• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
2u4lh6q.jpg

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has died at the age of 79, a government source and family friend told CNN on Saturday.

Scalia died in his sleep during a visit to Texas.

The first Italian-American to sit on the nation's highest court, Scalia was a conservative in thought, but not in personality.

The jaunty jurist was able to light up, or ignite, a room with his often brash demeanor and wicked sense of humor, grounded always in a profound respect for American law and its constitutional traditions.

"What can I say," was a favorite phrase of the man colleagues knew as "Nino." As it turned out, quite a lot.

"Justice Scalia had an irrepressibly pugnacious personality," said Edward Lazarus, a former Supreme Clerk law clerk who wrote about the experience in "Closed Chambers."

"And even in his early years of the Court, that came out at oral argument when he was the most aggressive questioner. And behind the scenes, where the memos he would write-- what were called 'Ninograms'-- inside the court had a real galvanizing effect on the debate among the justices."

A sharp mind combined with a sharp pen allowed Scalia to make his point, both to the pleasure and disappointment of his colleagues and the public.

"He could be belligerent, he was obviously very candid about he felt about things," said Joan Biskupic, a USA Today reporter who wrote a biography of Scalia. "He loved to call it as he saw it, completely not politically correct. In fact, he prided himself on not being PC on the bench in court."

His New York and Mediterranean roots -- "I'm an Italian from Queens" he was fond of saying-- helped fashion a love of words and debate, combining street smarts with a well-calculated conservative view of the law and its limits on society.

"He was very good with audiences that weren't predisposed to like him," said Paul Clement, a former Scalia law clerk. "He was incredibly disarming and charming in his own way."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/13/politics/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-dies-at-79/index.html

I was never a fan of him but I have to admit he was a definite presence. I think he used his 'roots' card entirely too much as an excuse for some of his whacked out dissents. His position on life without parole for a 14 year old springs to mind...

A few of his web quotes:
In a big family the first child is kind of like the first pancake. If it's not perfect, that's okay, there are a lot more coming along.

Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached.

A search is a search, even if it happens to disclose nothing but the bottom of a turntable.

I wish I could say, "he'll be missed.":shrug:

Thankfully, I don't think the other asshole ever speaks.

Appointed by Reagan, this is a HUGE win for democrats. Obama will be able to place yet another judge before he leaves office. Def the biggest and most significant bit of political power a president has, supreme court judge appointments.

Heh... Republicans can go ahead and drag this one out. Odds are good that the next President will appoint an even more "radical" selection than Obama would, and their messing around will probably kill some congressional seats for them.

Heh... Republicans can go ahead and drag this one out. Odds are good that the next President will appoint an even more "radical" selection than Obama would, and their messing around will probably kill some congressional seats for them.
Yea, last election sure hurt them
All those lost seats;)
What radical liberals don't realize is the masses are sick and tired of them and their self-centered PC bullshit, it showed in the last election
Going to keep getting worse for libtards

Yea, last election sure hurt them
All those lost seats;)
What radical liberals don't realize is the masses are sick and tired of them and their self-centered PC bullshit, it showed in the last election
Going to keep getting worse for libtards

Nothing like this happened during the last election. It's February. If Republicans block a SCOTUS appointment all the way until a new President is sitting, that will absolutely hurt them.

Nothing like this happened during the last election. It's February. If Republicans block a SCOTUS appointment all the way until a new President is sitting, that will absolutely hurt them.
;)

The Democrats took their final drubbing of the 2014 midterm election Dec. 6 with the decisive defeat of Sen. Mary Landrieu in the Louisiana Senate runoff. The election of U.S. Rep. Bill Cassidy means Republicans will hold 54 seats in the new Senate.

Assessing the Democratic plight, one-time Republican consultant turned news analyst Matthew Dowd said President Barack Obama had overseen historic losses for his party.

"President Obama has demonstrated he’s very good at winning his own elections," Dowd said on ABC’s This Week on Dec. 7, 2014. "But in modern times, he has lost more members of the House and more members of the Senate than any president ever has lost."
http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...esident-obama-lost-more-democratic-seats-con/

Obama has lost nearly 70 House seats since taking office
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ost-nearly-70-house-seats-since-taking-office

Last edited:
Not that I am one of them, but if you've read the sequence of events, odd shit DID go down. Even Dr. Baden says an autopsy should have been done. If only to allay the rumors.
Well, I am one of them, but I haven't given much credence to this particular story. However...I haven't read all the details...now you've piqued my interest...I'll have to check it out.

"He could be belligerent, he was obviously very candid about he felt about things," said Joan Biskupic, a USA Today reporter who wrote a biography of Scalia. "He loved to call it as he saw it, completely not politically correct. In fact, he prided himself on not being PC on the bench in court."

God bless his honesty.

I think the Newer America needs to build their foundation on honesty and accountability. This New America was built on lies and finger pointing. Sad really.

We need truth and responsibility! A sense of accountability needs to be restored in America! Then it can trickle its way down to Canada and the whole damn continent will be on its way to respectability! Well.... Except for Mexico of course.

Last edited:
See, what happened was, Obama's henchmen went through the underground tunnels that begin at Wal-Mart. Somehow they avoided the aliens that live in the tunnels, went to the house in Texas, and poisoned Scalia.
OOPS. Not Wal-Mart. The closed Wal-Marts. The new reeducation camps. Jade helm.

As a senator from Illinois, Obama and 23 other senators attempted to stage a filibuster to block a confirmation vote on Alito, one of former President George W. Bush’s picks to serve on the bench. The filibuster bid failed and Alito was confirmed.

Conservatives have seized on Obama’s filibuster vote to accuse him of hypocrisy for criticizing Republicans for saying the next president, and not Obama, should nominate Scalia’s successor.
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...grets-his-filibuster-of-supreme-court-nominee

Back