya’s visibly upset dad, Terrell Smith. “I just can’t believe this.”
[...]
mediator from the city Administration for Children’s Services may be summoned to help the parents reach an agreement.
Smith, even before the charges were announced, accused Adams of repeatedly beating his daughter, leaving her with a bloody lip, welts and bruises.
He claimed that the court awarded his ex-wife custody of Thaiya despite the abuse.
“I kept showing them picture after picture of marks, of signs of abuse, but she got custody
[....]
The toddler’s grandmother choked up Saturday as the family waited to decide on taking her off life support. Doctors told the parents Friday night that Thaiya was brain-dead, with no hope of recovery.
My granddaughter was the most wonderful, beautiful, smart, intelligent, opinionated, gorgeous girl — and she speaks her mind,” said Diane Howard, 65, pastor of the Grace Saving Church of Gold and Christ in Queens.
“She’s a smart baby,”
[...]
“She’s a good baby. And we all loved her.”
Teoka Spruill dialed 911 on Thursday morning after her daughter had trouble breathing. The cops were called when doctors at the hospital discovered bruises on the little girl’s body.
“I would love for Thai’s organs to be donated, but her father doesn’t want that,” Spruill said
[...]
“I’d love to bless somebody else’s child with life. Thaiya was my life.”
Smith’s family said Spruill has hardly been at the hospital and that she bears some responsibility for the girl’s fate.
“Her not being here shows how true it is,” said Smith’s sister La’Sean Brooks, 23. “Why are you not here then? Because you're guilty.”
Smith’s family kept a grim vigil
[....]
as the decision over the organs continued to play out.
“We’re praying,” Thaiya’s aunt D’Anna Smith said. “We’re believing in God at this point.”
“This little girl was at the very beginning of her life,” said District Attorney Ken Thompson. “We will now seek justice on behalf of this innocent child who simply did not deserve to suffer such a horrible (fate).”
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/weep-devil-sobbing-brute-admits-killing-baby-article-1.2012341

That court photo is a punch in the guts. What do they do to people who cry in prison?

I hope he has a long miserable life in prison.

She loved chocolate milk. :( Details like that take these stories from a devastating headline to something more real...something that's hits home a bit harder. I would have to say my almost 3 yo is a chocolate milk fanatic...McDonalds is his favorite...:arghh: I just can't even imagine getting so angry that I would harm him. Even when he's driving me insane with his toddler logic, I still find him adorable and so precious. I feel bad sending him to his room...I feel bad when I have to give him the stink eye!!!! I just...ugh. What a monster it must take to harm a child...because I certainly don't have it anywhere in me. And then to cry about it later? Fuck you you fucking shit stain!!!! Maybe that remorse and regret could have saved that little girl had you felt it when you were beating her senseless. Worthless fuck. :rage:

So sad. She resembled her daddy. :( At least she had one parent who loved and cared about her. Too bad she wasn't with him instead of her "mom's" penis.

Another beautiful baby slaughtered by a scum sucking piece of shit - And Mom is defending her murdering Husband. >sigh<

Same old same old . Every fucking week we are hearing this , it seems.

I am sick of these murderers and sick of these defenders.

I am so sorry for Thaiya and her Father , who have been robbed of a lifetime together.

I am tired of the excuses, like ' she was crying..' That's no excuse. No normal person does this to a child over any reason, the only reasons are cruel human beings with bad tempers.

I cant help but also wonder why Mom hasn't hardly been to see her and why she wants her organs donated so quickly - is it guilt, I wonder.

the baby died <3<3

She was the sweetest little thing': Emotional tributes to girl, 2, who has died after being 'violently shaken by her stepfather'

[...]
two-year-old girl has died in hospital days after her stepfather shook her until she suffered a brain hemorrhage
[...]
Despite numerous operations, doctors last night concluded Thaiya's head injuries were too severe to overcome, and she was taken off life support.
It has since emerged that Thaiya may have been the victim of months of abuse at the hands of her stepfather that was investigated by New York City social services.
[...]
emotional tributes to the 'smart' and 'sweet' girl as her mother's husband David Adams, 25, appeared in court charged with inflicting the fatal wounds.

'Thai, she was like the sweetest little girl ever, like you wouldn't have problems with her ever,' Shayne Smith, Thaiya's uncle, told
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iolently-shaken-stepfather.html#ixzz3JICXWKu3

her mother's husband David Adams, 25,
I just wanted to quote that part to point it out. I love the fact that the monster wasn't referred to as her stepfather.

