• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
His wife was killed weeks, if not months prior to the explosion. I'm picturing this asshole sitting around with alllll this time to formulate a plan, and THIS was the best he could come up with. o_O

59beb915f0f20_image.jpg

A Madison man shot and killed his wife weeks ago and blew up their Southwest Side house on Wednesday as an attempt to cover up the homicide, Madison Police Chief Mike Koval said Sunday.

Lee Anne Pirus, 50, was identified by the Dane County Medical Examiner’s Office as the body found amid the rubble of a house at 7806 Stratton Way. Koval said she was shot by her husband, 59-year-old Steven Pirus, “weeks, if not months ago.” He was arrested late Saturday on tentative charges of first-degree intentional homicide, arson and reckless endangerment, Koval said.

“Steven Pirus shot and killed Lee Anne,” Koval said at a news conference. “Steven intentionally blew up this house. He’s as much as admitted it over the course of several days of conversations.”

Koval said investigators are looking into the couple’s past to determine what the motive might have been.

“I don’t want to rule out financials. I don’t want t0 rule out extra-marital issues. I don’t want to rule out anything,” he said. “The suspect himself, soon to be a defendant himself, has vacillated between his motives.”

The death marks the record-breaking 11th homicide in Madison this year. The previous high was set in 2008 when the city experienced 10 homicides.

Madison Fire Chief Steven Davis said natural gas was involved in the explosion, and an investigative task force gathered enough evidence by early Saturday to determine the blast was intentional.

“He would have had to manipulate, physically manipulate, a gas line leading from the dryer to the sub-basement in and around the area where her body was recovered,” Koval said.

The medical examiner’s office informed police Lee Anne Pirus had been dead “conservatively” for weeks, Koval said, but no missing persons report had been filed with the Madison Police Department.

“That never really got onto our radar screen, because no one had ever filed a report,” Koval said. “I would concede that’s unusual.”

Several neighbors told a State Journal reporter they had not seen Lee Anne Pirus in weeks and weren’t sure if she still lived in the residence.

The couple, who had been married for more than 20 years, had no children together, Koval said. They moved into their two-story house with two basement levels right off South High Point Road in 2005.

It was leveled by the blast around 2 p.m. Wednesday. Pirus’ body was found Friday morning.

“By doing something so reckless as he did, he not only attempted to cover up a deliberate, intentional homicide, but he also obviously put innocent third parties at risk,” Koval said.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_271aafeb-841c-5702-8a63-9fda1eea7979.html

sing the people interviewed were in shock... I would have been pissed if a neighbor because he could have taken out more than just that house and it was just stupid, look at the little emo faces here
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_271aafeb-841c-5702-8a63-9fda1eea7979.html

http://www.wqow.com/story/36386872/...ed-wife-intentionally-blew-up-home-in-madison

14936672_G.jpg

http://fox6now.com/2017/09/17/woman...explosion-was-homicide-victim-husband-jailed/
image15.jpg

even nearby dynamiting will knock thing off of the shelves if I were the neighbors...

Last edited:
I mean, once you've let a corpse decompose in your house for weeks in the summertime, blowing it up and starting fresh probably doesn't seem like such a terrible idea.

Not a criminal mastermind of sober thought.
He basically sent up a flare for every agency to "come see what I did".

She was a decent looking woman too.
Way above his merit.

Latest posts

Back