• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
9jdmb8.jpg
Trial for a Craig man accused of killing his wife and burying her in a gold mine is scheduled for June.

Terry Hankins, 72, has been in custody since August 2007. He is charged with first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse in the June 2007 death of Cynthia Hankins, 34.

Terry Hankins pleaded not guilty in March 2008. His trial originally was set for December 2008 in Moffat County but was postponed following a series of court actions.

In September, O'Hara threw out four confessions made by Terry Hankins. He said Terry Hankins didn't receive a proper Miranda warning.

On Feb. 24, the Colorado Supreme Court reversed that ruling and restored the confessions. The high court determined Terry Hankins wasn't in custody and wasn't subject to the warning when he initially confessed and led investigators to Cynthia Hankins' body.
http://www.cortezjournal.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=4998&TM=42773.8
Colorado gold miner Terry Hankins appeared infatuated with Cynthia Denise Runnels.

Although the then 70-year-old Craig gold prospector was 34 years older than Runnels, he sent letters to the Texas prison where she was serving time for felony "family violence."

After Runnels was released from prison in July 2006, Hankins tried to persuade her to come to Craig and marry him. He would send Cynthia Runnels money. When she wouldn't move to Colorado, he would send more. Eventually, Cynthia moved to Craig and married him.

Now, Hankins is in the Moffat County detention facility, accused of murdering his wife of six months, among other charges.

Cynthia Runnels-Hankins' body was unearthed near one of Hankins' gold mines, 5 feet below ground, covered with a pile of dirt 12 feet wide at the base and 6 feet high.

Runnels-Hankins' family members and investigators say the relationship between the miner and his wife went downhill rapidly after they married in December.

In March, Hankins went to court seeking a divorce and a temporary restraining order against Runnels-Hankins, alleging domestic abuse. The allegations were similar to two criminal cases filed against her in Texas.

But days later, Hankins withdrew the divorce and temporary-restraining-order requests.

Runnels-Hankins would call Texas at least three times a day because in Texas she had two children - son Jordan O'Neal, 13, and daughter Tamera Runnels, 11.

She had originally wanted the children to spend the summer in Colorado with her and her new husband but decided against it because the relationship was deteriorating rapidly.

Vanatta said investigators believe Runnels-Hankins was slain at the couple's Craig apartment. A Human Remains Recovery Dog alerted police to the presence of human fluids in the apartment.
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6727625

This was clearly not a match made in heaven. Why do people jump into relationships in the first place? And WHY do they not just divorce instead of resorting to murder? Seriously.

Since he found out she was a gold digger, he probably figured she might as well wind up in the mine.
They were giving each other the shaft anyways.

Since he found out she was a gold digger, he probably figured she might as well wind up in the mine.

You said this better than I could. I was thinking, a gold mine? Why would anyone look in there?

This pig was married to my aunt in the late eighties. She worked several jobs while suffering from terminal leukemia and supporting his ass. He kept her in a trailer away from electricity and running water. She finally left him (though didn't divorce) to live with my grandmother for her last couple years.

This pig was married to my aunt in the late eighties. She worked several jobs while suffering from terminal leukemia and supporting his ass. He kept her in a trailer away from electricity and running water. She finally left him (though didn't divorce) to live with my grandmother for her last couple years.
I'm glad that she lived her last years in peace.

O'Hara sentenced Hankins to life in prison without parole, adding that he had no discretion in his decision. First-degree murder carries a mandatory life sentence in Colorado.

According to three recorded confessions Hankins made to law enforcement, he choked his wife unconscious, hit her in the face with a crow bar and then smothered her with a pillow.

Hankins said he cut Cynthia's body into pieces and buried her remains on his gold claim north of Craig, where they were eventually unearthed by law enforcement.
http://m.steamboattoday.com/news/20..._life_without_parole_murder/?templates=mobile

What The Fuck Is Wrong With You!! This Is a Real Person, This Was My Aunt.. She Was Not a Gold Digger, She Made Her Own Money. Terry Was The One That Kept Sending Money Thinking It Will Make Her Happy and Probably Even Make Things Better But He Was Wrong You Can't Fix Things With Earthly Things. It Has To Come From The Heart. Clearly He Doesn't Have One Because He Took Cynthia's Heart Instead.

What The Fuck Is Wrong With You!! This Is a Real Person, This Was My Aunt.. She Was Not a Gold Digger, She Made Her Own Money. Terry Was The One That Kept Sending Money Thinking It Will Make Her Happy and Probably Even Make Things Better But He Was Wrong You Can't Fix Things With Earthly Things. It Has To Come From The Heart. Clearly He Doesn't Have One Because He Took Cynthia's Heart Instead.

I'm sorry you lost your aunt and whether she was a gold digger or not obviously doesn't justify murder. It's still kinda hard to defend the gold digger accusations though... it is what it is.

"Terry Was The One That Kept Sending Money" is a quote that is very counter productive to your argument too. Yes... it usually isn't the gold digger that keeps sending money... they like to keep receiving it. I assume she was the one receiving Terry's money when he sent it. Am I correct in this assumption?

Why on earth do people type with every single word capitalized? That would drive me nuts trying to type like that...

What I do find odd with this case is that, she elected to move to Colorado after he started sending her even more money. And he himself was the one who went to the police to file for a restraining order. And then dropped it. He knew, I'm assuming, what she was in prison for. She was already convicted of family violence, she was clearly going back to that pattern.

I'm sorry your aunt died, but it seems as though with her priors and history, it was bound to catch up with her.

What The Fuck Is Wrong With You!! This Is a Real Person,

well to be fair ...this real person ditched her kids for a seventy year old gold miner.

That SCREAM's ...gold digger to me.

For her children's sake I'm glad she is dead ... We can't see our mother because she is dead is easier for a child to comprehend than Mommy hasn't been to visit for a while because she loves money more than she loves us. What a pig ... this is karma at its finest.

Back