• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man was left in "unbearable, searing pain" and scarred for life when his wife poured boiling water over him.

Ken Gregory, 65, from Peterborough, sustained first and second degree burns to 14% of his body in March last year.

He has encouraged male victims of domestic violence to speak out, saying: "Being attacked by a woman is nothing to be ashamed of."

His now ex-wife Teresa Gilbertson, 60, is awaiting sentencing having been convicted of grievous bodily harm.

Mr Gregory met Gilbertson seven years ago after the death of his first wife of 30 years, Maureen.

On the day of the attack Mr Gregory had intended to visit his first wife's grave as it was her birthday, but instead the couple argued and agreed to divorce.

Gilbertson went to make a cup of tea but returned with a jug of boiling water which she poured over his head from behind.

Peterborough Crown Court heard she said "there you go", as she tipped it over her husband.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-31853392

A woman who tried to "boil her husband" by pouring scalding water over his head moments after they agreed to divorce has been jailed for four years.

Ken Gregory, 65, from Peterborough, suffered first and second degree burns to 14% of his body in April last year, leaving him scarred for life.

Former special constable Teresa Gilbertson, of Hayes, west London, was found guilty of grievous bodily harm.

The 60-year-old showed "no remorse", Peterborough Crown Court heard.

Her anger was sparked by underlying financial difficulties, the court heard.

Gilbertson had been demanding money for doing housework and to buy cars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-32038665

Throw the Brittish book at her, 9 minutes in the goal, and make her sign some fucking registry:mad:

They've sentenced her to four years, which means she'll likely do two.

Of course, her refusal to accept responsibility may be an impediment to getting out early on license.......

QUOTE: Of course, her refusal to accept responsibility may be an impediment to getting out early on license.......

Never in all my days will I ever understand why this is an option in any court system. The defendant finally admits to a crime of causing bodily harm to her husband but lied from the beginning. It was obviously not an accident and she never showed any remorse for doing to begin with. When finally admitting to doing it after sentencing she's rewarded!

Never in all my days will I ever understand why this is an option in any court system. The defendant finally admits to a crime of causing bodily harm to her husband but lied from the beginning. It was obviously not an accident and she never showed any remorse for doing to begin with. When finally admitting to doing it after sentencing she's rewarded!

Let's hope she is too pig-headed to benefit from this rule, - which is quite universal throughout the judicial systems of the Western world.

(The theory would be that someone who has seen the error of their ways and admitted it to the parole board will be less likely to repeat the offence. Unfortunately, remorse is easy to fake......)

Let's hope she is too pig-headed to benefit from this rule, - which is quite universal throughout the judicial systems of the Western world.

(The theory would be that someone who has seen the error of their ways and admitted it to the parole board will be less likely to repeat the offence. Unfortunately, remorse is easy to fake......)

Exactly. Hopefully the parole board will reject her pleas for quite awhile to come.

QUOTE: Of course, her refusal to accept responsibility may be an impediment to getting out early on license.......

That's how you avoid the DP here. Say sorry and you get LWOP. Other than the length of sentencing guidelines, there's no diff.

Last edited:
Back