• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
25A9407600000578-2952808-image-m-12_1423875205915.jpg

25B9582C00000578-2955202-image-a-272_1424068475153.jpg

I really feel for the daughter, I don't know if I'd want to get behind the wheel again after something like this happening...you know she will blame herself. :(

Tammy Meyers, 44, had just finished taking her 15-year-old daughter out for a driving lesson when a man shot her outside her home on Thursday.

[...]

In addition to surveillance footage of the car believed to have been used by the shooter in the incident, police have also released a sketch of the suspect.
He has been described as a man in his mid-20s, standing 6-feet tall, weighing about 180 pounds with spiked dirty blond hair and blue or hazel eyes.
Police say the car he was driving, seen in the footage, is a gray or silver four-door sedan that may have damage to the front and side of the vehicle.

Meyers' bereaved husband has vowed to find the suspect, and the two other accomplices who were in the car along with him.
'My word to them is I hope the cops find them first and it’s not me,' Robert Meyers said. 'I have four kids. I just want to let you suspects know you took a mom away.'

[...]

Mrs Meyers let her daughter take the wheel of the family's green Buick Park Avenue in a nearby school parking lot when a silver four-door sedan that had been following them passed and hit the brakes, Robert Meyers said.
She steered around the car and continued driving home. Meyers said she sent their daughter into the house before the shooting.
He described the girl as emotionally distraught.
Meyers said their adult son emerged from their house and fired several shots with a handgun at the fleeing car.
Meyers said he thinks at least one 9mm shot by his 23-year-old son hit the fleeing car, and he called for the assailants to surrender to police.

[...]

Meyers, 49, said he was in Los Angeles on business when the shooting occurred. He said he believed the two cars crashed at some point; the Buick had slight damage to molding on the passenger side.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rder-mother-just-teaching-daughter-drive.html

So did the vehicles get into an accident or not? The father thinks they 'might have', but wouldn't the daughter know for sure? Wouldn't they have all stopped and exchanged info if this was the case? I can't imagine that a mother teaching a kid to drive would also teach her to flee the scene of an accident. But why else would the guy follow them, obviously pissed enough to kill? Very mysterious.

This is fucked up you don't kill someone over a fender bender, father knows what happened, but as usual when you only get one side of the story, you get a version that is favorable to the one doing the talking
A few years back gang members were diving at night with their lights off
If you flashed them to let them know they would shoot you, need to wait for some facts on this one
Interesting the son had a gun at the ready to come out shooting at the other car

Last edited:
One article I read said she'd called into the house on her phone asking for help while she sent the daughter inside.

IMO, the article is written strangely and leaves more questions than definitive information, but I *think* that it may have been a longer event than initial reading would imply.

A plausible scenario would be harassment that occurred during the entire driving time. I imagine that the daughter's driving somehow angered the shooters and there may have been more indications of road rage than just a surprising and unexpected attack as they reached the house. Usually if someone is that pissed off, they're going to be tailgating, making rude gestures, yelling, etc. The only way the story makes sense is if there was some indication to both the mom and daughter that there was potential danger and that they somehow communicated to the dad and brother on their way home.

The mother is specifically said to have sent her daughter inside before the incident occurred, and the son was able to run out to respond in a quick enough manner to have perhaps even hit the other car. The way it sounds and if the other poster was correct about how the daughter or mom was calling for help as they entered the house, the shooters were likely on their tails the entire time or threatening in some way to make them go into semi defensive actions.

The son having a revolver doesn't really shock me, maybe because of where I have been raised and my own thoughts on the matter. I would like to consider the victims and victim family in the best light possible for now and just assume that he has the proper documentation for the gun and not because of some illegal habits he has himself. So to assume that most people who are lawfully using and owning firearms are typically not really armed at all times, there may have been some warning in some advance so that he was able to respond that quickly. If the situation happened as a completely unanticipated incident without a warning either from calling home on the way about the harassment or the daughter screaming as she ran in, I think the initial reaction would have been shock, like "WTF, that sounds like gunshots!" and then be too late to hit the shooters at all.

I wonder if the shooters know the family, and there's something else going on behind closed doors. This just doesn't sound like your average daily road rage.

This is really heartbreaking. :( I'm in agreement that there seems to be a lot missing from the details and the circumstances are confusing me as to what set this off. It's really tragic she felt it best to go home instead of dialing 911 or driving to the police station and getting some backup. You don't know what's in people's heads and the last thing you want is to reveal to crazy people where you live. They may do nothing, or they might come back later to settle the score.

This is really heartbreaking. :( I'm in agreement that there seems to be a lot missing from the details and the circumstances are confusing me as to what set this off. It's really tragic she felt it best to go home instead of dialing 911 or driving to the police station and getting some backup. You don't know what's in people's heads and the last thing you want is to reveal to crazy people where you live. They may do nothing, or they might come back later to settle the score.

Las Vegas mother of four killed in a road rage shooting last week got in her car with her adult son and his gun and drove around their neighborhood looking for the assailant who ended up shooting her in a residential cul-de-sac, police said Tuesday.
In a change from earlier accounts, police Lt. Ray Steiber said 44-year-old Tammy Meyers had her teenage daughter run in the house to fetch her armed son, who then went with her as she drove to find the driver who had earlier stopped his car in front of hers, got out and approached her with angry words.
Despite earlier police accounts, Steiber said homicide detectives don't believe the suspect's car and Meyers' green Buick Park Avenue sedan ever collided, or that the suspects initially followed Meyers and her daughter home.
http://news.yahoo.com/police-vegas-fatal-driving-lesson-shooting-case-225552691.html
http://news.yahoo.com/police-vegas-fatal-driving-lesson-shooting-case-225552691.html

Well, the son didn't hesitate to go with her so he would've gotten himself killed. He's old enough to know better than that. Dumb bitch was going to have someone shot over words, so looks like she's the thug in this case. Well, a poser anyway since she wasn't even going to do it herself. The moral of the story is don't go looking for trouble, because it will find you.

Oh. Well now this is just a different story.

I said in my original posted that I was purposely attempting to approach the story with the idea that the victims were truly victims, and it seems like at least a couple truly were. That's because the victims in this story are the dead woman's children, not her.

Now her children will have to decide what they'll be, the ones who perpetuate the cycle and create more victims, or the ones who finally understand that it is impossible to be a victim forever, just as a child becomes an adult regardless of success levels, victims eventually choose who they are, and that choosing to be a victim is actually impossible, the moment the decision to remain helpless is made, one has chosen to be a victimizer.

I suppose this illustrates perfectly what everyone was up in arms about on the other thread when the idiot mother got out to beat the other driver up. This is the exact shit that can happen in situations of road rage.

The Las Vegas “road rage” victim's family says it is returning its GoFundMe money after donors complained that the family had withheld key information about the deadly encounter.

Police revealed this week that Tammy Meyers and her armed son got in a car to look for the driver with whom she had a dispute last Thursday. She had been teaching her 15-year old daughter how to drive in the parking lot of a nearby school.

The fundraising page's original post read, "The suspects followed Tammy and her daughter home and opened fire." The campaign had raised about $6,000.
The GoFundMe page is no longer available.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=29073108

Back