• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...flock-sheep-home-thanks-overzealous-sheepdog/
TELEMMGLPICT000145558210_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqcfQdyHMCwP880y7YY3bXH1yVCFMiWCaFrrSvX--hOx8.jpeg

A young sheepdog lent new meaning to the phrase “bringing the sheep home” after he led a flock straight into a farmer’s home.

Rosalyn Edwards was working in her kitchen on Wednesday 25 October, when she suddenly started to hear strange noises.

When she turned around she was stunned to discover her Border collie puppy, Rocky, had proudly led nine sheep into her house.

The seven-month-old sheepdog-in-training had taken advantage of an open gate to usher the sheep through into the Edwards’ home in Devon via the back door.
TELEMMGLPICT000145556933_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqmlEBJTNgiNgOlretjDA5v6_Ri0-wmlGvMoWdFngCEW4.jpeg

[....]
“My son and husband had gone out into the field, and the gate was left open. Rocky got them out and led them to the house.

“I was in the kitchen and heard a noise. I turned around and the sheep were just standing there. There were about nine of them.

“I took the children into another room and then tried to guide the sheep out.”

Mrs Edwards later posted a video of the livestock melee in her home on Facebook, in which she and her husband, Andrew, 41, can be heard trying to shoo the animals from their home.

Eventually the flock was marched out via the porch at the front of their home, leaving a trail of muck in their wake.
TELEMMGLPICT000145558211_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfy2dmClwgbjjulYfPTELibA.jpeg

those dogs will herd anything and are aggressive about it too,will herd children they will try to herd you will almost break your neck as they are so hard headed and even try light nipping in the process

Last edited:
I've had that happen a few times. It was only four sheep and they walked in on their own. They ate all the fruit and left some calling cards.

1zxs877.jpg

My baby girl used to herd people, children, the other dogs, balloons ...
Never had the chance to herd sheep tho.
[doublepost=1509752168,1509751973][/doublepost]Thats better Pic was WAY too big. :)

Last edited:
Herding breeds are programed for herding from the womb. My Corgi was trying to herd people when she was 8 weeks old. She's spent her life as a house dog and she tries to keep everyone in the same room at family get togethers. She even nips my wife's butt sometimes.

Why would the farmer be stunned? The dog and sheep behaviour is all normal. Oh! It's the newspaper that wants the readers to be stunned!
The newspaper is grooming gullible readers for future news items..
The news could be just "this is heartwarming everyday life for a hardworking farmer."
Instead, they work it up a melodramav.

Some herders are raised with the sheep so they identify them as family and are protective. This one was just bringing friends home. "You live in this field? WTF! C'mon home and check out my room. Much cozier."

Back