• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Sorry if titles screwed up I got completely baffled with her being female cop listed as a male on her licence

3534k6u.jpg
Susan Campbell​
5nnrmf.jpg
Sgt. Lynne Benton​
May 30, 2011
GLADSTONE, Ore. -- A body was found at a Gladstone Beauty Salon and police think she may have been murdered.
Investigators said Debbie Lee Higbee was found dead inside the Gladstone Beauty Salon at 430 Portland Avenue on Saturday. Higbee, 54, also went by last name of Benton.
Police said Higbee's long-term partner was Gladstone sergeant Lynne Benton (pictured at right) but investigators have not said if they believe that had anything to do with her death. Benton was on duty Saturday night when Higbee was found dead.
A search warrant, sitting in the victim's vehicle Tuesday revealed it was a homicide investigation.
Investigators are asking that anyone that may have been in the area of the Gladstone Beauty Salon on Saturday between 3:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to contact police with any information that might aid in the investigation,â€￾ said officer Ulli Neitch with the Milwaukie Police Department.
Since the victim had been involved with a Gladstone police officer, the Milwaukie Police Department took over the investigation, which is normal protocol.
Investigators have not told the media exactly how they believe Higbee died. People interviewed near the salon by KGW said that detectives told them she had been shot. But another man said detectives told him she was strangled.
Higbee owned the hair salon and had also worked there the past 20 years
[...]
http://www.kgw.com/home/Police-probe-suspicious-death-at-Gladstone-Beauty-Salon-122829639.html
2iivrps.jpg
Debbie Lee Higbee​

June 6, 2011
GLADSTONE -- The woman accused of murdering a Gladstone hair stylist has confessed to police, according to court documents obtained by KGW.
The court documents said that that Susan Campbell, 54, told Oregon State Police she was alone with Debbie Lee Higbee as she closed the salon on the day of her death. The court documents went on to say that Campbell admitted she "was involved in her [Higbee's] death."
Police also said, "Campbell admitted to participating in intentionally causing the death of the victim" and that investigators have recovered a handgun of the same caliber as one used in Higbee's murder, according to the court documents.
Campbell was scheduled to be arraigned in court Monday and she was being held without bail. She was arrested at her home on Ipswich Street in Gladstone last Friday. Police would only say she is an "acquaintance" of the victim.
The documents also said that Campbell knew details of the killing that had not been made public.
Background: Gladstone hairdresser death a homicide
Higbee was found dead last Saturday inside a beauty salon, was once married to Gladstone police sergeant Lynne Benton.
According to a report first published in The Oregonian, Sgt. Benton and Higbee took out a marriage license application last October in Clackamas County. Benton, who had earlier changed her middle name to Edward, listed herself as male, the paper reported.
They were married Oct. 28 in a civil ceremony performed by city pro tem Judge Linda G. Beloof, the Oregonian reported. Oregon law only recognizes marriages between a man and a woman, but the clerk's office doesn't require gender documentation, the paper reported.
[...]
http://www.kgw.com/home/Report-Gladstone-officer-was-married-to-murder-victim-123112373.html

2yy8iex.jpg
Susan Campbell​
Dec 16 2011
GRESHAM, Ore -- A detective testifying during a bail hearing Thursday said he believes a Gladstone police sergeant was involved in the murder of her estranged spouse last May at a hair salon.
The bail hearing was being held for 53-year old Susan Campbell, the woman accused of killing Deborah Lee Higbee-Benton. The Gladstone hair dresser was found dead on May 28th and according to court papers, Campbell confessed.
But even after that confession, multiple police sources indicated that investigators were taking a close look at Sgt. Lynne Benton after the death of her spouse. They were investigating a possible murder plot in which the sergeant hired Campbell, who was her best friend, to kill Higbee-Benton.
Sgt. Benton's Oregon driver's license lists the gender as male, although Lynne was born as a woman. In court Thursday, Benton was referred to as both "she" and "he" and Higbee-Benton was described as the sergeant's estranged wife.
During testimony Thursday, detective Brad Edwards, with the Oregon City Police Bureau, said that Sgt. Benton offered $2,000 to have her estranged wife killed.
"Lynne Benton had wanted this done a substantial time before and was actually getting irritated that Debbie Higbee ha not been killed any sooner," Edwards testified.
Defense attorneys questioned the proof to back up those allegations. They said there was no record of a $2,000 money transfer and the detective testified that investigators were still reviewing bank records.
Edwards also testified that the suspected motive in the murder plot had to do with Benton's job as a police sergeant. He said that Benton abused her wife and was concerned that if allegations of domestic violence went public, she could get fired.
Higbee-Benton was severely beaten and shot to death. The medical examiner described the violent murder as "kill, kill and overkill."
Sgt. Benton has been on bereavement leave since the murder. She has not been arrested but is the target of a criminal investigation. Gladstone Police Chief James Pryde said he could not comment on the case, due to personnel matters.
[...]
http://www.kgw.com/news/Court-testi...tranged-wife-killed-135676458.html?hpt=ju_bn6

