• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A member of pacifist hippie group The Rainbow Family of Living Light was killed in a deadly shooting around a campfire.
Jacob Cardwell, also known as Smiley, was shot dead by a man from Georgia, who was in turn stabbed multiple times and had to be rushed to hospital.
A second Rainbow Family member, Wesley Jones, also known as Dice, was also shot, and was in critical condition after the attack at the group's annual woodland meeting.

[...]

Hundreds of members had assembled in the woods for the group's annual Rainbow Family Gathering. It was supposed to last several weeks, but was shut down after the killing.

[...]

The group was founded in 1970s and has strong ties to the hippie movement.
It professes to have no leaders or hierarchy, and appears to draw its name from a native American prophecy claiming that a band of 'rainbow warriors' will 'make the earth green again'.
Non-violence is an important part of members' lifestyles.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-PACIFIST-Rainbow-Family-hippie-group.html

I want to know what the Georgia dude is also known as.

Guess he didn't read the charter about "non-violence." He must be one of those new young 'uns who doesn't understand the old ways.

I really don't like these people. Ever time I have encountered them reinforces that. They ruin any area they are allowed to have get to gethers at and piss everyone off around them. They have no concept of actually cleaning up after themselves or the environment and are filthy as a whole. I'll leave it at that as maybe there are people in this group that are trying to believe in something but they turn it into crap.

I can't say much about it, but I can say this much...
I worked a case involving the Rainbow Family last year, and the number of guns recovered was as big as, or more than, the amount of drugs recovered.
Can't say anything else, but...that says it all.

This happened a couple of counties away from where I live.
The article that is used here conveniently leaves out the part about what started the fracas.
The shooter(an outsider local) originally went to the main campsite to get them to stop burning tires on their illegal bonfire. The Rainbow Putzes physically attacked him all the way back to his vehicle. He had enough, retrieved his gun & the rest is history.
This isn't the first time that bunch of filthy shitheads has instigated problems in my neck 'o the woods. Fuck 'em!

The article that is used here conveniently leaves out the part about what started the fracas.
The shooter(an outsider local) originally went to the main campsite to get them to stop burning tires on their illegal bonfire. The Rainbow Putzes physically attacked him all the way back to his vehicle. He had enough, retrieved his gun & the rest is history.
This isn't the first time that bunch of filthy shitheads has instigated problems in my neck 'o the woods. Fuck 'em!
But did they physically attack him in a non-violent manner?

w
hen we meet in Nola, you bring me a bottle of Blacks or Kraken I will get us a few pitchers of beers and I will regale you with rainbow stories and make you pee your pants laughing and scream

This shitis getting old! Someone please tell these fools that all the hippies grew the fuck up, got jobs and became ADULTS! Peace, love and brotherhood are NOT advanced by idiotic shenanigans and immature behavior.
Free To Be is wonderful; making a solid gold fool of yourself while outraging the community is childish and benefits NOBODY. And if they gave an actual fuck about the earth, they wouldn't leave filth and destruction behind them.
Keep your ideals, by all means; but make sure your ideals don't involve making messes other people have to clean up. Selfish fuckers.

This shitis getting old! Someone please tell these fools that all the hippies grew the fuck up, got jobs and became ADULTS! Peace, love and brotherhood are NOT advanced by idiotic shenanigans and immature behavior.
Free To Be is wonderful; making a solid gold fool of yourself while outraging the community is childish and benefits NOBODY. And if they gave an actual fuck about the earth, they wouldn't leave filth and destruction behind them.
Keep your ideals, by all means; but make sure your ideals don't involve making messes other people have to clean up. Selfish fuckers.
and allot of it irreparable. The cretins have made it a point of going to National Forests usually on the border of Tribal land and are lucky [not for the rest of society or wildlife] not to have disappeared in herds never to have been seen or heard from again :vamp::devil:. they mess with creeks sacred sites the animals and land and leave tons of garbage as well as set fires causing damage and are generally annoying and moronic.

Only attendee I ever met was a meth cook, and that was in the early '80's, so by then I already knew the original Rainbow Gatherings had run their course.

The Rainbow Putzes physically attacked him all the way back to his vehicle. He had enough, retrieved his gun & the rest is history.

He prob should have stayed in his truck and contacted appropriate authorities regarding the illegal burning as well as the asssault he suffered. Dipshit got himself stabbed and likely facing some serious prison time, all over some worthless deadbeats. What a thing to throw your life into the trash over.

Is this one of those groups that rapes kids too? I'm going to blindly assume that yes, it most definitely is.

What happened to the far out peace and love, maaaan? The groovy, free love in the mud and all the babies born out of (LSD) wedlock as a big F U to your parents' Establishment? Chainin' yourself to trees and smokin' the Sacred Herb with all your brothers and sisters as a :finger: to The Man? Teachin' the world to sing with a Coke and a smile? Flower Power and giant, yellow, smiley face pillows?

Ruined! Ruined, I tell ya. All the protests over 'Nam, and all my friend's big brothers who never came home, and fightin' The Man for sprayin' "black" folks with fire hoses and unleashin' the dogs? This is NOT what Jim, Jimi and Janice died for, maaaaan (besides the drug & ETOH ODs). This is NOT what the dream in the Purple Haze from the Watchtower was about.

Trashy, unbathed, no job havin' assholes doin' nasty, trashy things to Mother Earth and stock-piling weapons, selling drugs and gods knows what under the guise of the Rainbow. You don't deserve your Love Beads, you fuggin' lazy, low-life twats. Even the Dems are embarrassed of your pseudoterrorist bullshit. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but "take a bath, get a haircut, and get a real job!!"

Note to worthless, inbred Rainbow Family fucktards - See? See what you made me say? Grrrr... lol.

Last edited:
Get a haircut
And get a real job!
Be like your big brother Bob
He got a haircut and got a REAL job.
Thank you George Thorogood!

Ahhh, they're a bunch of lazy morons. Take everything they can and give nothing back.
My friends and I, after Vietnam ended, picked up our little red wagons and became contributing members of society.
Our ideals and goals did NOT change; we just found better ways to engage.

Back