• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

But it's not similiar, AT ALL. From the article:

Leo Okenibirhe-Sexton, 11, was excluded from Studio West school in Newcastle after another boy heard him use the word 'n*****' to a classmate.

But his mother Irene Sexton argued it was unfair that Leo, who is of black heritage, was treated as though he had used the term in the context of racist abuse.

She said: 'That's not racism when two mixed-race kids use that language between each other.

'There's a big difference when it's two best friends saying it, as part of black culture
, something they say in the rap songs.

'At the end of the day, I'm white, and if I, or another white person, were to say that, it's not on, but if two mixed-race kids of the same ethnic group choose to say it, it's not racism.

This lady gets it. Why is it so hard to understand?

Some of us choose to embrace it as "our" word now, some of us don't use it. Free speech and all, but be prepared for people to get pissed, and for the possible consequences of your choice. Some of us might want to punch your face.

But it's not similiar, AT ALL. From the article:

This lady gets it. Why is it so hard to understand?

Some of us choose to embrace it as "our" word now, some of us don't use it. Free speech and all, but be prepared for people to get pissed, and for the possible consequences of your choice. Some of us might want to punch your face.

Woah I don't use the word at all personally lol. Just wondered what ppl thought about it. I am not sure the lady gets it though.. he is 11 listening to shit like that and then going ahead and using words that ppl might want to punch him in the face over.

Woah I don't use the word at all personally lol. Just wondered what ppl thought about it. I am not sure the lady gets it though.. he is 11 listening to shit like that and then going ahead and using words that ppl might want to punch him in the face over.

:) i didn't mean you! Just trying to answer the question.

The mom does get it though...the circumstances in which this boy used the word would be deemed acceptable...he's black, and addressed another black friend that way.

For the most part, black society accepts half black people if they accept their blackness, and I can't see anyone being offended, unless they hate the use of word themselves, but then they wouldn't want anyone to say it....

Complicated, it's true. About the simplest part about this is that it's not appropriate for white people to use. Especially as a slur, which is the way this teacher used it.

Last edited:
:) i didn't mean you! Just trying to answer the question.

The mom does get it though...the circumstances in which this boy used the word would be deemed acceptable...he's black, and addressed another black friend that way.

For the most part, black society accepts half black people if they accept their blackness, and I can't see anyonebeing offended, unless they hate the word themselves, but then they wouldn't want anyone to say it....

Fair enough, he can use the word since he accepts his blackness. Think the Mum is lacking in certain areas though, like don't say it at school for example. The rules there must apply to all students. What do you call it if one group of ppl are allowed to do something the others are not?

Fair enough, he can use the word since he accepts his blackness. Think the Mum is lacking in certain areas though, like don't say it at school for example. The rules there must apply to all students. What do you call it if one group of ppl are allowed to do something the others are not?

Basically, it's like the only Black Privilege :rolleyes: :bye:

ETA: I only mentioned that "he accepted his blackness" to help clarify for anyone who thinks it matters. His being half white would not exclude him, from a black perspective...

Last edited:
Basically, it's like the only Black Privilege :rolleyes: :bye:

Ok I realise the word is widely used between friends and don't really have a problem with that but that is for outside school. Feel suspension was maybe a bit much, detention would have put the point across. I feel uncomfortable even hearing the word but that is my hang up I guess, also possibly because it is so rarely heard where I am.

She lucky she didn't get punched in her shit. I know I woulda slugged her

Yea I agree, I woulda rocked her right there, she needed it

This is me wondering why some of you can justify getting violent over a word !
[doublepost=1516973966,1516973756][/doublepost]
Don’t try to get out on me because you are a fucking idiot... The great thing is, I don’t have to call you names, you know what you are. Hope you understood that “jam” IRL...you know?

So you're calling me gutsy in real life and you're right ... compliments all over the place.

Last edited:
That's debatable.

Also debatable

well in order to debate it some of it must be true ... I win again!
[doublepost=1516983865,1516983552][/doublepost]
(Like you are when you sport a swastika tat on your saggy assed tit)

What ... I don't have any nazi tats! I would never get tattoos on my PERKY tits or rather firm ass ... ever ... GROSS.
[doublepost=1516984012][/doublepost]
Get your meds regulated and then let’s talk.