Goodness gracious, you almost need a super secret decoder ring to figure out who's who in this thing, or I'm still sicker than I thought! LOL

Goodness gracious, you almost need a super secret decoder ring to figure out who's who in this thing, or I'm still sicker than I thought! LOL

yeah I know and my mom was talking to me at the same time
Completely screwed me up lol

YOu did good, you can't help it if these people lives are like Valley of the Dolls or Peyton Place.

I was just in jail with this sick psycho.. stuck in 23 hour lock down, just her and i for 2 mths, she doesnt even feel bad about what she and lynn did,, this woman kept the gun because she forgot to get rid of it right away. she is now more concerned that her husband who has been hospitalized twice for alcoholism and almost died, that he is still making the life insurance payments, and then says, well he could at least hang on until november of 2012 when we will have been married 10yrs and i can get death benefits.. selfish and apparently money hungry

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamas...x-gladstone_cop_sentenced_to.html#incart_2box
-a743c657ef5f0e8d.JPG

A former Gladstone police sergeant who arranged the 2011 death of his wife in her beauty salon was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Lynn Edward Benton made no statements before a Clackamas County judge imposed the sentence. The decision arrived four days after a jury found Benton guilty of aggravated murder, criminal conspiracy to commit aggravated murder and attempted murder in the death of Debbie Higbee Benton. The salon store owner was found shot, beaten and strangled in a storage room in her shop in May 2011.

Although Benton's sentencing brings some finality to the long-running murder case, Higbee Benton's death could be at the center of two more trials. Benton's longtime friend, Susan Campbell, and her son Jason Jaynes also are accused of aggravated murder in the case. Jaynes is scheduled for trial in March. No trial date is set yet for Campbell.
[....]
In an agreement signed Tuesday, Benton waived his right to a sentence decided by a jury and agreed to accept a prison term of life without parole. Jurors could have imposed the death penalty, life without parole or a life sentence with the possibility of parole after 30 years. He can still appeal his sentence.

Benton met Higbee Benton in 2008, and they married in October 2010. Born Lynne Irene Benton, the sergeant spent the majority of his law enforcement career as a female. He began to transition to male in 2010, before he wed Higbee Benton. He legally changed his name to Lynn Edward Benton.

The couple's relationship began to deteriorate after Benton's transition. He moved out of their Gladstone home a month before his wife's death.

According to witness testimony, Higbee Benton had disclosed that Benton once pinned her arm behind her back and slammed her into a wall, causing her to tear her rotator cuff. She also claimed Benton pinned her against a wall with his forearm against her throat on another occasion.

Prosecutors said Benton wanted his wife dead in part to prevent domestic violence allegations from affecting his job. Benton offered Campbell and Jaynes $2,000 to kill Higbee Benton, prosecutors said. He also made an earlier attempt on his wife's life by trying to give her an overdose of fentanyl, prosecutors said.
[....]
The sentencing means an ongoing civil case against Benton can move forward. A $900,000 wrongful death lawsuit filed by Higbee Benton's mother, Irene Berg, has been on hold since May 2016, pending the outcome of the murder trial.

Benton also faces separate charges in Multnomah County of unlawful possession of a controlled substance. The charges stemmed from the time of his arrest, when police found fentanyl prescribed to Higbee Benton. The case is currently on appeal as Benton's attorneys and prosecutors argue over the search warrants used in the case to obtain the drugs.

Wow. Talk about absolutely convoluted. Just get a fucking divorce and keep your hands to yourself.

Latest posts

Back