• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iowa-teach...=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

A substitute teacher from Iowa who had sex with a student for much of the 2015-16 academic year has blamed the school where she worked, according to reports on Wednesday 27 July. Mary Beth Haglin admitted having sex with a 17-year-old boy in the Cedar Rapids Community School District.

Now, Haglin has blamed education officials for her indiscretions claiming that they failed to stop her and subsequently "allowed" a relationship to blossom between the pair. Haglin worked at the George Washington High School and was arrested on Friday 22 July on suspicion of sexual exploitation of a minor.

Haglin faces a prison sentence of up to two years and the possibility of having to register as a sex offender for the next 10 years. She was released from custody on Saturday 23 July and gave a series of interviews with local media saying that school officials knew what was going on and that they are to blame for her indiscretions.

"These people all knew what was going on, and yet hey turned a blind eye because they wanted to protect their school. They didn't want it to get into the limelight," Haglin told
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/oklahoma-t...tudent-prompting-lawsuit-teens-father-1504128
KGAN-TV, saying she first had sex with the teenager in October 2015. "They allowed this to happen. They knew in February."

Officials at the school did not report the incident to police and cited a miscommunication with a local agency SubCentral, a multi-district database for substitute teachers, and allowed her to stay in her job until May.

Like you didn't know you weren't supposed to have "relationships" with someone you had authority over.

They didn't ban me," Haglin told the Cedar Rapids Gazette. "They never actually said they were banning me from school grounds, they never said they were banning me from working at any other school, they never said they were banning me from thus-and-so many feet of any school. They never said any of that."

Quote from Ms. Haglin from the original link.

I guess an actual house has to fall on her head for her to get it.

Sex offender status for screwing a seventeen year old...what a waste. 10 years of sex offender status probably equates to 1year plus per second. :meh:

I wonder if this is more her simply lashing out and trying to fuck the school over. What juicy ammunition for the rape victims lawyers when time comes to seek damages from the school. Good on her for doin that. Pretty funny. I bet the school district officials are so fucking furious watching this play out right now.

She looks like a real skanky bimbo though. I hope she overpaid for her college education and teaching degree, all of which will be rendered completely useless now. Have fun payin that back waiting tables ya dumb bitch.

the dude is 17. i remember 17 very well. she shouldn't be prosecuted

Well, yes she should actually. I get that he's basically a legal consenting adult and if she wasn't one of his teachers no one would blink twice. She's in a position of authority as his teacher which is where the law gets involved. He could be 18 and she'd still get prosecuted if he's her student.

Her lawsuit is fucking ridiculous though, but I also wonder like @JackBurton if she's doing one of those "if I'm going down, your ass is too." They probably won't rule that the school is at fault FOR the relationship but it will raise an eyebrow or 2 if indeed, they knew about it and let her continue her position even for a month!

Her lawsuit is fucking ridiculous though, but I also wonder like @JackBurton if she's doing one of those "if I'm going down, your ass is too." They probably won't rule that the school is at fault FOR the relationship but it will raise an eyebrow or 2 if indeed, they knew about it and let her continue her position even for a month!

If i was an official at that school, i'd be calling out the teachers union as the reason they couldn't/didn't fire her on the spot. Turn that shit around real quick and use this whole thing to their advantage. Remove potential blame while putting shade on those other asshats.

I really don't get it, I have two 19 year olds who moved out last year and I am still trying to get rid of the smell of sweat and acne medicine. Not to mention being in the same room as a 17 year old boy and listening to him talk makes my brain itchy and causes my face to contort with such shock at the dumbassedness that it starts to hurt.

She will be on Backpage offering teacher/student sex role playing any minute now.
It is all she is fit for, funneling hogs of over anxious guys trying to pop one off.

She looks like a dope, did not know how to keep her legs crossed...hell bone a frigging college kid...they are legal.

The school board is missing a terrific opportunity here.
Make her teach sex ed.
Class will be full and so will she.

Doubly proven by the fact that she is 24 and still posting selfies taken in the bathroom.
They keep filing cabinet in bathroom now?

I remember 17 and we sure as hell didn't have any teachers like her back then. They were all fat, ugly and old. Except for Miss Hara.......

That's like blaming the supermarket for getting fat. Because the store made it easy to purchase fattening food.
Yea if she plays her cards right she could sue them and win just like the fat bitch who sued Mcdonald's for getting fat and won lol
[doublepost=1471453994,1471453840][/doublepost]
If this woman fucked my son I would punch her out.

When he wanted to stop fucking her and the crazy began...i would fucking kill her,
Okay what if he went from getting F's to to A's? Lol Just kidding

Id kill the bitch too!

Okay what if he went from getting F's to to A's?

It wouldn't be by his own merit and I would kill her.

Seriously I would knock this bitch out just for sniffing our way....PARASITES can fuck right off.

If some psycho used my kid to build herself up then I would gladly sit in

jail to make sure she broke her selfie habit because toothless now...i would literally

knock her teeth out.

They keep filing cabinet in bathroom now?