He has never and will never earn that title, it takes more than marrying someone with children to make you a stepparent.

How fucking hard do you have to shake a 2 yr old to cause brain damage? Jesus fucking christ. Impale this fucker on a sharp stake and let his body weight pull him down.

stunning accusations were further complicated Saturday as Thaiya’s mother and father feuded over donating the little girl’s organs.
Mom Teoka Spruill, who wants doctors to take the organs, also defended her accused husband — and said she was seven months pregnant with the suspect’s baby.

I do hope they donated the organ's I think it's ignorant as fuck not to donate. Aside from that, OF COURSE the mom is pregnant with this asshole's child now. That is probably why the step-dad beat the baby so much. She wasn't his child, so she was probably "bad, disobedient, spoiled" I bet he said things like "when your sister/brother is born you will see how a child with good blood behaves".... Ew, I can just so picture. Fucking cry baby asshole.

Im not going to fault the dad for not donating her organs
It would be great if everyone donated organs that are always in need
but he is burying a child
not just a child that died which is hard enough
but a child that was beaten to death by a man he knew was abusing her and mom did squat
a child he has been trying to get the courts to look into because she was being beaten and the mom did nothing
hes angry as fuck and I dont blame him
Id be pissed at the world right now
so if he is pissed and wants to keep the organs in his baby
Im sure 99% of that is the fact the cum dumpster wants them donated
he has decided her decisions got the baby killed and in his heart he feels she doesnt deserve to make anymore decisions regarding her
in a perfect world mom wouldnt have a say
and also in a perfect world everyone that could donate would

Im not going to fault the dad for not donating her organs
It would be great if everyone donated organs that are always in need
but he is burying a child
not just a child that died which is hard enough
but a child that was beaten to death by a man he knew was abusing her and mom did squat
a child he has been trying to get the courts to look into because she was being beaten and the mom did nothing
hes angry as fuck and I dont blame him
Id be pissed at the world right now
so if he is pissed and wants to keep the organs in his baby
Im sure 99% of that is the fact the cum dumpster wants them donated
he has decided her decisions got the baby killed and in his heart he feels she doesnt deserve to make anymore decisions regarding her
in a perfect world mom wouldnt have a say
and also in a perfect world everyone that could donate would

I respectfully disagree. It isn't about him, nor should it be. The ability to save another child, should not even be a question in his mind. There is no reason to keep her organs except that he is trying to go against the mother. Ya know, these articles can say that he tried his hardest to get custody but I would like to see proof of that. I find it hard to believe that he had no leg to stand on in court the way he makes it out to be. Courts do not just side with the mom and give her custody without cause.

I respectfully disagree. It isn't about him, nor should it be. The ability to save another child, should not even be a question in his mind. There is no reason to keep her organs except that he is trying to go against the mother. Ya know, these articles can say that he tried his hardest to get custody but I would like to see proof of that. I find it hard to believe that he had no leg to stand on in court the way he makes it out to be. Courts do not just side with the mom and give her custody without cause.
You ever lost a child??
I have
I have buried one and I know the mental state your in at the time you hate the fucking world
you blame the world for everything let alone toss in it was a preventable death

lastnight they said she died and tonight they say the judge ordered her kept on life support until they can agree
Judge orders Brooklyn girl, 2, to remain on life support until parents resolve feud over donating organs
Thaiya Spruill-Smith, who was allegedly shaken into a coma by her stepfather, was granted at least one more day of life Monday when a Family Court judge ordered the hospital not to disconnect her life support. Thaiya's biological father was in court to gain custody of the child and wants to stop her organs from being donated.
The brain-dead Brooklyn baby who was shaken into a coma by her stepfather was granted at least one more day of life
[..]
A Family Court judge ordered the hospital not to disconnect 2-year-old Thaiya Spruill-Smith from life support until her warring parents resolve a dispute about donating her organs.
[...]
Thaiya’s biological father, Terrell Smith, 26, was in court to gain custody over mother Teoka Spruill, 24, and wants to stop her organs from being donated.

“My daughter’s eyes are beautiful so I don’t want them removed,”
[...]
tearing up. “I want to keep her on life support
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-girl-2-remain-life-support-article-1.2014437

While I do agree with you on the bolded part, I'm sure logic and reason aren't on her father's side right now.

I find it weird that Mom is all for donating the little girl's organs and the Dad is against it and wants her left on life support. Usually it would be the partner of the murderer who wants life support continued, to keep their beloved from facing a murder charge. Just find that odd.