I take my meds ... you can tell by the way it says "lithiumgirl" and Not "I forgot to take medication today girl".
[doublepost=1516984047][/doublepost]
Don't try to reason with her. She lacks common sense.
You know that's not true ... you know it.
[doublepost=1516984137][/doublepost]
What do you call it if one group of ppl are allowed to do something the others are not?

Selective racism ???

An Alabama teacher who was put on leave for using a racial slur in a classroom has resigned.

Former Hoover High school teacher Teddie Butcher’s resignation Thursday follows a Jan. 19 incident in which she used the slur while talking to a student, the Birmingham News reported.

School superintendent Kathy Murphy says Butcher admitted using the slur.

Shenita Morrow says her daughter was playing a Tupac song in class during a portion of class when students are allowed to play music.

The newspaper reports that according to multiple accounts, Butcher used the racial slur when she told Morrow’s daughter to turn it off.

Murphy says Butcher has expressed regret for the incident and “made a most appropriate decision.”
https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/teacher-resigns-after-hurling-racial-slur-over-tupac-song/
[doublepost=1517071579,1517070922][/doublepost]@Prettypink513

Do you think the song that they were listening to is uplifting or part of the problem in our community?

I am interested in your opinion as well as anybody else who would like to respond.

I do have mixed emotions about the song.

For the record I do not allow my children to use that word in the house. I also do not allow my girls to call each other bitches as a term of endearment. I can't stop what they do in the streets but in my house people are called by their name.

I suppose forbidding "all black" students from saying it to each other is also racist? I find it offensive that they use such an awful term on each other, seems a lack of self respect. I also cringe when women call each other bitches as an endearment.
What other obscenities are forbidden in school these days?. Would a student of either sex (oops, gender) be suspended for calling a girl a cunt? Isn't that's considered the ultimate insult for females?
Are kids at least called on using obscenities within a teacher's hearing? In my day, they got in trouble.
Nigger is as bad an obscenity as fuck, shit, cocksucker, mother fucker, etc. They are all bleeped words in the news.

Obscenities should not be used in school, a place where people are supposed to be civil in the same way they need to be when they enter the real world of jobs and dealing with strangers. What children say to each other on the street can't be controlled, but one hopes they are learning some self control, self discipline in their own self interest. (Hopeless wish I know....)
Students should be called on any obscenity overheard in school. Parents should do the same at home.
Should the boy be suspended for making a racist remark? No, he wasn't racist. Should he be suspended for using an obscenity? If that is the school policy, yes. (I'm sure that isn't the policy.) Should he be disciplined for using an obscenity in school? Yes.

In the article the mum says
'At the end of the day, I'm white, and if I, or another white person, were to say that, it's not on, but if two mixed-race kids of the same ethnic group choose to say it, it's not racism.
So if she called her own son it in the same friendly way he did with his friend, it would be racist at worst or cultural appropriation at best. But her son can say it to another child because they belong to a club forbidden even to a loving mother. Makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Fuck me. Maybe some things are just never meant to be grasped or comprehended :penguin: it's like nobody never told you people no! :shifty: ....holy shit, the privilege...
:shrug::gas:

I can only reiterate:

About the simplest part about this is that it's not appropriate for white people to use.

God Bless you (who the cap fit) in your quest to reconcile the actual factuals with your skewed version of reality :finger:
[doublepost=1517120512,1517119919][/doublepost]
IMG

If it's such a harmless little ol' word, why do people who have no business saying it want to say it so bad?

I realize it is just a word but currently it is one that needs to not be used here. Final warning or I'm locking you out of the thread.

@GenericUser123 just ask to eat her twat already. You don't have to shit on me every time I get into it with the bitch. I guess I wasn't supposed to notice :shrug:
[doublepost=1517694475,1517694086][/doublepost]
https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/teacher-resigns-after-hurling-racial-slur-over-tupac-song/
[doublepost=1517071579,1517070922][/doublepost]@Prettypink513

Do you think the song that they were listening to is uplifting or part of the problem in our community?

I am interested in your opinion as well as anybody else who would like to respond.

I do have mixed emotions about the song.

For the record I do not allow my children to use that word in the house. I also do not allow my girls to call each other bitches as a term of endearment. I can't stop what they do in the streets but in my house people are called by their name.

