• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

beli

54360a62995e3.preview-620.jpg

The officer had attempted to stop the fleeing suspect, the St Louis Metropolitan Police Department said on Twitter. During the chase on foot the suspect turned and fired at the officer, who returned fire and fatally wounded him, the force said.

The officer was not hurt and a gun was recovered from the scene, police said.

Some accounts of the case said the young man, named locally as Vonderrick Myers Jr, 18, had only been carrying a sandwich. Teyonna Myers, 23, of Florissant, said Myers was her cousin. “He was unarmed,” she told the St Louis Post-Dispatch. “He had a sandwich in his hand, and they thought it was a gun. It’s like Michael Brown all over again.”

Police spokeswoman Leah Freeman told CNN said the officer had beenoff-duty and working an approved second job when he attempted to stop Myers for a “pedestrian check”. He had been wearing his police uniform.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-18-year-old-reviving-tensions-over-ferguson

Okay, the sandwich thing, the officers have reported recovering a gun, was he using the gun to cut his sandwich by shooting holes in it?

Maybe it will come out that he was indeed unarmed but for right now I am going to believe that a gun was recovered because with everything that has happened in te wake of the Michael Brown fiasco the cops can't do anything right in the eyes of much of the public there.

Are you fucking kidding me, asshole fires 3 fucking at cop and dumb motherfuckers and lowlife piece of shit activist are marching seeking answers, because the cop shot a motherfucking criminal shooting at him
What The Fuck Is Wrong With This Picture
I'll tell whats fucking wrong, you read what happened in East Palo Alto, a wonderful child with real promise an A student in Pre-Med on a wrestling scholarship to USF liked by everyone, killed in a drive by and no one is protesting no one is looking for
fucking answers

But shoot a worthless criminal and everyone is up in arms, looking for fucking answers, fuck all you assholes

The officer approached a group of men. One of the men took off running, Dotson said, so the officer pursued. Dotson said the suspect approached the officer in an "aggressive" manner, with a physical altercation occurring. The man then turned and fired three rounds at the officer before his gun jammed, Dotson said.

“Tensions in the region are very high,” Dotson said. “Any police officer use of force certainly will draw attention.”
St. Louis Alderman Antonio French, who documented the turmoil in Ferguson after Brown's Aug. 9 shooting death, reflected on the region's renewed anguish.

"At the scene of yet another young man's death,” he wrote on Twitter. “This happens too often in our city. It's a crisis that we should all be concerned about.”

Activists took to the streets of St. Louis overnight, marching and chanting, seeking answers.

Why aren't the assholes protesting this, this is a true tragedy

View Larger

East Palo Alto shooting victim

EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. —

A college wrestler studying to be a doctor was shot and killed Friday night in East Palo Alto as his father arrived from the east coast for a family visit.

Friends of San Francisco State student Mark Madden said the 20-year-old radiated happiness.

“Like that life is good, it’s all good,” said high school friend Gabe Ortiz.

That is until a drive-by shooting cut life short Friday night.

“You would just never expect anything like this to happen to someone like him,” said Ortiz.

Someone fired shots at Madden’s uncle’s home on Laurel Avenue in East Palo Alto, striking the young man as he approached the front door around five in the evening.

His father, Marquis Madden, got the news while traveling from Baltimore.

“I saved up all year to come out and see him and my other son in Richmond. And he kept saying, ‘Dad I can’t wait to see you to make you my lasagna.’ And I missed my flight, got stuck in Atlanta, and woke up to this,” said Marquis Madden.

The San Francisco State University junior who studied to be a doctor died on the front path before his father arrived.

Through tears, Marquis Madden struggled to come to grasp with what had happened saying, “

Straight A student. I don’t understand it. You guys took the wrong…you took the wrong person, man. You took the wrong person,” said Madden.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime...r-college-student-fatall/nhcMf/?__federated=1

“I saved up all year to come out and see him and my other son in Richmond. And he kept saying, ‘Dad I can’t wait to see you to make you my lasagna.’ And I missed my flight, got stuck in Atlanta, and woke up to this,” said Marquis Madden.
The San Francisco State University junior who studied to be a doctor died on the front path before his father arrived.
Dear God, that is heartbreaking. No, it's worse than heartbreaking.