I remember 17 and we sure as hell didn't have any teachers like her back then. They were all fat, ugly and old. Except for Miss Hara.......
I remember wanting to bang my math teacher as a senior. He couldn't of been any older than 25. Lol

I remember wanting to bang my math teacher as a senior. He couldn't of been any older than 25. Lol

I remember wanting to be mighty mouses girlfriend, being in love with Luke Duke, and

B.J. from B.j. and the bear...but if they tried to come to my house and date me at eight...same,

my parents would have killed them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/20/iowa-teacher-sex-student-dr-phil/92447690/
[....]
On Monday, she appeared on Dr. Phil, accusing the student of seducing her and sharing sexy photos with his friends.

“Many people see him as the victim and me as the perpetrator. From a psychological standpoint and from every other standpoint, I feel like I am the victim,” Haglin said on the Dr. Phil show, citing the student's intelligence and “elevated vocabulary” as part of the seduction.

Haglin pleaded not guilty to sexual exploitation by a school employee. Her trial is set to start on Nov. 14, although she has asked to move the trial out of Linn County due to pretrial publicity.

Cedar Rapids Community School District barred Haglin from teaching at district schools after an investigation, but through a miscommunication, she continued to work as an elementary substitute at the end of the 2015-2016 school year, the Associated Press reported.

In August, Washington High School principal Ralph Plagman was asked to resign after the district determined he had participated in an ineffective initial investigation into accusations about Haglin's conduct. A spokesperson for the Cedar Rapids Public School District did not respond to an email requesting comment.
[....]
She met the boy when she was a student teacher at Washington High School in Cedar Rapids. At the time, she was 23 and the student was 17.

She started chatting with the boy on Facebook and through text in September 2015, and the relationship became physical in October 2015, she said. On the show, she said she was vulnerable and confided in the student.

“One night after a particularly bad night with my boyfriend, we had gotten into a big fight, and the next day I looked at his message and thought, ‘I’m just going to respond.’”

Haglin admitted having sex daily with the student in her car at a public park, in his car, at his mother’s house and at his father’s house.

In Iowa, teachers are prohibited from having sexual contact with students, even if the student is 18. Teachers are prohibited from having sexual contact with former students for at least 30 days following graduation.

The student sent her sexy notes, and Haglin thought she could keep the nine-month relationship secret.
[....]
She sent the student naked pictures, some graphic, which he shared with his friends.

“You have got to be dumber than a box of rocks to share naked pictures with a 17-year-old boy,” Dr. Phil McGraw said about halfway through the show.

Two students spotted the couple in her car in June, captured the scene on video and posted it on Twitter.

Haglin then told McGraw that she tried to get out of the relationship, but the student said he would “light a match and burn down (her) life.” Haglin said she was scared to leave the relationship.

Haglin was fired from her teaching position and now works as a stripper using the name “Bambi.”

McGraw offered Haglin help finding counseling and a new career besides stripping.

Her makeup and hair is very teenage in that selfie.. Not professional, not adult. But I'm not knowledgeable about current fashions.

"McGraw offered Haglin help finding counseling and a new career besides stripping.". Don't worry Dr Phil, "Bambi" has found her true medium.

February 17, 2017

A judge on Friday sentenced former Washington High substitute teacher Mary Beth Haglin to 90 days in jail for having a sexual relationship — that started in 2015 and continued into last year — with a 17-year-old Washington High student.

Sixth Judicial District Judge Kevin McKeever said he didn’t think a deferred judgment and probation, as recommended by defense, and 180 days in jail, as recommended by prosecutor, were appropriate.

McKeever said he had considered all the facts of the case and both recommendations, but he believed the appropriate sentence was 360 days in jail. He did, however, suspend 270 days, which requires Haglin to serve 90 days in jail. He also placed her on supervised probation for two years.

Haglin, 25, of Cedar Rapids, was found guilty by McKeever in December of sexual exploitation by a school employee, an aggravated misdemeanor. She agreed to a bench or nonjury trial based on the “minutes of testimony,” a limited summary of evidence the prosecution would present at trial.

In addition to the jail time, Haglin also will have to serve a special sentence of parole for 10 years and be placed on the sex offender registry for 10 years due to the nature of the offense.

McKeever also warned her that because this is a sexual offense she would be subject to an enhanced penalty — more prison time — for any future conviction.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/n...-mary-beth-haglin-to-90-days-in-jail-20170217

she said she was vulnerable and confided in the student.
This is abuse. We mine for this shit at work.
“Many people see him as the victim and me as the perpetrator. From a psychological standpoint and from every other standpoint, I feel like I am the victim,” Haglin said on the Dr. Phil show,
I can't believe she said this on national tv and didn;t get ten years.
in his car, at his mother’s house and at his father’s house.
Sounds like a reason to punch some out right there.
Haglin was fired from her teaching position and now works as a stripper using the name “Bambi.”
Haha!
yep she should have went there first.
I know that's what i did. I told @Caligirl90 that i wanted to work with the Developmentally disabled, but its a toss up really, I might get a teaching certificate instead.
McKeever also warned her that because this is a sexual offense she would be subject to an enhanced penalty — more prison time — for any future conviction.
for some reason i think this judge is just toying with her now, kind of knows she is going to fuck this up down the street and round the corner.

Back