• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
From the link above>

Byrnes-Laird was still in her bikini from a day of swimming on July 26 when she and her boyfriend stopped outside a Shreveport convenience store, she told KTBS. She waited in the car while her boyfriend, Jared Pelletier, was inside. Several men began making lewd comments at the teen. Pelletier emerged from the store and fought with the men. He managed to get inside the car when one of the catcallers threw a brass pipe through the open passenger window, crushing Byrnes-Laird's mouth.

"I looked down and saw my teeth in my hand and I immediately started gushing blood," the 18-year-old told NBC 6.

She suffered a torn top lip, a deep gash in her lower lip and lost teeth, according to a GoFundMe page set up to pay for medical expenses. In all, 12 teeth were damaged.

SO dipshit, hot headed bf doesn't like dudes making lewd comments, so he attacks them. They fight back, but are more numerous and have weapons, so he gets the worst of it, which should be expected. During the course of the ordeal, one particularly nasty shithead gutter dweller attempts one last bit of offense via a pipe thru a window, but misses his mark, or who knows, maybe he wanted to for some bizarre reason nail the girl. Either way, story is bf starts a fight for no good reason and against insanely idiotic odds, and he and his gf of course suffer for it. Great job buddy.

Why should i pay for this girls medical bill exactly? It's the bfs fault this occurred, he should pay the bill for putting himself and more importantly his gf in such a dangerous situation(and not just cuz they stopped in Shreveport of all places, good god how stupid can you get, def a "windows up kids", lock the fucking door as you pass through type of town.) She wants a handout, she should sue him, not go begging strangers cuz she doesn't want to ruffle feathers that deserve some rufflin.

"Additonally, this incident is temporarily preventing Jessica from earning a living to support herself."

??? A couple missing teeth and a cut on my face has never prevented me from working. Fuck, barely being able to stand for more than 30 min without collapsing in crippling pain didn't stop me even, wasn't till that time went from 30 min to 0 min. Fucking lazy ass dipshit just wants a payday.

And she does have insurance? WHy not inform us exactly how much it WILL cover? She wants 6 dental implants at 2 grand a piece, that's 24 grand worth of work. She's asking for 25 grand total. Ummm, huH? So if the insurance will cover some amount of it, why is she still asking for the sum in total? Pure pocket change here folks.

Fuck these lazy bums. It's awful she took a pipe to the face(which sounds like it may have been an accident), but that doesn't entitle her to some big money shower from small minded, moronic do-gooders who clearly don't value their own hard work or earnings too much, if at all.

There's better, well ACTUAL, causes out there folks. Don't be fuckin idiots.

Oh shit and according to the video/news story these two got out of the car and started walking around the gas station after the attack? The fuck!?!?! WHy would you not high tail it out of there immediately!?!? Good God they are dumb.

They'll never find the culprits. People feel that snitches are bitches in that particular shit hole area of the world.

Last edited:
Sorry, Jack, but if a group of assholes were making lewd comments about someone I cared about - and we don't know exactly how "lewd" those comments were, nor certain other particulars - I wouldn't walk away and ignore it. I wouldn't throw the first punch, if it came to that, simply because I would then be the one charged with assault, but I definitely wouldn't ignore, nor tolerate, their bullshit.

Last edited:
Sorry, Jack, but if a group of assholes were making lewd comments about someone I cared about - and we don't know exactly how "lewd" those comments were, nor certain other particulars - I wouldn't walk away and ignore it. I wouldn't throw the first punch, if it came to that, simply because I would then be the one charged with assault, but I definitely wouldn't ignore, nor tolerate, their bullshit.

As far as I can see, Jack never said you should necessarily shut the hell up entirely, just not attack them for flirting with your girl. How pathetically insecure can you be that it's really that much of an issue that it warrants much of anything? But assaulting someone like this is fucking stupid and hot headed. If you attack someone first and lose, I'm with Jack, that's just too fucking bad and you're a dumbass who picked the wrong fight. There are so many ways to stand up for someone who is getting hit on that doesn't involve physically attacking someone.

If the guy really wanted to actually solve the problem he would have possibly used some choice words, and left to remove her from the situation. The boyfriend clearly wanted to brawl because that's what territorial pansy ass men do, not stand up for the girl, not protect her, and not help her. Men who care want to protect their loves, not thrust them into danger.

He was protecting his foolish little sense of pride, NOT his girlfriend.

I've scoured the 'net for more information about this incident and have yet to find one report stating the boyfriend started the fight. All I have found so far are the words, "...he fought with the men," "...the men fought..." or "...a fight broke out." If you have additional information, @spiff, please post for the benefit of all.