People need to be outraged about what happened to him and not criminals being shot. Being a criminal comes with occupational hazards and one of those is being shot either by the police or by the innocent people you are trying to victimize. It's not some kind of tragedy, it's a fact of life.

@Valasca

I say mid November. Grand jury's expected to take longer and addressing security concerns. Hopefully we make it to Turkey Day. :)

ETA: after watching my local news, I feel forced to add this tidbit. I like sandwiches as well. I like to share my sandwiches. I however do not use my Glock to cut said sandwich. :whistle:

Last edited:
You can be off-duty, and still use your uniform to perform an unrelated job?
That depends on the job, DG. Obviously if the officer's second job is making burgers at a fast-food joint then uniform wear would not be appropriate, but providing security at that restaurant would probably be a different story.

--Al

Well there definitely needs to be so further analysis into why he was wearing his uniform on a second job and what the hell a citizen check is, but clearly he "Was" in uniform and I may not be a genius but i know damn well regardless the color of my skin if I pull a gun on a cop, It will be met with return fire. This is more a reminder of common sense than a tragedy.

Well there definitely needs to be so further analysis into why he was wearing his uniform on a second job and what the hell a citizen check is, but clearly he "Was" in uniform and I may not be a genius but i know damn well regardless the color of my skin if I pull a gun on a cop, It will be met with return fire. This is more a reminder of common sense than a tragedy.

B/c it was a county/city approved 2nd security job. Therefore he wears his uniform as well as his service weapon.

Just FYI, not trying to b rude.
There's an application process for that kind of a situation. And this officer went thru all the correct channels.

U r also correct, someone shoots at me 3 times, misses, and their magazine jams? Sorry, I'm unloading into u, 17 shots, if that's what it takes. I don't care if ur race is purple with blue fucking polka dots!

*sigh*
Shootings like this r a daily occurrence here, have been for 10+ yrs since I moved here. Race is only an issue after August.

I just want a sandwich now. ;)

You can be off-duty, and still use your uniform to perform an unrelated job?
Cops in Boston can moonlight as a hired officer for a local business. It is all through legitimate sources approved by the department/patrolman's assn. Such as nightclubs, liquor stores or constructions companies who need traffic control (etc) They are working as a police officer, just being paid by a private establishment.

The only way this decaying cumstain was pointing a sandwich at the off-duty cop is if Ruger started making ham & cheese in .38 caliber.

The only way this decaying cumstain was pointing a sandwich at the off-duty cop is if Ruger started making ham & cheese in .38 caliber.
not too sure about this one: would be the first to say it was a good decision on cops part if the circumstances weren't allot more murky than painted, but that gun could have easily been planted. P.S. I feel driver by shooters should be given mandatory life sentences and it would become less appealing

Dumbest fucking article I've read in a long time
Gee, so he didn't show a gun when he bought the sandwich, WTF that supposed to mean he didn't have one.
Fucking reporters and their fucked up agendas, why should a gun be visible in the store vid, who the fuck shows a gun buying a sand?
Cartel Holder on his way yet?
Anyone read anything on the Palo Alto case other than my one article, bet NO!

Store video shows St Louis teen buying a sandwich with friends just minutes before he was killed by off-duty police officer - and there is NO visible sign he had a gun

• Surveillance video that has just been released shows the teenager buying a sandwich before the incident with friends at Shaw Market
  • The video does not show any visible sign of a gun on Myers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fficer-no-visible-sign-gun.html#ixzz3Fmx4c9Gu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
/QUOTE]

Not aimed at u in the slightest Psycho, I like u.

But is this article f*cking kidding me?
Bullshit like this is y we can't try to start climbing out of this hole, FFS!!!!!

