• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
FRESNO, CA – A suspected burglar is dead after a homeowner started a fire in his fireplace, not realizing the man had become stuck inside his chimney.

The homeowner called police after he started the fire and heard someone yelling inside his chimney. The man said he desperately tried putting out the fire as his home filled with smoke.

Ten minutes after starting the fire, the man was still alive and kicking inside the chimney. But by time rescuers began dismantling the chimney to pull him out, he was dead.

The dead man’s identity has not been released at this time. Investigators say it looks as if he’d gotten stuck after climbing down the chimney the day before in an attempt to rob the home.

“I’ve been a deputy for almost 17 years now, and I’ve never seen anything like this,” said Fresno County sheriff’s Deputy Jake Jensen. Readers of DD have – sort of.

Earlier this year, the body of Joshua Maddox was discovered in the chimney of an abandoned cabin. The teen had been missing since 2008 and it appears he attempted to get into the cabin by climbing down the chimney when he got stuck. Burglars aren’t the only people we’ve reported on getting stuck inside chimneys.

Two other stories we featured involved crazy women. Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa got stuck in a chimney at the home of a man she met online. She was lucky and was eventually rescued. Jacquelyn Kotarac was not so lucky. Her body was discovered in the chimney of an ex=boyfriend after someone noticed a foul smelling liquid dripping into the fireplace.

This story makes me want to start singing Christmas songs :D
.... it's that jolly/homey/cozy time of year <3<3

and... sorry dude :shrug: maybe you shouldn't be a crackhead who tries to rip people off :finger:

Wow never thought about it before but that may be the worst way to die (in my opinion). Claustrophobic... Darkness... Not being able to move... And fucking fire. Even without the fire, still sounds like hell.

whatever happened to just breaking out a window? seems like it would be a whole lot easier than climbing on someones roof and then trying to drop down their chimney.

whatever happened to just breaking out a window? seems like it would be a whole lot easier than climbing on someones roof and then trying to drop down their chimney.

WORD....Do you not know how to boot in a door? How much you want to bet that the home owner didn't really try that hard to put the fire out? Its not like the guy stuck in his chimney got lost on his way to the front door to sing carols ... nope...Robber/Bad Guy

images

Random pic
A man who allegedly attempted to burglarize a California home by sneaking into the chimney has died after the homeowner lit a fire in the fireplace, authorities say.

According to the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office, the homeowner returned home just before 3 p.m. on November 28 and lit a fire in his fireplace. Soon after, the homeowner began hearing screams coming from inside his chimney.

At the same time, the man’s house began to fill with smoke. He attempted to extinguish the fire and alerted authorities.

Firefighters arrived on scene and discovered a 19-year-old man, identified as Cody Caldwell, inside of the man’s chimney, the sheriff’s office said in a press release.

Caldwell initially appeared to be breathing and moving inside of the chimney. However, as the firefighters dismantled the chimney in an attempt to rescue Caldwell, “it was discovered that he was dead,” the press release states.

Caldwell's cause of death was determined to be smoke inhalation and thermal burns.

Investigators believe the teen climbed into the chimney sometime Friday night in an attempt to burglarize the home and became stuck, authorities said. The homeowner returned home the following afternoon and lit a fire, unaware that anyone was inside of the chimney.

An investigation is ongoing.

Detectives are interviewing witnesses and examining evidence to try and learn more details about the case.

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-gr...y-dies-after-homeowner-lights-fire-police-say

I know I'm an ass, but this is hilarious! Dumb Fuck gets stuck in the chimney...lol. Even if he would have been rescued by the fire dept before he died, he would have just had to kill himself later. You can't tell people your stupid ass tried to rob someone and got stuck in the chimney and then set on fucking fire! I do feel bad for the homeowner though. Not because he's going to have to live with the fact that he killed someone for the rest of his life or anything like that, but simply because he is going to have to move out of that house. I bet the smell of burnt ass hair and skin stays in a house for quite a while.

Did they have to break into the chimney in order to get the fucker out? Hopefully the homeowners insurance covers the damages. That's the saddest thing about this is if his house had to be torn up.

and then set on fucking fire!

I would think he'd die of smoke inhalation, not being burned to death. Fire doesn't shoot all the way up a chimney when you have a fireplace lit.

Back