Last edited:
The point is you walk away from a situation like that. Multiple men making lewd comments at your girl doesn't justify throwing a punch and putting her and yourself in danger. In most of these situations the group isn't looking to fight. He should have just gotten in the car and left. I can't say there is ever a situation where I would take on multiple people at once without my life being threatened.

And who walks around in a fucking bikini and expects nobody to say anything? She wanted the attention. No reason she couldn't have thrown on a tank and short over her suit. Especially if it was gonna be negative attention. If he didn't like it he could have tossed his gf his shirt off his back. He should have been happy to be the man with her that the other guys wanted. She was gonna gg home with him til she needed a hospital. There was absolutely no reason for a fight, bf to get mad, or to beg strangers for a handout if you've got insurance. Sounds more like a scam to me not listing the amount needed vs amount insurance will cover. Assholes. All of them.

She's so pretty. The whole situation is jacked up. I hope they find the people responsible. If i know the hood like i think i know the hood, those guys are probably posted in front of that SAME STORE every day....they might be up there today.

And who walks around in a fucking bikini and expects nobody to say anything? She wanted the attention. No reason she couldn't have thrown on a tank and short over her suit. Especially if it was gonna be negative attention. If he didn't like it he could have tossed his gf his shirt off his back. He should have been happy to be the man with her that the other guys wanted. She was gonna gg home with him til she needed a hospital. There was absolutely no reason for a fight, bf to get mad, or to beg strangers for a handout if you've got insurance. Sounds more like a scam to me not listing the amount needed vs amount insurance will cover. Assholes. All of them.

Right! It COULD be the fat, but i put my shorts and t shirt on when i'm leaving the beach. I don't want all that attention. Or hell, wrap a towel around you. I know you better do SOMETHING cuz you're not sitting your wet ass on my seats

@rod2pop - Every single articles says "the boyfriend fought....", "the boyfriend confronted...." or some variation, which indicates that he wasn't attacked first but is the hot headed asshole who got his poor girlfriend assaulted, just for some annoying comments.

I can't go through the video at work but the surveillance tape is in this link.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...em-allegedly-throws-a-brass-pipe-at-her-face/

Pretending you're a better man for believing you would stick up for someone with your fists against some inane catcalling is juvenile. Also, saying that you would only avoid confrontation because of legal implications is the dead opposite of both "tough" and "intelligent". You should avoid hitting someone (exempting self defense here) because it serves literally no useful purpose except to stroke a pathetically damaged ego, and cannot end well for ANYONE, not because you're afraid of the police.

Mere words cannot justify a battery. That's the law. (I learned that from Judge Wapner on Peoples' Court.)
So the guys were making rude, maybe obscene, comments; so what? Just words. If I were a sweet young thing (and I was once) I'd wear a bikini to the Quickie Mart! So she walks around in her bikini and loves attention, so did I! I don't think she did it to start a fight.

The fault lies entirely with the bf for starting shit. He shoulda smiled, winked and said "Yup, she's hot stuff and she's MINE"! He coulda driven off all puffed up and proud because other guys think she's da bomb...and they can't have her.

mr cb ignored that kind of behavior and grinned because I was HIS, and other guys thought I was hot stuff *sigh* Of course, mr cb is a MAN, and doesn't start shit, participate in shit or think violence is the way you solve problems.

Walk away, man...just walk away. Unless they trying to jump you; then you beat on them all you want! Otherwise, just WALK THE FUCK AWAY.

My observations/thoughts after viewing a 13 minute video from you tube. I just typed in metal bar to face and it came up.

This couple are the ONLY white people in the whole thing

The Bf throws the first punch. Also ran up to the guy to get up in his face

Its dark out and naturally absolutely no reason to still be in just a two piece bikini.

The bf didn't have enough to pay for his smokes and has to make a trip back to the car and returns with small change to get smokes.

The dudes who were commenting were in a group of at least 5. Why a white guy would even begin to fight one against 5 is beyond me.

The bikini caused the altercation yet the girl gets out and paces around the store parking lot in front of several more onlookers. Again beyond me as to the reason for this. I believe she may have still been seeking attention.

You can't see the guy actually throw in the bar.

You can see there's a lot if blood coming from her.

The video is silent

One guy just stands there for most of the show only going back in to get a cigarette and back out to watch. He should have poped some corn.lol

The store is dirty and obviously ghetto.

Police are not seen arriving at all so I assume they didn't.