The media can take their looking-in-from-the-outside propaganda f*cking bullshit to a different town!!

2 years ago we had a tornado rip thru Ferguson on Good Sunday. EF-3. The outpouring of the community was amazing. I miss those days now. How sad is that?

that's bad. I am sorry you are there and all of this is going on. We had a few E5s here a little over a year ago and I am thankful me and mine were all okay physically even though it was major community clean up oO. Having been in Calif. I have seen dirty cops and nothing is worse I did think when I first heard this story of all the injustices happening in this country the idea of people making a big deal over some thug that shot at the guy first was an abomination and was just starting to wonder. I unfortunately don't take anything his mom says supporting him with a grain of salt as I have seen mothers support their monsters to the bitter end

Dumbest fucking article I've read in a long time
Gee, so he didn't show a gun when he bought the sandwich, WTF that supposed to mean he didn't have one.
Fucking reporters and their fucked up agendas, why should a gun be visible in the store vid, who the fuck shows a gun buying a sand?
Cartel Holder on his way yet?
Anyone read anything on the Palo Alto case other than my one article, bet NO!
I read it and like I said it was a bad thing. A long time ago I worked briefly at a group home in San Jose for juveniles and it was heinous what I saw and how many generations bad behaviour could be traced back.

Sen. Jamilah Nasheed just another shit disturbing scum of the earth

Vonderrit Myers Jr., pictured with his mother, was shot dead by an off-duty police officer on Wednesday night. (Daily Mail)

The narrative on the street was that Vonderrit was shot 16 times by a police officer. His aunt said he was eating a sandwich when he was shot.
But that is not what the autopsy revealed.
The St. Louis Post Dispatch reported:

An autopsy has shown that Vonderrit Myers Jr. was shot from five to seven times during a fatal encounter with an off-duty police officer Wednesday, police sources said.

Sen. Jamilah Nasheed suggested at a press conference earlier today that the teen had been shot in the back of the head, but medical examiners did not find any gunshots to the back of Myers’ head, police sources said.

There were seven wounds to the teen’s body, five of which are clearly bullet holes. Investigators still are trying to determine if the other wounds are exit wounds,

Myers’s previous arrests.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...nderrit-myers-jr-was-shot-5-7-times-in-front/

Maybe activist and racist motherfucking shit disturbers, just can't read, maybe they should've spent more time in class
or maybe they're just assholes

The suspect then ran from the officer, up a hill in the 4100 block of Shaw. At this time, the officer saw the suspect was armed with what he believed to be a gun. The officer wanted to be certain what the suspect had was a gun, and did not immediately fire at the suspect. The suspect then turned toward the officer, pointed the gun at the officer and fired at least three rounds.

Three projectiles were recovered going toward the officer, down the hill, with ballistic evidence, a bullet in a vehicle, located behind the officer. As the suspect fired at the officer, fearing for his safety, the officer returned fire. As the officer moved toward the suspect, the suspect continued to pull the trigger.

Upon recovery of the gun, investigation revealed the gun had malfunctioned and had jammed after firing at least three rounds. As the suspect continued to point the gun toward the officer and pull the trigger, the officer continued to fire shots at the suspect, fatally wounding him. The suspect was pronounced deceased on the scene.

Last edited:
Police initially identified the gun as a 9 mm Ruger. But a police source told the Post-Dispatch that the gun Myers fired at the officer was a 9 mm Smith & Wesson, which was bought at Cabela's in Hazelwood on May 5. It was then reported stolen Sept. 26 by a man from The Ville neighborhood. The owner told police that one of his sons stole the gun. When questioned, the son claimed the gun was stolen from him during a robbery that he did not report to police. It's unclear how Myers acquired the weapon, police said.

Dotson said he is unaware of any video that captured Wednesday night's shooting. He said the department's Force Investigative Unit is investigating.

The attorney for the police officer who shot Myers Jr. told the Post-Dispatch that his client is lucky to be alive because he hesitated too long before firing at the teen.

