• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
I realize this may seem more like Weird News to Some, but in my eyes, this is one of those times when medical technology serves a truly noble purpose <3
article-liu7.jpg

Pei Xia Chen, the wife of NYPD Officer Wenjian Liu, shot to death in 2014, has given birth to a baby girl.
(NYPD)
Nearly three years after an NYPD officer got his wings — the slain cop has an angel of his own.

The widow of Officer Wenjian Liu gave birth Tuesday to a baby girl after she became pregnant using sperm preserved from her husband. Pei Xia Chen welcomed her 6-pound, 13-ounce bundle of joy into the world around 4:30 a.m. at New York Presbyterian/Cornell Medical Center.

Liu’s mother pointed to the sky in tribute to her son and beamed with pride over her granddaughter.

“Her name is Angelina, like an angel, like my son is an angel,” Liu’s mom Xiu Yan Li told the Daily News. “I'm just so happy.”

Liu, 32, and Officer Rafael Ramos, 40, were shot to death on Dec. 20, 2014 as they sat in a marked patrol car in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. On the night of the shooting, Wenjian Liu’s wife — who also goes by Sanny Liu — requested her husband’s semen be frozen.

article-liu4-0725.jpg

Officer Wenjian Liu was killed in 2014.
(NYPD)
Police said the wife had a dream that night during which Liu handed her a baby girl...

Experts say that even after a murder, there’s a 24-hour window where sperm can be collected. If frozen properly, it can last forever. In vitro fertilization — the process used by Chen — has a 70-80% success rate in women with normal fertility levels.

The first-time mom is eager to tell her daughter that her dad was a New York City hero.

003.jpg

Angelina’s grandmother visited the baby and said the newborn’s face was a perfect blend of her parents...

article-liu6.jpg

(COURTESY OF XIU YAN LI)
article-liu-0726.jpg

(OBTAINED BY DAILY NEWS)Xiu Yan Li (l.) and Wei Tang Liu, parents of slain NYPD Officer Liu, hold baby Angelina.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...an-liu-wife-birth-baby-girl-article-1.3355111

Last edited:
This is so nice ... they must have really loved each other ... and what a wonderful gift for his parents.

Back