• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/teenager-stole-cats-animal-sanctuary-12493282
[....]
A court heard the teenager broke into the purpose-built cat sanctuary late at night and stole a cage with ten cats which were being nursed back to health by volunteers.

Georgina Buckley, prosecuting, said: “Lewis essentially used the cats for sport. He used his dogs to hunt down and kill them.

“He caused lacerations to the cats himself to try and hinder their escape.”

Miss Buckley told Swansea Crown Court that three cats were found mauled to death in different spots near the sanctuary in Neath Port Talbot.

Four were found alive and returned but three others are still missing and presumed dead.

Ms Buckley added: “Post mortem gave the cause of death as the result of an attack and having been shaken viciously by an animal, like a dog.”
[....]
just two weeks after he was sentenced in a youth court for a gruesome attack on a sheep.

Lewis stole the sheep from a field and strung it up upside down to a tree, before cutting its head off with a machete. He then posed for photos next to its bloodied carcass and posting them on Facebook.

The police were alerted and Lewis, who is unemployed and on benefits, was given a referral order at Swansea Youth Court.

But he then went on to strike at the Ty Nant Cat Sanctuary at Port Talbot just days later with a 15-year-old accomplice.
[....]
Lewis accepted responsibility for the burglary and the deaths of the cats.

He said: “Lewis concedes his dogs were trained to hunt and he knew full well about what the outcome would be.”

Mr Herd said Lewis, whose mother committed suicide five years ago, had been seen by child psychologists after decapitating a sheep, who concluded he showed “psychopathic traits” and signs of a personality disorder.

He pleaded guilty to burglary and criminal damage at Swansea Crown Court where he appeared for sentencing.

Judge Paul Hopkins told Lewis his acts added with his “extreme right-wing views on race and sexuality” meant he was “dangerous.”

Judge Hopkins said: “You tortured a sheep before beheading it, and then took a photo such was your satisfaction at what had been done.

“You then broke into a cat sanctuary and stole 10 cats. You used them as bait for your dogs.

“They are acts of great cruelty amounting to sadism.”

Lewis, of Croeserw, near Port Talbot, was sentenced to 30 months in a young offenders institute.
cats.jpg

Oh, fkn please, I can hear the chirping of tiny violins in the distance. His mother should have done the world a favor and taken him out before she capped herself. What a worthless pos that will probably continue to get his "benefits" a slap on the hand and counseling instead of the massive thorzain shot he deserves [and would be more merciful than needed].
This does bring up a serious issue more so in the states you never see charged like it should be. I now won't even give kittens away without massive background checks as when I first started hand raising and homing kittens in this area had two separate women I gave cats to thinking they were going to have a marvelous home only to have pointers after the fact they got them from me to give to a dog fighting ring in the area. I tell people to be very careful about giving cats or any animals away on craigslist also [mine were posted at the vets office which goes to show the level of craven evil going on around here and I still haven't forgiven myself for being so naive]

Lewis, who is unemployed and on benefits

Even for a psychopath he has just too much time on his hands, I vote we torture him for our amusement and then jail him for the rest of his miserable little life, because if he stays free, a person will die at his hands before too long.

30 months is just enough time to imagine plenty of new tortures and build up a head of steam to enact his next crime. He'll be back on DD.

A cat rescue centre tucked away in the hills of Neath Port Talbot became the most famous in Wales last summer - but for all the wrong reasons.

Ty Nant Cat Sanctuary in Cymmer was broken into on 30 July by two teenagers who stole 10 cats.

The incident left sanctuary owner Teresa Ahmad and her volunteers heartbroken.

"The ones they took were old cats," said volunteer Nicky Morgan.

"They didn't even have teeth, so they couldn't have defended themselves against what was happening."

But the sanctuary was consoled by the "overwhelming amount of public support" and the response to a GoFundMe page which collected almost £20,000.

"I've seen the best of humanity and the worst of humanity all in a short space," said Ms Ahmad.

Some of the money has already been spent repairing the pens that were broken into, with the old mesh replaced by galvanised fencing bolted down to the floor.

"There's no way anyone can cut through it," said Ms Ahmad.

Security around the sanctuary has also been improved with CCTV cameras, alarms and sensor lighting.

All the pens have also been renewed in the cattery, which Ms Ahmad said "provides the cats and future cats with a "higher standard of living".

A large amount of the money has and will continue to go towards the sanctuary's veterinary bills, which is a "huge outgoing."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-38768343

Back