"He's fortunate the guy missed him," said Brian Millikan, adding that his client, though highly trained, may have been influenced by the current atmosphere surrounding the use of force by police.

Millikan said that the officer served with the U.S. Marines in Iraq and is "shaken up." Millikan said he and his client welcomes outside investigators.

"We welcome any fact finder...Who is looking at it through a factual lens, not a political lens," he said.

He called claims that Myers was carrying a sandwich, not a gun, "ridiculous."

"This policeman did everything by the book with the possible exception of waiting too long," he said. "We're just fortunate it didn't cost him his life."

“When I pulled up I saw the cop standing over him (Myers) then he pointed the gun at everyone else telling everyone to get back while he was searching for another clip,” Boyd said.

Boyd said he heard others nearby telling the officer “you killed my friend.”

Several neighbors also gathered at the scene. Some said they were surprised by the shooting.

“This is not normal,” said Dorenda Townsend, 42, who lives in the Shaw neighborhood. “I’ve lived here over 20 years.”

Some also expressed concern that the shooting involved police.

“I pray this is not another Mike Brown situation,” said Sharon Norman, 50, referring to the August shooting in Ferguson in which a police officer fatally shot a teenager. That shooting prompted many protests.

Ronnie Sparks, 45, who lives in the Shaw neighborhood, said his son, Cameron Ming, 21, was with Myers on Wednesday night. After the shooting, Sparks said Ming was talking with police.

"They have been harassing him all day like they do all the time, pulling him over, stopping him," Sparks said of his son. "That's how it is. They harass the kids in the neighborhood. Our kids walk around in their own neighborhood and get harassed for it."

Dotson said he agreed with some of the group's concerns, especially the need for more African-American recruits, but disagrees with the need for him to delay giving statements to the public.

"Does the public want me to be open and transparent or not?" he asked.

Dotson said he has welcomed and sought federal investigations into police shootings in the past, "When there are significant questions about the case."

"In this case, there is strong forensic evidence, but if at some point that evidence leads us in a different direction, I have a history of asking the U.S. Attorney and others to look at the case," Dotson said.

Dotson said trust is going to take time.

"We didn't get to this point overnight," Dotson said. "We can't fix problems that have developed over decades overnight, but you have to look at the steps this department and every agency is taking.

"You have to judge an agency by it's willingness to change, and we have demonstrated that we are willing to change."

Dotson noted the last class of police recruits and the class that began this week are nearly split between black and white cadets.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_2d5a8c2a-97db-5cec-a477-1130d7d26f7e.html

How fucking terrifying must it have been for that cop. Actually waited for the scumbag to fire bullets at him before used his gun. People have the nerve to get up in arms about this one? Had someone turn and point a gun at him, yet he doesn't fire back. I would move if i was a cop in that city, fucking pack your bags and move. Why put yourself in a situation like that?

And immediatley after the shooting as the crowd is showing up was prob scarier then the chase and shooting itself. Can't imagine how nerve racking it must have been for this guy to stand there while these other scumbags circled, likely getting more and more agitated cuz he had just shot their shithead friend. Wonder how long he waited for backup to show up, prob felt like hours.

Straight A student. I don’t understand it. You guys took the wrong…you took the wrong person, man. You took the wrong person,” said Madden.
These are my "stomping grounds". EPA has an over resilient task force roaming the streets. Though there are a lot of drug deals that go down in epa on a daily basis, this gives the police no rite to be as violent as they have been in the past few years. Shit has got out of hand.

These are my "stomping grounds". EPA has an over resilient task force roaming the streets. Though there are a lot of drug deals that go down in epa on a daily basis, this gives the police no rite to be as violent as they have been in the past few years. Shit has got out of hand.
cops are not doing drive by shootings dumb ass
If these are your grounds, maybe you remember when gang members where shooting at cop cars in EPA so they wouldn't patrol there, everyday some cop car would get all shot up
Fucking bunch of criminal shit assholes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back