I am a strong supporter of organ donation, but with that said, I have not lost a child and even that thought brings tears to my eyes, I cannot fathom having to make that choice for one of my children. I would hope that I could agree to donation but I just don't know if I could tell them to remove life support, to be the one to make the final decision, I think that I would feel like I had kiled my child.

I think Dad feels her death was out of his control and he doesn't want her body to be any more destroyed than it already is.

We know donation would let some good come out of this, a child out there could desperately need Thaiyas few remaining healthy organs - but she is his baby girl, his quote about her beautiful eyes just takes my breath away with heart ache. We can say its not about him, but it is, he is the Father and can you imagine your child lying there dying and someone saying you are selfish and need to donate - you would just fall to pieces.

This is the last decision he can make as a Father. The last thing he will ever do for Thaiya. He is grieving. Grief does things to you no one will understand unless they've been there.
I don't think he is being selfish even if Thaiyas life ending would save another child - this is his state of mind, I'm sure if he was as lucky to be able to see this from the outside like we are then he would say similar, but this is his nightmare and he can only do what he feels to do.

So sad that even in death there is no peace for Thaiya. Her Mother has lost her rights to make a decision on anything regarding her care in my opinion. Shame she wasn't as vocal, strong willed and 'feuding' when a large full grown man was beating up and killing her Daughter.

his head right now you think something magical will happen and all will be right in the world again
but wayyyyy in the back of your head you know its not going to happen
we couldnt donate Kalebs organs we didnt have that choice he was born with a severe heart defect that at the time couldnt be fixed
we knew while preg this wasnt going to be a happy outcome
and even if he couldve had a transplant
that wouldve meant another set of parents were losing a baby
Really hard to explain and not a place I wanna go to again
but I can just say I understand the mentality of decisions like that where you have to make them fast
we did take off life support in the end
because his body was poisoned by its own organs and we told him it was o.k to go
but we had 5 and 1/2 months of knowing what the outcome was going to be
this dad went to bed friday not knowing his whole world was blowing up and there was nothing he could do to save it
he woke up in a totally diff world then he went to bed with

34ycx1d.jpg

Terrell Smith leaves Brooklyn Family Court with his lawyer. He's the father of 2-year-old Thaiya Spruill-Smith, who is in a coma after being shaken by her stepdad.
Brooklyn girl, 2, ‘shaken’ into coma by stepfather, to be taken off life support after court hearing
Thaiya Spruill-Smith has been in a coma since being rushed to the hospital Thursday. Her parents had a dispute over whether to donate her organs, but that disagreement was resolved Tuesday.
Little Thaiya Spruill-Smith can finally rest in peace.
The 2-year-old Brooklyn child who was allegedly shaken by her stepfather will soon be taken off life support after a dispute over donating her organs was resolved, her dad’s lawyer said
[...]

Thaiya has been in a coma since Thursday after David Adams, 25, admittedly hit and shook her when the toddler wouldn’t stop crying
[...]
Mother Teoka Spruill, 24, who has full custody, planned to donate the child’s organs but father Terrell Smith, 26, objected.

“My daughter’s eyes are beautiful so I don’t want them removed,” he had said through tears Monday.

The father also resisted taking the baby off life-sustaining machines, but acquiesced after speaking with doctors,
[....]
With hospital staff all but ignoring him since Thaiya’s hospitalization, “He felt as if he’s being coerced and forced to agree to donate the organs,”
[...]
The hospital’s attitude changed after Smith went to Family Court
[...]
The dad, who has visitation and alerted the authorities to suspected abuse in the past, tried to get custody. But that move turned out to be unnecessary: as the father named in the birth certificate, he has a say on making organ donations
[...]
Hernandez said his client stands by his refusal, paving the way to the painful next stage of taking his daughter off life support. It wasn’t clear when that would happen exactly.
[...]
I can’t even imagine what the two of you are going through at this time,” Judge Maria Arias told them as she lifted a stay, issued a day earlier, that prohibited the hospital from pulling the plug. “My prayers are with both of you and with your child.”
When Thaiya passes, charges against Adams will be upgraded to murder, prosecutors have said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/brooklyn-girl-2-life-support-article-1.2015254
2iht0sk.jpg

Teoka Spruill, mom of Thaiya Spruill-Smith, had wanted to donate her daughter's organs, but the girl's dad objected.

Last edited:
Back