I don't recall the n word being in that particular song at all. He is talking about the stuff he went through growing up and thanking his mom for being there for him no matter what. Here are the complete lyrics to the song for ANYONE who thought they were listening to a profanity laced song. Tupac had a FILTHY mouth. But cussing wasn't ALL he did. He was a poet. He wrote songs AND poetry. But from the outside looking in, people think that he was just a potty mouthed womanizer and that wasn't the case.

"You are appreciated'
When I was young, me and my mama had beef
17 years old, kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
Suspended from school
And scared to go home, I was a fool
With the big boys breaking all the rules
I shed tears with my baby sister, over the years
We was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddies, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminisce on the stress I caused, it was hell
Huggin' on my mama from a jail cell
And who'd think in elementary, hey
I'd see the penitentiary one day?
And running from the police, that's right
Mama catch me, put a whoopin' to my backside
And even as a crack fiend, mama
You always was a black queen, mama
I finally understand
For a woman it ain't easy trying to raise a man
You always was committed
A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how you did it
There's no way I can pay you back, but the plan
Is to show you that I understand; you are appreciated

[Reggie Green and "Sweet Franklin" (2Pac):]
Lady, don't you know we love ya? (Dear Mama)
Sweet lady, place no one above ya (You are appreciated)
Sweet lady, don't you know we love ya?

[2pac:]
Now, ain't nobody tell us it was fair
No love from my daddy, 'cause the coward wasn't there
He passed away and I didn't cry, 'cause my anger
wouldn't let me feel for a stranger
They say I'm wrong and I'm heartless, but all along
I was looking for a father he was gone
I hung around with the thugs
And even though they sold drugs
They showed a young brother love
I moved out and started really hangin'
I needed money of my own, so I started slangin'
I ain't guilty, 'cause even though I sell rocks
It feels good putting money in your mailbox
I love paying rent when the rent is due
I hope you got the diamond necklace that I sent to you
'Cause when I was low you was there for me
And never left me alone, because you cared for me
And I could see you coming home after work late
You're in the kitchen, trying to fix us a hot plate
You just working with the scraps you was given
And Mama made miracles every Thanksgivin'
But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're trying to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back, but my plan

[Reggie Green and "Sweet Franklin" (2Pac):]
Sweet lady, don't you know we love ya?

[2pac:]
Pour out some liquor and I reminisce
'Cause through the drama I can always depend on my mama
And when it seems that I'm hopeless
You say the words that can get me back in focus
When I was sick as a little kid
To keep me happy, there's no limit to the things you did
And all my childhood memories
Are full of all the sweet things you did for me
And even though I act crazy
I gotta thank the Lord that you made me
There are no words that can express how I feel
You never kept a secret, always stayed real
And I appreciate how you raised me
And all the extra love that you gave me
I wish I could take the pain away
If you can make it through the night, there's a brighter day
Everything will be alright if you hold on
It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on
And there's no way I can pay you back, but my plan

[Reggie Green and Sweet Franklin (2Pac):]
Sweet lady, don't you know we love ya? (Dear Mama)
Sweet lady
Lady (Dear Mama)
Lady
Lady'"

Now YA'LL tell ME how offensive this song is compared to the reaction of the teacher

Wait a minute... Isn't it an obscenity just like saying mother fucker or cunt or shit? But it's an obscenity acceptable between blacks but not among non blacks?
Shouldn't children be called on all obscenities uttered in school?
There was no racism in this child's use of the word.
I have a problem with accusing the child of saying something racist.
No problem with disciplining him for uttering an obscenity.

You guys are killing me. Stop it already - Subrosa

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Fuck me. Maybe some things are just never meant to be grasped or comprehended :penguin: it's like nobody never told you people no! :shifty: ....holy shit, the privilege...
:shrug::gas:

I can only reiterate:

God Bless you (who the cap fit) in your quest to reconcile the actual factuals with your skewed version of reality :finger:
[doublepost=1517120512,1517119919][/doublepost]
IMG

I love you so hard.

You deserve lots of awesome for this.