Black car and white car are sitting in the lot the whole time. White car pops the hood for a minute. Nobody is seen getting in or out of either car.

The boyfriend appears to be trying to get her back in the car when she's pacing. Stays close to like he's trying go cover her up some. I don't blame him.

Many onlookers enjoying the show, nobody gets on their phone to get her help.

Even the clerk comes out to watch a couple of times yet doesn't make a call for help either.

Did I mention, these are the ONLY two whities in the whole video. As jack said, maybe not the best place to have stopped.

I think that's all I got.

There was absolutely no reason for a fight, bf to get mad, or to beg strangers for a handout if you've got insurance.

No shit, "although she has medical and dental insurance"...she doesn't feel like paying the copay!

She should start a gofundme for a smoking cessation program for her dumbass boyfriend and a Yelp app that will warn them away from ghetto shitbox convenience stores.

Pretending you're a better man for believing you would stick up for someone with your fists against some inane catcalling is juvenile. Also, saying that you would only avoid confrontation because of legal implications is the dead opposite of both "tough" and "intelligent". You should avoid hitting someone (exempting self defense here) because it serves literally no useful purpose except to stroke a pathetically damaged ego, and cannot end well for ANYONE, not because you're afraid of the police.

I didn't say I was a better man for sticking up for someone; I simply stated that I could not ignore someone being treated in a demeaning fashion. If I can help or protect another person in need or in danger, I will do it. That you introduced the notion of a "better man" conveys your own percieved shortcomings.

That I said I would not throw the first punch, regardless of motive, clearly conveys I would fight only to defend myself, which you yourself stated was acceptable. So why continue with unflattering verbosity about my supposed faults (juvenile, pathetic, etc), unless you are specifically trying to demean me personally?

PS - This response was originally longer and addressed certain other particulars, but @disgusted4sho 's synopsis of the video cleared up some points of the story so I needn't go into all of those.

So the story is ... a girl with a body of a 12 yr old Chinese boy gets gawked at ..
Her bf freaks out and starts shit .... she gets smashed in the face with a pipe?
... Just another regular day. :shrug::finger: :D

I didn't say I was a better man for sticking up for someone; I simply stated that I could not ignore someone being treated in a demeaning fashion. If I can help or protect another person in need or in danger, I will do it.

I too would stand up to a gang of thugs in a shady neighborhood to defend the honor of my bikini clad girlfriend!

If my girlfriend was Ronda Rousy and she was standing right next to me, ready to kick some ass!

@DIAFplease, if you watched the video as you claim its quite obviouse that its about 10pm and its dark out. Yes, she should not have been wearing a fucking bikini .... Who the fuck does that. The way everybody else was dressed showed that the late night was cool and clothing was necessary. Yes, they should not be stopping at a gas station making confrontation with the black obvious thug like member of the community. Yes, that was stupid of them. Yes she was prancing around more less. There was absolutely no reason for her to get out of the car. Its not like she was waiting for emergency responders or the police. She should have stayed in the car and they should have left to the hospital. Like right away yes. They were at no point smart themselves at any point in the video. Way different, I don't see how you can take what I'm saying and compare it to a rape victine. Wtf?? Her choices were stupid from the get go. Had it been super hot out in the middle of the damn day and they were at a place to get wet I highly doubt the comments would have been so noticable it confrontational to cause a fight, forget the fact it probably wouldn't have even been noticed. It would be normal in that setting. So yes, she was wanting attention.....and boy did she get it. What you are comparing it to is fuct. She didn't get raped. She got her teeth knocked out cause her bf is a douche for wanting to fight. I'm done. Hope this time you can understand what I said without taking it out of context. TIA. Cause I think you are cool and I do usually agree with you but I feel my beliefs are right on this. Just don't think so deep into it I guess.

1. No, it wasn't wrong for a white couple to stop at a hood store.

2. It WAS wrong for him to fight with the 5 guys (no matter what color they were) over remarks (no matter how rude they were)

3. Yes, people should have called for help. I'm honestly wondering why the girlfriend didn't make a call while they were fighting (was her cell dead? was his?) this whole story reeks

OK, honestly. She CAN wear a bikini, but because of shit like this it's really not a good idea. I CAN wear anything I want. I don't because of this little notion called self-preservation. How is stating that having, at the very least, thrown a tank top on, might have prevented her from being treated like a piece of meat racist? I don't get it. Decorum has nothing to do with race. If you think it does you are adding fuel to the racist fire that doesn't need to be there.

Exactly. It's common sense. I'm not about to roll around in ground beef then take a stroll thru a tiger's cage. IJS

Back