• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Ninja0980

Trusted Member
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/crime/story/1045938.html

Nick Chamberlain walked with his former high-school sweetheart into the woods behind Service High School on Monday during lunch break with the promise of a silver ring, told her to close her eyes and lift her head, then plunged a pocket knife into her neck, according to documents filed in court Tuesday charging him with attempted murder.

He continued stabbing the girl until he had inflicted 29 wounds, the documents say.

The attack was so brutal that at one point he bent the 2 1/2 inch blade of the folding knife he was using. The attack ended only after a skier confronted the 16-year-old student, who shouted curses and slashed at the man, spattering the witness's glasses with blood. The boy then walked off into the woods, according to court documents.

At a court hearing Tuesday, Chamberlain said little as Judge Catherine Easter ordered him transferred from McLaughlin Youth Center to the Anchorage jail, where he will await trial as an adult on charges of attempted murder, first- and third-degree assault and tampering with evidence.

Just an example of the horrors of teen dating violence... this selfish prick not only put his ex and her family through hell...but his own as well.

Wow, the comments from the mother about him being a good kid. Talk about delusional.
This comment floored me.

"He really wanted to marry her one day," a tearful Abraham said. "She would
go back to that guy and it would just break his heart."

Yeah, good kids always stab people they love 29 times. Hello, your son is a freak. This fucker doesn't have a heart to break. Just look at him, he looks like a nutty squirrel. She was so lucky to have survived the attack, thank god there was help when she needed it.

Last edited:
See the part about his mother being a victim of domestic violence from his dad? And she only filed for divorce in September.

Chances are, he grew up exposed to violence, so little wonder he doesn't know how to handle conflict in relationships. THIS is one good example of what can happen when women (and men) put up with this kind of crap at the expense of the children.

I'm glad that the girl is still alive.

I can see why the blow by blow description of the attack wasn't included here. It was chilling.

This kid needs to be incarcerated for a long time.

That kid is a psychopath... this is just a horrifying story. I can imagine being a teenager with a boy I had some feelings for being told to close my eyes, and then.... STABBITY STAB-STAB-STAB!!

What a nightmare.

One thing, though... I thought the FP article said he told her he was going to do a magic trick? That's slightly less misleading than the ring story, in all fairness. I mean, he turned himself into a monster, right? Magic!

From 2013:
Man who stabbed ex-girlfriend at Service High gets 42-year sentence

After stabbing his ex-girlfriend more than 70 times with a pocketknife and as she clung to life in the woods near Service High School, Nicholas Chamberlain stood over her.

"I put my hands up, and I asked, 'What do you want? Why are you doing this?' " Lory Miebs, the victim, told a judge Friday at Chamberlain's sentencing hearing. "He said the three words that still haunt me: 'Just hold still.' "

A passing skier who tried to stop Chamberlain had called 911. Chamberlain fled when he heard sirens coming. Paramedics and doctors patched up Miebs as best they could, saving her life.
http://www.adn.com/article/20130419/man-who-stabbed-ex-girlfriend-service-high-gets-42-year-sentence

Wait wait hold the phone...he stabbed her "more than 70 times" and did not manage to kill her? Jesus Christ, he either has zero knowledge of human anatomy, or she has an angel. I am assuming the former because I don't believe in fairies and I have zero faith in the American education system.

Wait wait hold the phone...he stabbed her "more than 70 times" and did not manage to kill her? Jesus Christ, he either has zero knowledge of human anatomy, or she has an angel. I am assuming the former because I don't believe in fairies and I have zero faith in the American education system.
Odd, the original article said 29 times.

I don't think 42 years is quite enough, even if he serves every day of it. 52 years would make me more comfortable.

He stabbed her 29 times.

Hmmm. Your link says 70+, victim's mother says 76, and both differ from the 29 stated in '09. Well, regardless, 29 stab wounds should have killed her. Especially a 2.5 inch blade. You can kill someone with less than that in one cut if you know what you're doing.

My comment still stands. :bored:

Hmmm. Your link says 70+, victim's mother says 76, and both differ from the 29 stated in '09. Well, regardless, 29 stab wounds should have killed her. Especially a 2.5 inch blade. You can kill someone with less than that in one cut if you know what you're doing.

My comment still stands. :bored:

Totally agree.
This kid fails at murder. He had several major arteries readily available.

Kids...playing the if i can't having you, nobody will game, and not realizing you lose every time even if you suck at it.

I don't think 42 years is quite enough, even if he serves every day of it. 52 years would make me more comfortable.

If the stab number was in the 70s, he didn't even get a year for each stabbing. That's a load of bullshit. If it was 29 stabbings, then he didn't even get 2 years for each stab. Pretty fucking disgusting the message the court is sending with this.

Anyways, hopefully this girl won't be so materialistic in the future.

With a 2.5 inch blade and a girl struggling, wearing winter clothes, I can see how he could not hit an artery. Still he might have just by coincidence. It wasn't for lack of trying.
It sounds like he is genuinely remorseful now. He's a tragic figure. I'd rather err on the side of caution, and throw away the key.

With a 2.5 inch blade and a girl struggling, wearing winter clothes, I can see how he could not hit an artery. Still he might have just by coincidence. It wasn't for lack of trying.
It sounds like he is genuinely remorseful now. He's a tragic figure. I'd rather err on the side of caution, and throw away the key.

He told her to close her eyes and lean her head back. Full access to the carotid artery if you ask me.

Back