Wait a minute... Isn't it an obscenity just like saying mother fucker or cunt or shit? But it's an obscenity acceptable between blacks but not among non blacks?
Shouldn't children be called on all obscenities uttered in school?
There was no racism in this child's use of the word.
I have a problem with accusing the child of saying something racist.
No problem with disciplining him for uttering an obscenity.

You guys are killing me. Stop it already - Subrosa
There's a difference between an obscenity and a slur, baby. All slurs are obscene, but all obscenities aren't slurs.
[doublepost=1517702249,1517702012][/doublepost]Definition of slur
1 a : an insulting or disparaging remark or innuendo : aspersion
b : a shaming or degrading effect : stain, stigma

Whew.....*wipes forehead*. I thought the debate was back on... @Echasez @FrayedKnot glad y’all are showing love!

This thread was/is exhausting...

Fuck. Just when things level off, someone grabs the shovel and starts digging the hole again...

Last edited:
Sorry guys. To me it's both a slur and an obscenity. Children should not say obscenities in school.
Like when you guys were mad at me and called me a cunt. That's both slur and obscenity.

My kid is in HS and her teachers regularly use "curse words" I assume in an attempt to be "relevant" to the kids. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I find it unprofessional and tacky, but that's just me.

I adhere to the school of "consider your audience", ie: "Don't say 'fuck' in front of Grandma".

At first I was kind of shocked that teacher would say "shit" and "dammit", but no more than openly Christian prayer at school events, which have no place in a PUBLIC SCHOOL.

Gotta love hypocrisy at it zenith. :rolleyes:

I hope she never teaches again.
Because now we know how she really feels.
i hope she never uses that or any other grossly inappropriate word around her students again, but i don't see the issue w her teaching while having any feelings she wants as long as she doesn't insult others or subject students to beliefs they find insulting.
[doublepost=1517791559,1517790921][/doublepost]
Other short people may not find that offensive. Some may. Just like there are fat people who get offended when you call them a whale, and some don't. Gay men who get offended when you call them a fag, some don't.
i think the difference, and the thing lg is trying to get across, is that when a person commonly uses that word to decribe themselves, it's a little racist on their part to only get mad abt it only when those who say it are a certain color aka white. am i right miss lithium?
[doublepost=1517792892][/doublepost]also just want to clairify and make sure i understand this correctly:
saying a certin word is ok ONLY if you are mixed, black, anything BUT WHITE.
but using that same word, that other people use in affection, is only wrong IF YR WHITE.

pretty damn clear that it's racism to say you can or cannot do something...if you happen to be this race/color...just a society sanctioned version of it.

Last edited:
i hope she never uses that or any other grossly inappropriate word around her students again, but i don't see the issue w her teaching while having any feelings she wants as long as she doesn't insult others or subject students to beliefs they find insulting.
[doublepost=1517791559,1517790921][/doublepost]
i think the difference, and the thing lg is trying to get across, is that when a person commonly uses that word to decribe themselves, it's a little racist on their part to only get mad abt it only when those who say it are a certain color aka white. am i right miss lithium?
[doublepost=1517792892][/doublepost]also just want to clairify and make sure i understand this correctly:
saying a certin word is ok ONLY if you are mixed, black, anything BUT WHITE.
but using that same word, that other people use in affection, is only wrong IF YR WHITE.

pretty damn clear that it's racism to say you can or cannot do something...if you happen to be this race/color...just a society sanctioned version of it.

I get if you use a term or label in good faith. But if a person to whom that verbiage is directed asks you to stop, because offensive....then stop. It ain’t no skin off your back and you can pull back from being an asshole. Win/win.

Most folks that ask you to stop are very understanding that you are innocently using the term.

I normally do not chime into threads but will in this instance. Specifically now, because it is the main reason it isn't acceptable here. Using racial epithets, especially that one, is dehumanizing language.

An excerpt from a teacher's guide on Huckleberry Finn
In the United States, it was first regarded as pejorative in the early nineteenth century. In the era of enslavement, the words "nigger" or "black" were inserted in front of a common American first name (e.g., John), given to a slave to distinguish the slave from any local white person with the same name. While usage of the word in African American culture is complex in that it can be used affectionately, politically, or pejoratively, the epithet is considered an abusive slur when used by white people.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/teachers/huck/section1_2.html

You shouldn't need any further reason than that to not use it.

Last edited:
Back